March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daughters of the Warrioress Gen 2 - Updated 05/30

MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
fdZPJYy.jpg
Banner by Maladi777

Welcome, welcome in the age of heroes!
As I've already written some stories before, I wasn't completely new to it when starting this one. However, it was the first time I didn't use my native language so please generously overlook the fact that the first chapters are not perfect - it gets better, as do the pictures and storytelling in the whole ;) You are always more than welcome to point out grammar or other mistakes that make reading hard for you.
Now, please enjoy! :)
---

So, before getting started I want to give quick credits to pammiechick. Although I've thought about doing an Amazon Challenge story even before reading hers it was very inspiring. If you're into this stuff, I would totally recommend reading it (and many others, too such as Marialein's tribe Naheli, roseinblack69's Blessing Moon Tribe and Meggles' Suzu Clan but I'm still far from finishing to explore the depths of this forum).

But now, no further delay.

Chapter index

Click here for the first chapter. Have fun! :)
fdZPJYy.jpg
Chapters | Updated 09/26
Post edited by MrsRacooney on

Comments

• MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Chapter 2 is online: Friends and enemies
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    *Gasp* I love the name Penthesilea, such an amazon name! Very creative ;)
    I hope her fears of Haimon being a threat won't come true! She needs a trustworthy slave after all!

And she's meeting so many people! She might find allies and enemies among them, better be careful!

I bookmarked, keep up the good work ;)
    @ Sterretjeee Oh my goodness, you don't know how happy you've just made me by commenting (eh... or do you?)! *dancing around all over the room * Thank you so much!
    The name is not my invention. There was an Amazon queen in Greek mythology, the most famous one. She had accidentally killed her sister on a hunt and wished to die an honorable death in combat. In the end, she indeed died by the hands of Achilles who lost his heart to the dying woman. Very tragic. *Greek mythology nerd turn off *
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    I kinda do, I get really excited myself with every comment I get on my own story ;)
    I love supporting other authors by doing so at their stories as well! :)

I do know about Achilles! But I never knew Penthesilea was a character in the story as well! Your amazon must feel so honoured to be named after her!
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    What a great start :) I am always happy to read different anazon stories since I write one too.

I love that you use all the premades and the styleing you gave them. Can't wait for more ;)
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Bookmarked. I will comment when I catch up!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited July 2017
    @Sterretjeee Penthesilea is indeed one of the less familiar characters but a very captivating one, too in my opinion. As you say, the one in my story loves to bear her name.

@Marialein Thanks. In the meantime I've finally managed to finish your Amazon story. :D

@pammiechick Take your time. ^^ It's for fun, after all
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    Also jumped in onto this story. More Amazons, yay! :)
    Nice tot see the old Greek/Amazon names and the premades in an Amazon world.
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    Read the current chapters, seems interesting! I am looking forward to an update :smile:
    unknown.png
    edited July 2017
    @Sassie Agree, there can never be enough Amazon stories in this forum ^^
    @Zinniavanilla The update will take some time, as I plan to upload it weekly. Too much stress otherwise and stress doesn't produce a good story, each writer knows that. (And please forgive me for any pressure I put on anyone for new chapters. Guess I switch roles then and am but a reader xD)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @ Sassie Agree, there can never be enough Amazon stories in this forum ^^
    @ Zinniavanilla The update will take some time, as I plan to upload it weekly. Too much stress otherwise and stress doesn't produce a good story, each writer knows that. (And please forgive me for any pressure I put on anyone for new chapters. Guess I switch roles then and am only a reader xD)

oh, no. It's fine. Take all the time you need to get a new chapter out, I can live :lol:
    unknown.png
    oh, no. It's fine. Take all the time you need to get a new chapter out, I can live :lol:

To live sounds like a good plan xD
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    edited April 2017
    As I was really inspired by current events (*coughs * Easter), I've done a special chapter just for fun. It's completely torn out of the story but somehow I wanted to do this. :)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    As I was really inspired by current events (*coughs * Easter), I've done a special chapter just for fun. It's completely torn out of the story but somehow I wanted to do this. :)

Oh nice.Those are always fun
    unknown.png
    Just uploaded Chapter 3: Fateful encounters. Enjoy! :)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    In Chapter 4, Penthesilea must face the Council of Nobles
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    The Easter special is super cute! I bet Haimon loves his reward ;)
    Zeuxippe is so full of herself! But I'll consider her kindness since she did leave a slave.
    The council's place is amazing! Penthesilea could've handled the situation more tactfully, though. Luckily Boras is an okay guy!
    edited April 2017
    Yep, he probably would say so if you asked him ^^
    Actually, it is not that kind to leave only a slave to accompany a queen, especially considering biting comment. But you're right, though. She could have acted a lot more disrespectful.
    The council's place is indeed amazing. I wished I was the creator but I have told them

@Marialein @Sterretjeee Sometimes I feel as if Penthesilea's genius trait doesn't really show... But we'll see and believe me, I'm as eager to learn about it as you are xD
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    edited May 2017
    Chapter 5 is online since yesterday and will show the continued meeting of the Council of Nobles. Have fun! :)

24g0nf5.png
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    So glad Penthesilea managed to win the fight! She might want to get closer to that handsome one in other ways too ;)
    edited May 2017
    Agree. I was really surprised when she actually did because I first had them shoot the scene, then fight ingame. xD And I was quite sure she'd lose, but nooo.
    You *may* be right with your assumption. If you are, you do know more than Penthesilea because she distrusts men in general in that regard. It's pretty difficult for her to accept that some of them are even more powerful than her right now.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Now that Penthesilea has won the Council of Nobles over, there are some more people left: Chapter 6

5f2a0g.png
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    It looks like Pethesilea will be troubled training those men! Are they not aware of her beating a man in combat?
    Hopefully they will soon learn to know their place.
    Unfortunately they haven't been there to see the fight :( They've just heard of it and I'm pretty sure the leaders won't make a fuss over it because Serkon is one of them and they wouldn't want to humiliate him before the common people.
    And don't worry, they're going to learn this in the next chapter already >:)
    By the way, great you keep reading and commenting. Thank you very much <3
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26