Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daughters of the Warrioress Gen 2 - Updated 05/30

Comments

• Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    So here we go, reply marathon!
    Haflinger wrote: »
    Apparently, I was a terribly precocious thing as a youngling, apparently. I distinctly remember starting to read Greek myths in third grade (we used to get those book drive catalogs in school and you could order books, and those were what I ordered) which led to me being a queen of sass in 6th grade when informing my teacher in front of the whole class that he had his myths wrong. Historical fiction picked up from there, I like to read, what can I say.

I always get sniffly about the Illiad. It's so ... well, Hector being brave and awesome and noble, and Achilles over there sulking in his tent. David Gemmell wrote some pretty interesting Troy fiction.

My classes are awesome! We had the most interesting discussion in my Pompeii class on the family life of the Greek and Egyptian gods, it wasn't even really the topic of the class, but it spun off, I guess.

I do recommend The Firebrand! It's the usual Marion Zimmer Bradley feminine perspective angle, but it reads well, and makes Kassandra a very likeable and not the crazy woman that everyone else makes her out to be. Plus ... Amazons!

Oooh you got those catalogs too? :smiley: That's a childhood memory for me! I never ordered one of the books only twice or so but always read every description in it and judged the books :D It wasn't until fifth grade that I discovered myths... You def got a headstart! And lol for correcting your teacher. It seems your path was predestined, the myths chose you B) Or you them? Not quite sure
    Oh yes, true story. It's even worse when you know he will die and just keep reading and he worries so much about his family and city. One of my favorite scenes is when Hector returns to the city and Hekabe offers him wine but he declines. And he's just so nice to Paris/Alexandros, too :'( And then Andromache comes with his son and he says goodbye and I was in tears :bawling:
    If you say so I will try hard to read the Firebrand once I have more time. At least there aren't any more books lying around unread atm.
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    :scream: You're going to kill Protego?? He's like, the sweetest guy ever! :bawling:
    I mean, I guess they all do have to die eventually though :(

Well if he isn't saved from certain death for the third time... :frowning: He's gonna hit the 50 in 9 years. But yeah, watch him dying will be so hard in any case :bawling: That's why I warned @Bugsie2016 already
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Although, there's a minor character next gen who might take his place... *cough cough*

A certain handsome-faced slave who is going to expand the Dekanos' possessions? ;)
    Damaro wrote: »
    There is no chance that they had a 'moment' together and Áed had left Agneis with child? :( Poor girl deserves a little bit love, a nooboo of her own in her life T_T

Well to be honest, I'm actually glad he's finally gone; otherwise there would have been the danger of me falling as much in love with him as you with Pili
    ... what a very racoony thing to say of you. :p
    (I'm really trying to not call you sadistic, but it's quite hard on me with such statements o:):D )[/quote]

Wow what a suggestion. Sure, the first Haimon thinks about when meeting his long-lost quasi-sister again is taking her into a nearby bush? :# Sorry, we're not in ancient Egypt here :D *intense look at our fruity friend* You will have to invent more probable scenarios :p
    Yes dear, I always try to be very racoony in my statements o:) No denying any more after you made it public so decently?
    Glad you like the pose pack-gift!
    Love the pose pack my darling! <3

You're giving me IDEAS; that's never safe :scream:

Mwahahaha! Making gifts is nice but even nicer when you get something back in return... Like reading stuff... >:)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Although, there's a minor character next gen who might take his place... *cough cough*

A certain handsome-faced slave who is going to expand the Dekanos' possessions? ;)
    @MrsRacooney Nah. I meant the other minor character. XD
  • Options

@MrsRacooney Nah. I meant the other minor character. XD

Oooh... Lol because you were talking about Protego I subconsciously assumed the minor char you were talking about was a man :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
    Return from a hiatus to find a wonderful chapter and beautiful pose pack! Just lovely. <3<3
  • Options
    @Sarahkay It's always a pleasure to see you here again! :smiley: Hopefully you can find use for the poses
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    @Sarahkay It's always a pleasure to see you here again! :smiley: Hopefully you can find use for the poses

I actually used them in my latest chapter, just not in the way they were meant for. :D
  • Options
    Sarahkay wrote: »

I actually used them in my latest chapter, just not in the way they were meant for. :D

:D Well, they were still fighting after all... Oh all those times you use poses for an entirely different purpose than they were actually made for! Good that that's possible though! :p
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    It is coming, still needs at least a week to be finished but after the patient wait you have truly deserved an early insight! :smiley:
    Here are the lyrics to the song referred to (and here is the video) - it’s the first one of the two songs they play. Please don’t be confused, the original lyrics are from the point of view of the woman while the band plays it from the POV of a man because, well, their singer is a man and they probably figured it’d make more sense that way. :smirk:

So, here ya go! :smiley:
    51 Years before, Beginning of Spring ~ 33 years before Penthesilea’s arrival

How blithe each morn’ was I tae see my lad came o'er the hill...” The soft words were hearable only to Rósín herself as she clasped the stair-rail tightly.
    For a moment, she hesitated. There was no one. Then, a figure detached from the shadows and her legs carried her down the stairs on their own.
    “There you are.” Impatiently, Dystychon held out his hand, the one she was longing for so much to take - and hold on to it forever. “Come, sweetheart.”
    Her heart began to pound within her chest, strong and fast, so alive and fragile at the same time that it amazed her each time anew.
    “You don't now, and we never see us again,” he stated. “I go. Now.” Into the middle of the dreadful silence, her mind began to hum the merry tunes of the childhood song again as if to protect itself.
    “Fain would I be in my own country herding his father's ewes...”
    Light as a feather, her slender hand lowered onto his. A charming smile on his dark, handsome face - the handsomest she had ever seen - and he touched her cheek.
    “Promise me,” she begged with breaking voice. “Promise me we will stay nearby so I can watch over my family and friends and see what will become of them.”
    ​ “Anything, sweetheart. Because you're mine now.”
    “And you're mine,” she whispered with a slight sob which was soon chased away by a chaste kiss at her cheek. Whatever her noble father and his advisers said, Rósín could look beyond the foreigner's boastful demeanor and reputation as a ne'er-do-well. What he had revealed to her was a hard-working and caring but deeply desperate young man.
    Desperate to lose what others didn't even grant him in the first place. Desperate in the face of an uncertain future in an unknown land.
    ​ She knew that feeling all too well.
    And all along the way out of the village, the melody smoothly accompanied her steps. Guided her feet away from the hut she had used to think of as home. Into many lonely suns to come, toward her beloved and their late-born little son, the few people she would call hers from that moment on.
    Gently, the bell-like sounds spread over the veil of night, covering the peaceful village and future that laid ahead of the two young people who left for love.
    “Hard fate that I should banished be, gone way o'er hill and moor. Because I loved the fairest lad that ever yet was born...”
    mta3pz.png
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    That was beautiful *-*
    Can't wait for it's release.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    The anticipation builds! I look forward to reading more.

I thought the song was familiar. I’ve heard it sung by a different artist.
  • Options
    @Damaro Me either :D
    Haflinger wrote: »
    I’ve heard it sung by a different artist.

Possible, since it's pretty popular. There were quite a few versions on youtube but I chose this one because I've been at one of the band's concerts and like their music in general. They've inspired a lot of the Westerners' culture through their songs and often they interpret old ones new
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    It is coming, still needs at least a week to be finished but after the patient wait you have truly deserved an early insight! :smiley:
    Here are the lyrics to the song referred to (and here is the video) - it’s the first one of the two songs they play. Please don’t be confused, the original lyrics are from the point of view of the woman while the band plays it from the POV of a man because, well, their singer is a man and they probably figured it’d make more sense that way. :smirk:

How blithe each morn’ was I tae see my lad came o'er the hill...” The soft words were hearable only to Rósín herself as she clasped the stair-rail tightly.
    For a moment, she hesitated. There was no one. Then, a figure detached from the shadows and her legs carried her down the stairs on their own.
    “There you are.” Impatiently, Dystychon held out his hand, the one she was longing for so much to take - and hold on to it forever. “Come, sweetheart.”
    Her heart began to pound within her chest, strong and fast, so alive and fragile at the same time that it amazed her each time anew.
    “You don't now, and we never see us again,” he stated. “I go. Now.” Into the middle of the dreadful silence, her mind began to hum the merry tunes of the childhood song again as if to protect itself.
    Light as a feather, her slender hand lowered onto his. A charming smile on his dark, handsome face - the handsomest she had ever seen - and he touched her cheek.
    “Promise me,” she begged with breaking voice. “Promise me we will stay nearby so I can watch over my family and friends and see what will become of them.”
    “And you're mine,” she whispered with a slight sob which was soon chased away by a chaste kiss at her cheek. Whatever her noble father and his advisers said, Rósín could look beyond the foreigner's boastful demeanor and reputation as a ne'er-do-well. What he had revealed to her was a hard-working and caring but deeply desperate young man.
    Desperate to lose what others didn't even grant him in the first place. Desperate in the face of an uncertain future in an unknown land.
    And all along the way out of the village, the melody smoothly accompanied her steps. Guided her feet away from the hut she had used to think of as home. Into many lonely suns to come, toward her beloved and their late-born little son, the few people she would call hers from that moment on.
    Gently, the bell-like sounds spread over the veil of night, covering the peaceful village and future that laid ahead of the two young people who left for love.
    “Hard fate that I should banished be, gone way o'er hill and moor. Because I loved the fairest lad that ever yet was born...”
    mta3pz.png

Hmm... Great <3 But I didn't read the spoiler, I'll wait better ;)
  • Options

mta3pz.png

*sigh*
    Now I just want more. Can't wait until the chapter is complete!
  • Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    I loved that! OMG...I'm stoked
    So beautiful performed live, too <3
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options

<3 That's true, especially since the preview contains a rather huge part of the chapter already but if it was someone else's chapter I'd literally be incapable of waiting. @Bugsie2016 probably can't count on all the spoilers she's already told me :D And a few others can't, either.
    *sigh*
    Now I just want more. Can't wait until the chapter is complete!

Very sorry but at the moment, whenever I believe to have some time for writing or screenshotting some extra work appears on the scene :/ Wish I had more time for hobbies, or, actually anything :D
    I loved that! OMG...I'm stoked
    So beautiful performed live, too <3

Real Time gave concerts in my school twice and I was there each time. Once a friend and I did an interview with them, we were like 14 and the singer remembered us when we returned years later, in uni already. They're pretty funny but that was when they had me :D *I'm so manipulable*
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options

<3 That's true, especially since the preview contains a rather huge part of the chapter already but if it was someone else's chapter I'd literally be incapable of waiting. @Bugsie2016 probably can't count on all the spoilers she's already told me :D And a few others can't, either.
    It's true. Coonsy here knows the majority of my story's plot. I kept the interesting plot twists from her though!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    It's actually happening, we have a chapter today! :scream: Thank you for the patient wait!
    For those of you who liked the excursion to the Western lands that means bad news though, because this is the last time we will spend time there - the next will finally, finally return to our little tribe.
    But for now, please enjoy the last (half of a) chapter about Haimon's past here.

6jjzpt.png
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    Ah! How exciting.How Haimon got his name (and how I am assuming he ended up with the amazons) was not how I expected. It was very sneaky. The "curiosity is a wicked thing" line stood out the most. For the most part curiosity can have the person in question in a not so great situation. It certainly didn't end well for Haimon. They were looking for him specifically (or maybe a family member, maybe his father). That is interesting. Aed's funeral or the period where they come to visit his grave is very touching. It was beautifully done and told a showed a lot of emotion.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    For once, even I'm surprised there's a chapter! :lol:

Haimon's story is so sad. :'( So, the chief had him sold off as a slave when he found out about him spending time with his daughter. :bawling:
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    edited June 2018
    It's very well done as always... So much a bloody work, I am just amazed :astonished:<3
    I feel very sorry for Haimon. Perhaps if he knew Ogima, they would be both alive, two soul brothers :blush: But it's just a dream what will never come the truth... :(
    I find the chief is a traitor and he is really bad chief, if he can sell his people to the slavery :angry:
    Thanks for the new chapter what made my morning :blush:
  • Options
    HOLY GUACAMOLE A CHAPTER?! :scream:
    /runs off to read
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    Oh man, Haimon (can we even call him by his slave-name??); your story is a beautifully sad one :bawling:
    Love, betrayal (that little girl was hella cute tho)...maybe we've learned our lesson about plumming the Chief's daughter :grimace:
    A high price to pay for boom boom.

Loved the setup and immersion (what a beautiful song, again ;) ) so well staged and executed (too soon? O.o)
    Brava darling! <3
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    I loved that so much! Well worth the wait for the chapter update. Poor Haimon though. That was a horrible little twist and I can understand his anger and resentment towards his new life now. Not just a simple "I was free and now im not, boohoo, woe is me."
  • Options
    DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    Breath taking as always! :worried:
    Beautiful landscapes, atmospheric editing, great captures of the scenes <3

It's hard to believe that the world in sims could look as good as that. (Btw, clever use of the slave traders necklace, having it look like part of the cloak :O.)

Now we finally know why Aéd didn't like children.
    I wonder if we will see that girl again in the future? It kinda felt like you raised a flag there. :D.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Ah! How exciting.How Haimon got his name (and how I am assuming he ended up with the amazons) was not how I expected. It was very sneaky. The "curiosity is a wicked thing" line stood out the most. For the most part curiosity can have the person in question in a not so great situation. It certainly didn't end well for Haimon. They were looking for him specifically (or maybe a family member, maybe his father). That is interesting. Aed's funeral or the period where they come to visit his grave is very touching. It was beautifully done and told a showed a lot of emotion.

It may have been different than you expected but I'm not lying when claiming that your prediction was amazing! I loved every bit of it.
    So true, curiosity may have been Haimon's greatest weakness. :tired_face: Always seeking the thrill. That was what made him leave the sheep at all, and what let him stay with Penthesilea for so long that it was too late in the end. But after he'd survived some years, it became some kind of game and at some point he stopped taking the constant threat seriously. :persevere:
    They did indeed look for him specifically! Talking two languages isn't so common in that part of the Western lands since they're rather far from the border. It wasn't Haimon's father though because that guy had black hair (and was a lot older then):
    66ym4w.png
    For once, even I'm surprised there's a chapter! :lol:

Haimon's story is so sad. :'( So, the chief had him sold off as a slave when he found out about him spending time with his daughter. :bawling:

Ha! Gotcha! :D
    You put it all in a nutshell :bawling:
    It's very well done as always... So much a bloody work, I am just amazed :astonished:<3
    I feel very sorry for Haimon. Perhaps if he knew Ogima, they would be both alive, two soul brothers :blush: But it's just a dream what will never come the truth... :(
    I find the chief is a traitor and he is really bad chief, if he can sell his people to the slavery :angry:
    Thanks for the new chapter what made my morning :blush:

Oh man yeah getting all that blood onto the shirt :D Blood is a science for itself.
    Yes, Ogima <3 I felt so sorry for him back then. Whatever Ogima's people might believe in but in the Westerners' belief, there's an afterlife to which the dead are called by Nighean na h-Earrach, "Daughter Spring". Who knows, maybe they will meet in said afterlife? Anything's possible!
    That chief is disgusting. No idea how he managed to have two daughters as kind as his :unamused:
    Glad to have cheered you up today! <3
    HOLY GUACAMOLE A CHAPTER?! :scream:
    /runs off to read

Holy Guacamole! It's true :D
    Oh man, Haimon (can we even call him by his slave-name??); your story is a beautifully sad one :bawling:
    Love, betrayal (that little girl was hella cute tho)...maybe we've learned our lesson about plumming the Chief's daughter :grimace:
    A high price to pay for boom boom.

Loved the setup and immersion (what a beautiful song, again ;) ) so well staged and executed (too soon? O.o)
    Brava darling! <3

Well, he never comlained toward anyone when they called him that - not even Io or Protego. So everyone who does should be alright :D The new name was like a shield against slavery, y'know, like captivity couldn't reach him entirely as long as no one knew his real name. As Aéd the Sheepherder he was still free in some way, that was a part they couldn't ever take away.
    Mean little girl is way cuter on the outside than on the inside :bawling: So Haimon would have good reason to loathe Lyta and Phyllis (who "accidentally" have the same coloring... oops o:) )
    Yeah, I hope your own characters have learnt their lesson about chiefs' daughters. Maybe you could teach it in that lanugage school of yours, too :smirk:
    I loved that so much! Well worth the wait for the chapter update. Poor Haimon though. That was a horrible little twist and I can understand his anger and resentment towards his new life now. Not just a simple "I was free and now im not, boohoo, woe is me."

So happy you're saying it was worth the wait :# It's always between updating more often and getting it right. The struggle is real.
    That's a good point you make and how I'd see it, too! Although one could state he is to blame himself for that fate :D
    Damaro wrote: »
    Breath taking as always! :worried:
    Beautiful landscapes, atmospheric editing, great captures of the scenes <3

It's hard to believe that the world in sims could look as good as that. (Btw, clever use of the slave traders necklace, having it look like part of the cloak :O.)

Now we finally know why Aéd didn't like children.
    I wonder if we will see that girl again in the future? It kinda felt like you raised a flag there. :D.

Thank you so much! :) Goodness I can't count the hours I've spent on building that lot, it's so hilarious. But you never know how much of it you'll eventually capture with your shots :tired_face:
    Ahaha, you noticed the cloak-holding necklace. It bothered me too much that that thing was just floating around his shoulders :D Good eye ;)
    Yes, that's exactly the reason why he couldn't stand kids.
    Hm, I did raise some flag but not that one >:)
    Post edited by MrsRacooney on
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26