Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vacation Destinations

Is Granite Falls the only vacation destination rn? It'd be so cool to also have a beach vacation destination! But I love the mountains so that's cool too! Only thing I wish with the vacation spots is that they were more exclusive and you didn't see people from town randomly there. It'd be neat if they had their own locals but I'm not complaint just rambling. Btw, I am so happy Eco Living is going to be an actual thing! That's what I picked first!
71rbpi.png

Comments

• mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    First I would like to see a tropical beach destination, then a winter resort. So I guess I would also enjoy a Seasons pack. I never played TS2 or TS3, so the only thing I can compare this to is Vacations from TS1 and Sims Freeplay; which I enjoyed playing. I also enjoyed playing Outdoor Retreat. Now my Sims need a new place to take a vacation, with new challenges and new collectibles.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Yes, Granite Falls is the only vacation destination in the game as of right now.
    I don't mind other families from the normal towns being there, I mean they probably go on vacation too sometimes.

And yeah, a beach/tropical world would be fun. Maybe in another Game Pack ?Since they won't have to develop the travel system again, I imagine there'd also be more resources to work on other aspects of the destination.

I think Vacations should be allocated to an Expansion Pack so it can get more gameplay. An EP could flesh out houseboats,resorts,an alpine location with winter activities and so much more. With a Gamepack we'd only get the one location.
  • Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    I really want a tropical island vacation spot! Building sandcastles, sunbaking, digging for treasures in the sand, snorkeling. Pretty much everything we had in Sims 3! :)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I would love a tropical vacation world! My sims would be going away on vacation to GET AWAY from everybody else, so I wouldn't want to see the Goth's or Landgrabs following me. They are everywhere my sims go :s
    beautiful-tropical-islands-at-night.jpg
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited April 2017
    I would love a beach destination, with huts nearby. You could even go looking for fish in the depths of the sea or take your toddlers to make sandcastles. That sounds amazing to me.
  • geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    If Granite Falls is any indication of what vacation destinations are going to be like I dont want any. Went on vacation once found nothing to do but go home.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Yes, Granite Falls is the only vacation destination in the game as of right now.
    I don't mind other families from the normal towns being there, I mean they probably go on vacation too sometimes.

And yeah, a beach/tropical world would be fun. Maybe in another Game Pack ?Since they won't have to develop the travel system again, I imagine there'd also be more resources to work on other aspects of the destination.

I think Vacations should be allocated to an Expansion Pack so it can get more gameplay. An EP could flesh out houseboats,resorts,an alpine location with winter activities and so much more. With a Gamepack we'd only get the one location.

Huh, well considering Island Paradise was only one location and felt a bit bare bones when you compared it to University Life because it didn't add much content with replayability value....
    I think I'd like one big location more than multiple small ones in an EP.

Huh? IP was a big island, it brought boats, diving, mermaids, and plenty other neat stuff. How do you figure IP was bare bones? I used their stuff more than any other world. I rarely used University or even the stuff that came with it. But, that is my opinion, just wondering why you said it was bare bones?
  • HeatherRinskiHeatherRinski Posts: 32 Member
    tropical resort with lots of fun. some place like Egypt(like one of the older games) with collectables and adventure. Maybe france with food and romance being tops there.
  • littlearchitectlittlearchitect Posts: 277 Member
    Haha! I was about to make a thread about this the other day but didn't really do one. I feel kind of sorry for granite falls. :D Must be so lonely. What I want is a tropical beach, amusement park and winter destination before the end of TS4. I want to have at least 4 or 5 destinations with much rich gameplay.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon__gif___fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dayfe38.gif
  • MierinSedai21MierinSedai21 Posts: 14 New Member
    Oh man which sims was it where we got the mountain lodge, the beach, and the ski place? That was so fun! I wish we had that back. We already have the camping destination. I think we'd have to get seasons first maybe for these to work? idk. I loved the sims 3 pack that brought us egypt, china, and france! What about a destination that's like going to disney world? That would be a great place to take single or family sims!
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Tropical destinations and an alpine destination I think are no Brainers.
    The tropical pack should add back in snorkeling and diving and the alpine one should have snowboarding and skiing.
    I would also love a pack based in theme parks with things like circus attractions, Carnavle games, roller coasters and amusement park rides. This has always Been a large part of vacations for me and I just love the idea of a family going to the theme park.
  • YanbunYanbun Posts: 77 Member
    Oh man which sims was it where we got the mountain lodge, the beach, and the ski place? That was so fun! I wish we had that back. We already have the camping destination. I think we'd have to get seasons first maybe for these to work? idk. I loved the sims 3 pack that brought us egypt, china, and france! What about a destination that's like going to disney world? That would be a great place to take single or family sims!

I think you remembered Sims 1, because Sims 2 neither had have a ski vocation place.

Sims 1 vocation island with beach, forest and alpine section
    Sims 2 3 vocation worlds:beach, mountain and asian inspired
    Sims 3 3 vocation worlds: France, Egypt, China inspired worlds +island neighborhood
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    The tropical pack should add back in snorkeling and diving and the alpine one should have snowboarding and skiing.
    I would also love a pack based in theme parks with things like circus attractions, Carnavle games, roller coasters and amusement park rides. This has always Been a large part of vacations for me and I just love the idea of a family going to the theme park.

Yeah. that would be nice. Arcade stuff could also be added to this amusement park vocation place. I said so, in an other thread. I think many people would be happy about such an amusement pack. :)

Beside that I would e happy to get a beach location back. But please with some adventure! Honestly I had fun with all vocation packs(beside Granite Falls, it´s not interesting right now, so I didn´t bought), I am optimistic they will add something fine.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Yanbun wrote: »

I think you remembered Sims 1, because Sims 2 neither had have a ski vocation place.

Sims 1 vocation island with beach, forest and alpine section
    Sims 2 3 vocation worlds:beach, mountain and asian inspired
    Sims 3 3 vocation worlds: France, Egypt, China inspired worlds +island neighborhood
    BeJaWa wrote: »

Yeah. that would be nice. Arcade stuff could also be added to this amusement park vocation place. I said so, in an other thread. I think many people would be happy about such an amusement pack. :)

Beside that I would e happy to get a beach location back. But please with some adventure! Honestly I had fun with all vocation packs(beside Granite Falls, it´s not interesting right now, so I didn´t bought), I am optimistic they will add something fine.

I saw that :) and I think that would be sweet maybe mixing in some arcade stuff as well. An adventure pack would be wicked I know not everyone love world adventures but I was infatuated with going through the tombs and getting all the relics. I always thought it was a fun break or "vacation" from the main game play every once and a while. Plus adding in adventure could add more game play which I know some players out there feel is lacking.
  • carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    Yes! I would dearly love another vacation destination. I love sending my Sim families on vacation to Granite Falls (and I also send individual Sims if they're working on collections that you can't complete elsewhere). But I'd LOVE a beach vacation destination!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    I enjoy sending my sims camping every so often and I'd really like more vacation worlds that work similarly. If they can add hotels, that would be great. If not, I'd be happy with the cabin system (which could easily take the form of bungalows or beach houses for a beach world). The most important thing for me would be a beach/tropical vacation world. It would need to be a bit different from Granite Falls in the sense that I'd like there to be comminity lots so we could build a bar, restaurant, and spa. They could add activities like sunbathing, sandcastle building, combing the beach for seashells (new collectible), wading or swimming in the ocean, new fish to catch, tropical drinks and a pool bar, and surfing. I'd like stuff for both family vacations and romantic vacations.
  • isthisdavidisthisdavid Posts: 22 Member
    I've wanted to start this topic many times, but alas, my rank is too low.

Yes, I want to see more vacation destinations as well. A tropical one as others have suggested and a winter/skiing-type destination would both be at the top of my list. I think it's a shame they developed the idea of vacations and travel, but Granite Falls is still the only place we can go.
  • destine2growdestine2grow Posts: 14 New Member
    I would love to see a beach location, winter resort where they can go skiing. I also like being able to book the vacation. Also maybe another destination one that makes the sims more romantic.
  • TubbieHeadTubbieHead Posts: 48 Member
    All I want right now is another vacation game pack! I'm surprised they didn't release more yet. I love the idea of an amusement park with rollercoasters and stuff like that!
    But right now I really need a tropical resort type of thing, with beaches and hotels (that we can manage hopefully).
  • LilyCrossLilyCross Posts: 10 New Member
    I support the idea about a vacation in the tropics! And yet, it would be nice to go to a costume party in fabulous Venice!
  • RobynTylerRobynTyler Posts: 38 Member
    I would love to see Egypt come back to Sims 4 as a holiday destination. Even if it was exactly the same as the Sims 3 version. It was my all time favorite destination (and sims world). I hated that Sims 3 was so buggy because it meant not being able to visit the pyramids anymore :(
  • joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    1. Amusement Park vacation
    2. Beach vacation
    3. Hiking resort
    4. Skiing resort
    and more :)
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
  • carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    Ooh, an amusement park would be fun! I'm imagining all kinds of "thrill ride" moodlets (and occasional nausea from roller coasters)...
    6UGz4SO.jpg