Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

yo guys! Remember this? THE URBZ: SIMS IN THE CITY! I'm let's playing it :)

I don't hang out in the official video haven as much, so you might have not heard of me. I'm Mirta and I'm obsessed with all things old when it comes to The Sims games. I'm very actively let's playing a The Sims 2 legacy and right now I'm starting a The Urbz: Sims In The City playthrough! I also played The Sims Medieval, The Sims 2 PsP version (that was an RPG!) and The Sims 2 Castaway, but as all of the listed games had their own sub-categories on these forums, I opened my threads on my let's plays there.

So yeah, now that we have the introductions out of the way, I would love if you could give me them... Views and support my journey! I have no idea what I'm doing in the game and as some simmers have played these spin offs before, help is always greatly appreciated! Oh, almost forgot to mention - it's the gamecube version!

Alright, let's have fun :)

https://youtu.be/qJdjjrJyRfM

Comments

• Options
    teciatecia Posts: 164 Member
    Oh my gosh I use to love this game and it was actually the first sims game that I ever played.
    Hey Guys. My name is Couture Simmer and I have a Youtube channel with Sims 4 Speedbuilds, CAS Videos/Lookbook Fashion Shows and Lets Play Videos. I created the Sims 4 Hidden Princess Challenge which can be found on my youtube channel here

Origin ID: CoutureSimmer
    Simblr
    Twitter
  • Options
    xJDLKxxJDLKx Posts: 313 Member
    Will definitely check it out!! I'm playing bustin out on the ps2 atm aha love all of the console games and the sims 2 life stories!! Only recently discovered the psp version but it doesn't work very well :( it lags so much I can't get the social games into green did you ever have problems with it on psp?

Origin ID:Jessicaaa77
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    xJDLKx wrote: »
    Will definitely check it out!! I'm playing bustin out on the ps2 atm aha love all of the console games and the sims 2 life stories!! Only recently discovered the psp version but it doesn't work very well :( it lags so much I can't get the social games into green did you ever have problems with it on psp?

You mean The Sims 2 on PsP? I've never had any problems with it.
    I recorded it on a PsP emulator later and it worked just as well as my actual PsP version. Here's a playlist:

I suppose you can skip through parts, find the relative ones and compare to how your gameplay is going to see if anything is out of the ordinary?

If you can not get it to work well on original hardware, you can always try to emulate it on PC :)
  • Options
    Second part is up :)

I'm quite enjoying this game even though 2 hours of gameplay become like 15 minutes of condensed video due to repeatedly doing the same stuff over and over again. This time we explore Cozmo street :D

https://youtu.be/fG3ypUvlzsI
  • Options
    Wither1000Wither1000 Posts: 72 Member
    Oh my goodness! I remember playing this with my kids! Now I feel old....
  • Options
    Yo yo yo, Diamond Heights everyone! I do romantic things with a guy named Cash, try out a few new socials and get to level 2 on both Sushi making and Modeling! Huge amount of grinding cut out to make this easier to watch, hopefully you guys enjoy it :)

https://youtu.be/_Ap3YoAq4_M
  • Options
    ZakaryQuackZakaryQuack Posts: 59 Member
    Wow Urbz was my first game on Xbox. Different to the GameCube version though.
    yqhMsxf.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    South Side Briiiidge! Well... For the most part! We get to see fires and flip people off :D

https://youtu.be/Ovey-JFXPfo
  • Options
    We spend some time in Skyline Beach before moving on, I take a photo of the wrong guy, so now I don't know will I even be able to complete one of the quests :(

https://youtu.be/1WO2cx238iA
  • Options
    I go back and do a lot of the level 3 jobs. Once that is done, I go and flirt my way from Gasoline Row to Central Station :D

https://youtu.be/srzUNmPSL-c
  • Options
    We hang out in the Central Station until we can move on to Kicktail Park!

https://youtu.be/9pE5xwaPdJE
  • Options
    We reach the Foundry and after defeating the villain there I find out that I'll need to backtrack all the way back >_<

https://youtu.be/t2loi6A7QuY
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited May 2017
    HOW COULD ANYONE FORGET THE URBZ?! xD

I actually 100%ed it again yesterday, and it was totally worth it! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Wow Urbz was my first game on Xbox. Different to the GameCube version though.
    @ZakaryQuack I've played the GameCube AND Xbox versions, and I'm pretty sure they're both virtually identical, barring the controls and a few little unlockables, I believe? I can't remember too well though; it's been a while since I played it on the GameCube! xD
  • Options
    This is it! The last part! I spend 1.5 hours chasing the rest of the baddies (I heavily edited it by the way, so you only see it when I actually do the power social on the baddie) and now we have the best penthouse in the whole of the neighbourhood!

https://youtu.be/vSX4EP0vMkk

my next side let's play will be not sims related (Final Fantasy 14), so if you will want to join me on that journey, you can subscribe to me on youtube ^_^ otherwise I will still be doing The Sims 2 on the weekends, so if you're interested in that, I hope to see you there!
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Hmm...

This Twitter might be of interest to those of you Urbz lovers then? Right @keylimepiesims?

www.twitter.com/urbzreboot
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Watching the first playthru. Love your personality :joy:

Ahhh.. the music in this game & the UI! <3:weary:<3 So much good memories!
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Gah, this games aesthetic is everything I live for <3:weary:<3
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    It's a wonderful game for it's time. I really wish my Sims 4 to have such clothes. That would be so awesome.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Aww Ubrz, had some really great times with that game even though I preferred Busting Out, personally. Still, they were both really, really fun to play, it'd be cool if they released more stuff for consoles again in the future =)
  • Options
    StarryMightStarryMight Posts: 98 Member
    Didn't watch the vids (I should, though!), but I played the Xbox version of it over ten years ago...*VERY* cool and underrated spinoff (with great music, to boot)! ^_^

> @DarkSuperNinja said:
    > ZakaryQuack wrote: »
    > @ZakaryQuack I've played the GameCube AND Xbox versions, and I'm pretty sure they're both virtually identical, barring the controls and a few little unlockables, I believe? I can't remember too well though; it's been a while since I played it on the GameCube! xD

I have the official strategy guide. IIRC, Xbox has HD resolution support, GameCube has a special armoire(sp?) with clothes that lets male Urbz dress like Darius and female Urbz dress like Roxana(sp?) Moxie from the handheld versions (which I never played), and PS2 has EyeToy camera support for the billboards.
    ~*~ Star light, star bright, I am StarryMight! ~*~
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I loved this!!! I played this all the time on my old ps2 and same with sims bustin out!!
  • Options
    Didn't watch the vids (I should, though!), but I played the Xbox version of it over ten years ago...*VERY* cool and underrated spinoff (with great music, to boot)! ^_^

> @DarkSuperNinja said:
    > ZakaryQuack wrote: »
    > @ZakaryQuack I've played the GameCube AND Xbox versions, and I'm pretty sure they're both virtually identical, barring the controls and a few little unlockables, I believe? I can't remember too well though; it's been a while since I played it on the GameCube! xD

I have the official strategy guide. IIRC, Xbox has HD resolution support, GameCube has a special armoire(sp?) with clothes that lets male Urbz dress like Darius and female Urbz dress like Roxana(sp?) Moxie from the handheld versions (which I never played), and PS2 has EyeToy camera support for the billboards.

@StarryMight I thought so! I remembered having the extra outfits in the GameCube version, but our GameCube didn't have a memory card, so we had to beat the game in one sitting if we wanted to play it (hence us buying the Xbox version later)! xD
  • Options
    bunnniiibunnniii Posts: 3 New Member
    Okay, so believe it or not, I'm taking CAD classes this coming school year and my senior year, and this is one of the games that influenced me to do so. This game holds so much meaning to me lol. When I was around 8, my PlayStation 2 broke. I used that to play Urbz. I loved the customization and the atmosphere (I've always loved the look of cities and urban things). So, I was pretty much devastated. I cried for about a week. (Not only did I use it for this game, but for many other sims games. I mean, sims and GTA are what got me into gaming when I was younger. These games shaped me. Anways, skip to when I was twelve. Somehow, I found a PlayStation 2 at a garage sale. I was so excited to have one that I bought it for $25 without looking at it much. I immediately went to gamestop and picked up a copy of the Urbz. I get home and take a look at it, and it is broken. Again, another heartbreak. So I VOWED to save up the $50 it costs to buy one from GameStop. And then finally, I did. And that day was the best day of my life. I finally hooked it up to my really awful, old TV. I finished the game in about a week or less because I couldn't be pulled away from it. I looked at this game and I told myself that if I ever had the chance, I would most definitely work on Urbz 2. This game made me feel like I was meant to create games or something XD

Needless to say, it's pretty important to me.