Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sports stuff pack", for real?

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    The sports pack is nothing but stuff we already have in game but with a new coat of paint.

We haven't seen the new gameplay object(s) yet. They never show those in the quarterly teasers.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited May 2017
    The sports pack is nothing but stuff we already have in game but with a new coat of paint.

We haven't seen the new gameplay object(s) yet. They never show those in the quarterly teasers.

They definitely showed us bowling :p
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

They definitely showed us bowling :p

Well, not the gameplay object ;)

We saw the icon, the bowling rack so it was fairly easy to guess, but the bowling lane wasn't there
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I quite like the idea of this Fitness pack, I usually have a bunch of active sims in my saves so more stuff for them to do (or wear while they're doing it) would always be great... :tongue:
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Pretty much all my sims are fit (even my pic is of a jogging sim :D ) so I'll definitely find this pack useful.

I'm not sure but I think the female on the treadmill in the teaser has a new hairstyle?

• Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I would love an exercise bike. Plus if they add an exercise bike then the cycling animations are already there for them to add actually bikes like they had in the sims 3 if we ever get transport like cars etc.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I'm pretty sure that treadmill with the screen built on is new.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Or it's the return of the obstacle course...

screen13.jpg

Sigh... remember when career rewards were new and unique objects that enhanced your gameplay?
  • TsukihasbeenhereTsukihasbeenhere Posts: 46 Member
    What new objects do you guys think there will be?
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    There are tons of things that Fitness could involve. Gym equipment hasn't had an update since Spa Day. It's just hard to know what's coming. Stuff packs can be very useful, or they can be terrible. Most of the time they help to put in objects that the GP and EP guys don't have room for. Of all the packs we didn't ask for, Bowling must have come top of the list.

Still, more athletic clothes would be great.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    I thought the treadmill with he TV looking thing attached wasn't that bad looking, though. Would still need more information before I know what to really think about it.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,177 Member
    edited May 2017
    Sadly we won't get Street Workout / Calisthenics or Free Running

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    "Fitness" themed stuff pack...
    I hope I am proven wrong on all counts but I can't help going to this dark place...

1. Another treadmill
    2. Another weight bench
    3. Another bar w/ bar stools [Probably disguised as a smoothie bar or something "health" oriented]
    4. Another chair [Because when have they not added another chair]
    5. Female: 5 new athletic-look hairstyles
    6. Female: 50 skin tight, everything hanging out, spandex atrocities
    7. Males: 1 headband / hat accessory
    8. Males: Probably more cropped pants since apparently they're all the rage with every man I've never seen in my life...
    9. Some version of a bathroom set
    10. A new piece of gym equipment, with new animations, that has no extra functionality beyond raising athletic skill

Def a nightmare :s . I hope you are wrong. It is nice to have a version or two, but how many bars do you need? And fitness stays away from bars, because there is nothing healthy about it.

dumbells, fitness flyer, stationary bike, stepper, & chin up bar would be my top picks with a water fountain. I really hope we get these or at least two of them. :)<3;)

4. Another chair [Because when have they not added another chair] :D
    8. Males: Probably more cropped pants since apparently they're all the rage with every man I've never seen in my life... :D
    I despise the men's cropped pants and also as you have said, I haven't noticed men wearing them and I don't put them on my sims. :/
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Urg the crop things for men...
    21mbz47.jpg
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm just waiting to see if they at least add new objects such as a chin-up bar or a bench press bench, or if they give us a new style of treadmill.

I could see some people appreciating things like a chin up bar or a bench press bench since that provides a little more variety for gym stuff, but if it's just treadmill recolors then go home SP team, you're drunk.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Wow...um. Gym stuff. Screw the fact that people have been asking for more build mode stuff for ages, no lets give them a new treadmill and work out outfit, lol.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I wish it WAS sports stuff
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Wow...um. Gym stuff. Screw the fact that people have been asking for more build mode stuff for ages, no lets give them a new treadmill and work out outfit, lol.

It's coming with a rock climbing wall plus possibly another gameplay object.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Awwww, you got my hopes up! :frowning:

I will hope for a future Sports GP instead, I guess....
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    We've never had a rock climbing thing.It wasn't in my game anyway.Unless it was a store thing I didn't buy store items when it was open
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • honeyboomhoneyboom Posts: 243 Member
    i think it'd be cool if they had a pole like in sims 3 but the pole dancing kind.
    more dance stuff in general would be awesome.
    "every star may be a sun to someone"-carl sagan
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    EpicSims wrote: »
    I just saw the new teaser and the next SP looks like it's about fitness and sports. So is it really "Sports pack"??
    I strongly hope so.

I have been so LONGING for Sports items!!!

I really really hope it is really Sports pack, and these thing will be included in the pack.
    - a pool table
    - soccer field
    - baseball field
    - ice rink
    - table tennis
    - tennis court
    - trampolin
    - skateboard and half pipe
    - badminton court
    - archery
    - volley ball
    - running track
    - beach volley ball
    - golf course

To me, this is what should be in a sports stuff pack. But, alas, The Sims 4 actually needed a high tech wall-climbing treadmill.

• KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    I thought we were getting a eco friendly pack or something.Isn't that what won but then again they usually put out to SPs back to back or close together or something.Unless the Eco Friendly one is a GP
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    [quote="KeyserFn;c-15832263"]I thought we were getting a eco friendly pack or something.Isn't that what won but then again they usually put out to SPs back to back or close together or something.Unless the Eco Friendly one is a GP[/quote]

Eco Living is coming in spring they still need to decide on the gameplay object