Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sports stuff pack", for real?

Comments

• SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Ah, I mean, i'm honestly not too excited for this. I was expecting a GP & EP since i'm kinda tired of the SP's, mostly because they only obtain one or two gameplay elements, but it's whatever I guess. Maybe the Generations type GP will be kinda fun. I don't know enough yet to judge it.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I'm curious what the gameplay object will be, but most likely this SP will fall into the "buy mostly for the CAS/Buy assets" category for me, unless the gameplay object is also available for children.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I will be interested if the object was like the ballet barre but I think that's a long shot!
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    How EA/Maxis produce any packs and what they may consist of has changed with this iteration, so what one may have expected in the last two versions is not the same for Sims 4. I already accepted that Sims 4 will not reach that potential I want to see and will possibly not have the features to expand my creativity to the max.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I'm glad you're all happy, but this pack is very underwhelming for me. Unless there's an ice rink, I'll probably not be buying it.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    I think that a new treadmill wouldn't be the "new gameplay object" in the Fitness SP... unless it comes with additional features/options. Personally I'd like to see an exercise bike. Have you noticed in the whim to go jogging, there's an icon of an exercise bike - but there is no exercise bike in the game?

They use that icon for "buy a piece of fitness equipment" as well. I'd also like an exercise bike -- more fitness related decor (maybe a weight rack similar to the ball rack for Bowling) would make a nice touch. My gyms could use a bit of a makeover, and I usually try to add a home gym when my Sims have earned enough money for one, especially if I have Sims in the Athletic career or any other career where you need to spend a lot of time on Fitness skill.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • strangeseraphstrangeseraph Posts: 369 Member
    Yay, a sports stuff pack! This is great!!!! But if you want bowling, you have to buy that separately. I can live without bowling. They should have put it all in one pack. Nobody is going to buy bowling over this.
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited April 2017
    Yay, a sports stuff pack! This is great!!!! But if you want bowling, you have to buy that separately. I can live without bowling. They should have put it all in one pack. Nobody is going to buy bowling over this.

Fitness is not sports. Fitness has to do with getting in shape--jogging, running, Pilates, aerobics, etc. Sports is about competing in or playing games that require athletic ability. From the looks of it, it sounds like players will be getting fitness equipment and activities in this new SP, not anything having to do with sports.

I'm kind of shocked that they went with this theme because between sports and fitness, it's sports that has been the most requested next to the farm EP. I don't remember players requesting fitness except to ask for the exercise TV station back. If you're like me and want a sports pack, show your support or contribute your ideas here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889496/sports-themed-ep-or-gp.

Also, I'm inviting anyone to check out this new list I created of ideas that have been pitched over the years. I'm getting a strange vibe now that the vocal and most persistent minority are getting listened to over everyone else: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916676/the-ultimate-list-of-ts4-player-requests-pitches-and-suggestions
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited April 2017
    Triplis wrote: »
    Fitness themed according to Graham:

Granted, the word "fitness" is pretty broad.

It's not broad at all. Fitness exclusively has to do with activities revolved around getting in shape, like jogging, jumping jacks, weights, aerobics, Pilates, jump roping, etc. Of course, people can do all kinds of other activities to get in shape (dancing, sports, etc.) but fitness itself specifically has to do with working out.
    EiFlric.png
    ts1depot wrote: »

Fitness is not sports. Fitness has to do with getting in shape--jogging, running, Pilates, aerobics, etc. Sports is about competing in or playing games that require athletic ability. From the looks of it, it sounds like players will be getting fitness equipment and activities in this new SP, not anything having to do with sports.

I'm kind of shocked that they went with this theme because between sports and fitness, it's sports that has been the most requested next to the farm EP. I don't remember players requesting fitness except to ask for the exercise TV station back. If you're like me and want a sports pack, show your support or contribute your ideas here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889496/sports-themed-ep-or-gp.

Also, I'm inviting anyone to check out this new list I created of ideas that have been pitched over the years. I'm getting a strange vibe now that the vocal and most persistent minority are getting listened to over everyone else: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916676/the-ultimate-list-of-ts4-player-requests-pitches-and-suggestions

Sports would not fit into an SP, unless it was a single sport like....wait for it...BOWLING. To get multiple sports you'd need at least a GP.

Base game gyms and home gyms could use a makeover -- I've added yoga to some of the gyms with Spa Day, and built a basketball court in the basement of the gym in Windenburg after CL came out, but for those who don't have extra packs some new equipment and decor would be nice. Maybe an exercise bike or elliptical as another workout option, and decor like a free weight rack or towel shelf. They could even add or patch in the ability to workout with the TV or stereo like in Sims 3 (there could be a mat similar to the dance floor in GT that has a "Work Out Together" option). If Pets is coming out as rumored this fall, more workout clothes would be nice; you could throw on your workout outfit before taking your dog out for a walk in the morning.
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    I'd be stoked if this pack introduced skateboarding.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    I think it will mostly be things to give the gyms home and venues a facelift. If they add a weights for decor, I hope they add a bench press thing ( not sure of the exact name but I'm sure u know what I'm talking about. An exercise bike would be good too so would an elliptical.

I bet I know one thing they will add tho. . . surprise! a bar!
    Lol :D
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I was imagining a pack with uneven bars, parallel bars, an equipment horse, rings, balance beam, that sort of thing but of course, I am probably way off base.
    I think it will mostly be things to give the gyms home and venues a facelift. If they add a weights for decor, I hope they add a bench press thing ( not sure of the exact name but I'm sure u know what I'm talking about. An exercise bike would be good too so would an elliptical.

I bet I know one thing they will add tho. . . surprise! a bar!
    Lol :D

Different type of bar, but I'd like to see a ballet barre added in that can be used by children, teens and adults.
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Not sure if it consider a sport but I really need those pool table in my bar and I'm expecting more fitness equipment would be introduce in this pack.

The Sims Game
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Hey maybe Sims could play an electronica radio station to do their exercise
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Different type of bar, but I'd like to see a ballet barre added in that can be used by children, teens and adults.

I'd like that too.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I would love to see the rock climbing wall and soccer added to the fitness sp. I've already mentioned this to Graham.

I would love a rock climbing wall! Keeping my fingers crossed for that and archery :)
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited April 2017
    TS3 Town life stuff is back :) !!!

screen25.jpg

I hope the sleeveless hoodie is an upper clothing instead of an outfit.

screen26.jpg

• Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I'd kill for new outdoor activities but I don't think that would happen.

Hopefully one day I can have my skate halfpipe, rollerblade & beach volleyball. One day...
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »
    Triplis wrote: »
    Fitness themed according to Graham:

Granted, the word "fitness" is pretty broad.

It's not broad at all. Fitness exclusively has to do with activities revolved around getting in shape, like jogging, jumping jacks, weights, aerobics, Pilates, jump roping, etc. Of course, people can do all kinds of other activities to get in shape (dancing, sports, etc.) but fitness itself specifically has to do with working out.
    You just described yourself why it is broad.

There are a lot of activities that can keep you in shape that aren't strictly speaking for fitness, but still keep you fit.

Now the fact that the teaser showed a treadmill and Graham said fitness means it'll probably center around something that is specifically about keeping you in shape and for little else. But my point still stands.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    i want an ice rink but maybe that'll show up in seasons
  • EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    doedear wrote: »
    i want an ice rink but maybe that'll show up in seasons

Or, may be not...
    Who knows what developers will put in the season pack?
    Or what if they don't even make a season themed pack?

I guess I have become too pessimistic about the direction the company is going into..

Let's just hope for the best.
  • angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member

"Fitness" themed stuff pack...
    I hope I am proven wrong on all counts but I can't help going to this dark place...

1. Another treadmill
    2. Another weight bench
    3. Another bar w/ bar stools [Probably disguised as a smoothie bar or something "health" oriented]
    4. Another chair [Because when have they not added another chair]
    5. Female: 5 new athletic-look hairstyles
    6. Female: 50 skin tight, everything hanging out, spandex atrocities
    7. Males: 1 headband / hat accessory
    8. Males: Probably more cropped pants since apparently they're all the rage with every man I've never seen in my life...
    9. Some version of a bathroom set
    10. A new piece of gym equipment, with new animations, that has no extra functionality beyond raising athletic skill
  • EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    "Fitness" themed stuff pack...
    I hope I am proven wrong on all counts but I can't help going to this dark place...

1. Another treadmill
    2. Another weight bench
    3. Another bar w/ bar stools [Probably disguised as a smoothie bar or something "health" oriented]
    4. Another chair [Because when have they not added another chair]
    5. Female: 5 new athletic-look hairstyles
    6. Female: 50 skin tight, everything hanging out, spandex atrocities
    7. Males: 1 headband / hat accessory
    8. Males: Probably more cropped pants since apparently they're all the rage with every man I've never seen in my life...
    9. Some version of a bathroom set
    10. A new piece of gym equipment, with new animations, that has no extra functionality beyond raising athletic skill

LMAO!!
    You've got a keen insight there :)
    Seriously when would they stop making tables and chairs?