Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's start discussing the Family Gamepack

12345679...Next

Comments

• professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    I miss watching my sims jump up and down on furniture and whacking each other with pillows
  • MgalbMgalb Posts: 62 Member
    [quote="catloverplayer;c-15775218"][quote="sunman502;c-15774341"]The sims also had a helicopter for private use in 2 as well. The helicopter came in the Mansion & Garden Stuff Pack.[/quote]

I thought the helicopter came in Apartment Life.[/quote]

I thought it was base game content in 2. It's in the opening cinematic.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    shawnw1970 wrote: »
    they can't have cars people to many load screens it would be so plum and pointless there will never be cars in sims 4 like we had in sims 3 if they don't have horses I don't want pets and it sounds like just cats and dogs Boring. Would rather have seasons Snow, Rain, Tornadoes typhoons thunder storms like in the old sim city games.

Cars are so easy to make! We could drive to district borders and park on the street

We also had streets in those older versions. Not all of our worlds have streets that cars can be driven on, Windenburg and Granite Falls for example. Those worlds were done that way because they decided that cars would never be a part of S4. We have no transportation what so ever. No cars, no trams, no taxis, no buses, no bicycles and now, maybe, no horses.

Sims 2 had a closed world as well and we still got Cars then

No roads in all neighborhoods. Why would they give us something that can only be used in some worlds? What happens if your sim gets in their car and goes somewhere in Windenburg? Do they arrive without their car? Is it parked in their backpack? How do they drive home with no car to get into?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    shawnw1970 wrote: »
    they can't have cars people to many load screens it would be so plum and pointless there will never be cars in sims 4 like we had in sims 3 if they don't have horses I don't want pets and it sounds like just cats and dogs Boring. Would rather have seasons Snow, Rain, Tornadoes typhoons thunder storms like in the old sim city games.

Cars are so easy to make! We could drive to district borders and park on the street

We also had streets in those older versions. Not all of our worlds have streets that cars can be driven on, Windenburg and Granite Falls for example. Those worlds were done that way because they decided that cars would never be a part of S4. We have no transportation what so ever. No cars, no trams, no taxis, no buses, no bicycles and now, maybe, no horses.

Sims 2 had a closed world as well and we still got Cars then

No roads in all neighborhoods. Why would they give us something that can only be used in some worlds? What happens if your sim gets in their car and goes somewhere in Windenburg? Do they arrive without their car? Is it parked in their backpack? How do they drive home with no car to get into?

How did Sims 2 have CARS then drive on roads that were SIMLIAR?
    6adMCGP.gif
    Sims 2 and 3 were set up from the start with roads programed and mapped for cars. It was part of the base game. S4 is not programed with mapped roads and cars, so you just can't reprogram the entire game so a few people can see their sim get in a car and disappear. And, IMO, continuing to post about it is a waste of time when there are so many other things that could be added to make the game fun. Cars, with te exception of the fixer upper, were really just a silly waste of time. Now our sims travel from inside the house at the very place they are standing and appear at their destination.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2017
    sunman502 wrote: »
    The sims also had a helicopter for private use in 2 as well. The helicopter came in the Mansion & Garden Stuff Pack.

I thought the helicopter came in Apartment Life.
    I still have a disc copy of Sims 2: Mansion & Garden Stuff so I can check. But I'm pretty sure that the helicopter came in Mansion & Garden Stuff. I remember very clearly playing with Mansion & Garden Stuff, and sending Cathy and Matt places in that helicopter in Sims 2. In fact I still have visions of their helicopter and heli pad on the roof of their mansion.
    I had just checked Apartments, Mansion & Garden Stuff, Glamour Life Stuff, and even Bon Voyage. And the helicopter doesn't appear on any of those cases. Not even in the little booklet that came with those game discs. So now I don't remember where that helicopter came from. But I do remember it being in Sims 2. What featured interactive objects that came in Apartments was the spell book, and broomstick. That helicopter might have been a Sims 2: DLC Content.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    The military family in Sims 2, the Grunts, had the helicopter pick up the dad and drop him off for work.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    That reminds me that I really miss the military career! It was a great career for super strict dad's and gave a lot of unique story options (Like they did with the Grunts)
    edited May 2017
    rudolpha wrote: »
    The military family in Sims 2, the Grunts, had the helicopter pick up the dad and drop him off for work.
    I remember the Grunts. But I don't remember their names or what world they lived in. I want to say that the Grunts are townies from Strangeville. But I'm not so certain if they had lived in that world or not.
    ETA: Parenthood is a Game Pack which could have a some new families in it. So now I'm wondering if the Grunts are back. They would fit right into Parenthood very nicely since a military family can be very heavy in parenting. This I know from personal experience because I come from a military family IRL.
  • BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    The helicopter was in the sims 2 base game. I remember clearly that i had it before the apartment ep - and i never owned a sims 2 stuff pack.
    HV83B28.png
    Bambooram wrote: »
    The helicopter was in the sims 2 base game. I remember clearly that i had it before the apartment ep - and i never owned a sims 2 stuff pack.
    I had never thought to check that. Thanks for reminding me about that. :)
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    The Grunts lived in Strangetown in the desert.
    rudolpha wrote: »
    The Grunts lived in Strangetown in the desert.
    That was the town that I was thinking that the Grunts lived in. Thank you for sharing that rudolpha. :)
    I may remake the Grunts. I liked that the brothers didn't get along.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    All the talking about the Grunts just made me really miss the military career from the Sims 2 days... I liked the story they had included there, I might recreate the family and add a plot of my own, we shall see when I've got the new GP in my hands. Only a few more days now!
    I may remake the Grunts. I liked that the brothers didn't get along.
    Sounds like a family that would fit very nicely in Sims 4 to me. And also one that sounds really fun to play in Sims 4 as well.:)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2017
    The sims also had a helicopter for private use in 2 as well. The helicopter came in the Mansion & Garden Stuff Pack.

I still have a disc copy of Sims 2: Mansion & Garden Stuff so I can check. But I'm pretty sure that the helicopter came in Mansion & Garden Stuff. I remember very clearly playing with Mansion & Garden Stuff, and sending Cathy and Matt places in that helicopter in Sims 2. In fact I still have visions of their helicopter and heli pad on the roof of their mansion.
    I had just checked Apartments, Mansion & Garden Stuff, Glamour Life Stuff, and even Bon Voyage. And the helicopter doesn't appear on any of those cases. Not even in the little booklet that came with those game discs. So now I don't remember where that helicopter came from. But I do remember it being in Sims 2. What featured interactive objects that came in Apartments was the spell book, and broomstick. That helicopter might have been a Sims 2: DLC Content.

No, the helicopter is in base game. Military and business careers. One for the CEO or head of company get the helicopter car pool and so do the head of military career. (ETA: AL adds a landing pad)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited May 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »

No, the helicopter is in base game. Military and business careers. One for the CEO or head of company get the helicopter car pool and so do the head of military career. (ETA: AL adds a landing pad)
    Another Simmer has already reminded me that the helicopter came in the base game. But thank you for reminding me anyways. :)
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    IIRC TS2 base game had carpool helicopters but Apartment Life introduced ones Sims could own. :)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Another Simmer has already reminded me that the helicopter came in the base game. But thank you for reminding me anyways. :)

Sorry, but I'm having all sorts of problems today with my connection and things aren't loading my responses and loading pages etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited May 2017

Sorry, but I'm having all sorts of problems today with my connection and things aren't loading my responses and loading pages etc.
    Oh it's okay Cinebar, we all have our off days from time to time. ;)
    ETA: In fact I too have been experiencing some minor connection hick-ups today.