Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's start discussing the Family Gamepack

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited May 2017
    Anyone think this pack may add In bed animations eg relax?

I don't see how bed animations can be considered "family" interactions. That seems more for a romantic pack than a family one.
    blow nose in bed would be nice

Can sims blow their nose standing up? Why in bed?
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I think the new craft table may be for toddlers. And it looks as if we can hang their finger paintings on the cloud board.

Yes but I try to saw, but I think it's not the good height for toddlers, maybe I'm wrong. Let's hope it's wrong. ^^

I zoomed in for a closer look, and the art table is definitely not the same as the one in-game, so it's probably for toddlers. Also, the teen is not doing homework (the teen book is fairly thick), so my guess is that she's writing in a journal on that table.

I think it's for toddlers for two reasons:

1) We already have one for kids and recreating an object we already have when they could just add toddlers to the kids object, seems like a waste of time, effort and space for something else to be added.

2) If you look at the chair and it's legs, they seem squatty like for a toddler to crawl up on to.
    sunman502 wrote: »
    We have a forest ranger, and adult sim in a bear costume. Now all we need is a child size bear costume, and a picanic basket. And we'll have a Yogi Bear cartoon in the game. :D

We have a child's bear costume. It comes in brown, polar and panda colors. I have a family of "bears" (they always wear their costumes, even when swimming) based on Yogi (daddy), Cindy (mommy) and Booboo (their son). It's funny to see them show up in places just like humans do. So, a pic-a-nic basket would be very welcome, especially if my bears could go to the park and "join" a family on a picnic and eat their food.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Elder interactions between them and the Toddlers/Children, as some people already commented, would be absolutely amazing!
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member

I don't see how bed animations can be considered "family" interactions. That seems more for a romantic pack than a family one.

I think the new craft table may be for toddlers. And it looks as if we can hang their finger paintings on the cloud board.

Yes but I try to saw, but I think it's not the good height for toddlers, maybe I'm wrong. Let's hope it's wrong. ^^

I zoomed in for a closer look, and the art table is definitely not the same as the one in-game, so it's probably for toddlers. Also, the teen is not doing homework (the teen book is fairly thick), so my guess is that she's writing in a journal on that table.

1) We already have one for kids and recreating an object we already have when they could just add toddlers to the kids object, seems like a waste of time, effort and space for something else to be added.

2) If you look at the chair and it's legs, they seem squatty like for a toddler to crawl up on to.
    We have a forest ranger, and adult sim in a bear costume. Now all we need is a child size bear costume, and a picanic basket. And we'll have a Yogi Bear cartoon in the game. :D

We have a child's bear costume. It comes in brown, polar and panda colors. I have a family of "bears" (they always wear their costumes, even when swimming) based on Yogi (daddy), Cindy (mommy) and Booboo (their son). It's funny to see them show up in places just like humans do. So, a pic-a-nic basket would be very welcome, especially if my bears could go to the park and "join" a family on a picnic and eat their food.
    I usually don't pay much attention to the children's outfits in the game. So that's why I thought that there was no child size brown bear costume in the game. In that case then all we need is the picnic basket. :)
  • Options

I usually don't pay much attention to the children's outfits in the game. So that's why I thought that there was no child size brown bear costume in the game. In that case then all we need is the picnic basket. :)

Yes, my brother! We need a pic-a-nic basket!!!
  • Options

It would be nice to have a pic-a-nic basket, and one that the sims could actually use in the game.
    Now this pic-a-nic basket has got me wondering what all can sims pull from that basket as far as food goes. :)
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    We'll need some "Don't feed the bears" signs too!
  • Options
    We'll need some "Don't feed the bears" signs too!
    Particularly Yogi, Cindy, or Booboo bear. :D
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I mentioned this on twitter today. I just hope they can pull it off because the sit down animations for the picnic basket are on the ground.
  • Options

Children can already wear bear costumes unless you mean toddlers.
  • Options

Children can already wear bear costumes unless you mean toddlers.
    That's what Dannydanbo was telling me. And like I had explained to Dannydanbo, I don't pay much attention to what outfits or costumes that the children have in the game. Which is why I didn't think that kids had their own bear suit in the game. :)
  • Options

I mentioned this on twitter today. I just hope they can pull it off because the sit down animations for the picnic basket are on the ground.
    The sims can already kneel on the ground in the game. So I'm pretty sure that they can pull this off with the sims sitting on the ground. The toddlers can already sit on the ground in the game. They do this when they are playing with the blocks. We may not get usable picnic baskets in Family. But hopefully we will. Since the GP is called Family, and is focus around the family in some form or another.
  • Options
    I would be happy if it was placed on a pic-a-nic table like a family serving of hotdogs, as long as everyone could pull from it. However, I would prefer it on the ground on a blanket. Also, I would like different types of baskets. One with food like hotdogs, one with food like fried chicken, one with sandwiches and one with romantic food for a romantic date with wine or champagne with a vase with one rose in it and maybe a single lit candle.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I took a closer look at the stuff below the toddler drawing table in the teaser. I don't think it's all just clutter. The softball is separate, not part of a sporting gear clutter. Also, there's a one-eyed yellow creature that might be some sort of toy.
  • Options
    I took a closer look at the stuff below the toddler drawing table in the teaser. I don't think it's all just clutter. The softball is separate, not part of a sporting gear clutter. Also, there's a one-eyed yellow creature that might be some sort of toy.
    Softball hu? I wonder if this means that playing catch out in the yard is returning to the game. I miss doing that with my sims kids in the game. And I would definitely be picking up this GP if playing catch out in the yard is going to be in it. :)
  • Options
    I hope that it has some school gameplay and teens can pass love letters. I hope you get a pop up saying Do you like me? Check yes or no.
  • Options
    nity01nity01 Posts: 88 Member
    I hope that it has some school gameplay and teens can pass love letters. I hope you get a pop up saying Do you like me? Check yes or no.

I love that idea! How cute would that be? :smiley:
    I make maxis match CC! Check out my blog here, if you like ----> https://anessasims.tumblr.com/ <3
  • Options
    AbigalFlynnTheSimAbigalFlynnTheSim Posts: 16 Member
    I hope it includes more stuff for Toddlers, Kids and Teens. Stuff like sleepovers, proms and more play equipment/climbing frames would be cool.
  • Options
    shawnw1970shawnw1970 Posts: 2 New Member
    they can't have cars people to many load screens it would be so stupid and pointless there will never be cars in sims 4 like we had in sims 3 if they don't have horses I don't want pets and it sounds like just cats and dogs Boring. Would rather have seasons Snow, Rain, Tornadoes typhoons thunder storms like in the old sim city games.
  • Options
    AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    shawnw1970 wrote: »
    they can't have cars people to many load screens it would be so plum and pointless there will never be cars in sims 4 like we had in sims 3 if they don't have horses I don't want pets and it sounds like just cats and dogs Boring. Would rather have seasons Snow, Rain, Tornadoes typhoons thunder storms like in the old sim city games.

Cars are so easy to make! We could drive to district borders and park on the street
  • Options
    they can't have cars people to many load screens it would be so plum and pointless there will never be cars in sims 4 like we had in sims 3 if they don't have horses I don't want pets and it sounds like just cats and dogs Boring. Would rather have seasons Snow, Rain, Tornadoes typhoons thunder storms like in the old sim city games.

Ts2 had loading screens and still has cars.
  • Options
    The sims also had a helicopter for private use in 2 as well. The helicopter came in the Mansion & Garden Stuff Pack.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I've started on a new game getting ready for parenthood. I've created a Giles family of 8 adults, 4 female , 4 males and parted them all by giving them all my own family friendly houses so that they can get started on their own lives and families. Most of them in Newcrest. I've deleted every other Sim I can find in all the worlds as well.

I've also downloaded all my premade families to fill up the whole of Willow Creek and start a few romantic stories between my adult family and the unmarried (or married) Sims in them.

I've already found my premade Sims turning up at all the venues as mixologists or restauranteers so they are finding jobs without my giving them those. I am getting those Asian names spawning as the majority of new townies as mentioned before,so would like that to be fixed.

I am ready for Parenthood but running out of ideas for building the houses so want more building stuff in the pack.
  • Options

Cars are so easy to make! We could drive to district borders and park on the street

We also had streets in those older versions. Not all of our worlds have streets that cars can be driven on, Windenburg and Granite Falls for example. Those worlds were done that way because they decided that cars would never be a part of S4. We have no transportation what so ever. No cars, no trams, no taxis, no buses, no bicycles and now, maybe, no horses.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member

We also had streets in those older versions. Not all of our worlds have streets that cars can be driven on, Windenburg and Granite Falls for example. Those worlds were done that way because they decided that cars would never be a part of S4. We have no transportation what so ever. No cars, no trams, no taxis, no buses, no bicycles and now, maybe, no horses.

Sims 2 had a closed world as well and we still got Cars then
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    The sims also had a helicopter for private use in 2 as well. The helicopter came in the Mansion & Garden Stuff Pack.

I thought the helicopter came in Apartment Life.