Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's start discussing the Family Gamepack

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    me to but what can you do ?
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Why is the Clown Painting in there? We already have that. And the running machine? We have that. And we have those pantry shelves too. And we know how to eat.

Family GP is pretty vague, and EA is usually at least a touch more specific than that. Admittedly we haven't had athletic stuff specifically but it's not something we've been clamouring for.

Surely by now you realize that all quarterly teasers have the same format. There are two packs announced, in this case a family GP and an athletic SP. Both start by showing sims in a scene with objects, clothes and hair we already have (the clown painting for example) verses the new stuff we will be getting. This will no doubt happen again just before next quarter comes around so prepare yourself dear simmer for the shock of seeing the old stuff shown before the new stuff.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Why is the Clown Painting in there? We already have that. And the running machine? We have that. And we have those pantry shelves too. And we know how to eat.

Family GP is pretty vague, and EA is usually at least a touch more specific than that. Admittedly we haven't had athletic stuff specifically but it's not something we've been clamouring for.

Surely by now you realize that all quarterly teasers have the same format. There are two packs announced, in this case a family GP and an athletic SP. Both start by showing sims in a scene with objects, clothes and hair we already have (the clown painting for example) verses the new stuff we will be getting. This will no doubt happen again just before next quarter comes around so prepare yourself dear simmer for the shock of seeing the old stuff shown before the new stuff.
    It's likely that they do it that way because either they don't have what they want to share done yet. They just don't want to share that stuff until the Trailer, LS, or not at all.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Another question: What does 'family' mean?

Previously GPs are pretty clear. Vampires? That's obvious. Spa Day? Pretty clear, Dine Out? I can interpret that.

"Family"? You could say that almost everything in Sims is 'family'.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

Previously GPs are pretty clear. Vampires? That's obvious. Spa Day? Pretty clear, Dine Out? I can interpret that.

true I don't know what it means
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eRRab36XLI
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eRRab36XLI

Yas.

How do you Define your family? Is it Something traditional with the Parents, Children, (Great)Grands, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins? Single parents.
    I consider family more than just Blood Any one who loves and wants me unconditionally, is family.

Actually you could say every pack released even future packs all have family play content provided.
    Go to the Spa, Go camping, Bowling, Dine Out, Get together.
    Feast on the humans as a vampire Family, and friends.
    Hunt Supernatural, or other life states as a Family or a group of Friends.

I would hope this Pack allows you to have multiple relationships, the concept of Having more than One Best Friend.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    @SimGuruNinja As long as the trailer clues us in I'm good! ;-)
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited April 2017
    Can't speak to specifics now, but future info will totally shed light on this. It will be clear once we're able to share a bit more. Hang in there! Sorry to make you wait.

It's normal, it should well put to us water in the mouth. :smiley:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I'm assuming it means the "family unit" of parents, children, grandparents, and possibly extended family as well (though less likely).
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Can't speak to specifics now, but future info will totally shed light on this. It will be clear once we're able to share a bit more. Hang in there! Sorry to make you wait.

I Know I hate waiting lol
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited April 2017

Eep! This makes me soo excited! I'm a little sad about the wait (but that's just because I'm really interested in this theme), because family is a HUGE deal for me. ) I love game play that involves families, or game-play that allows our Sims to be more distinguished (allow us to shape them more in terms of like personality, etc). I just hope this game pack includes something for all life-stages; and doesn't leave any ages out! D: (from the trailer, it didn't seem that way) :)
    edited April 2017
    The last 3 Sims games had a Pack that had to do with the whole family getting together for like a family fun time or family gathering for a special event. Like kids graduating from school or something. So maybe this Family GP might be something along those lines.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I haven't played a family with toddlers in a while and I just opened up a save where the only child is a toddler but I wish there was someway for toddlers to meet other toddlers especially in cases like these.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    What would I like to see?

- teens look and act like teens. Even the concept of toddler trait. I mean a teen could have a seperate trait such as 'rebellious, grown-up, results-driven, fun seeker. This would be with normal traits and an overlay of interests and actions. Eg rebellious could go along with curfews. This really goes back to sims needing more personality and acting differently.

- deeper interactions between family. All ages groups need work. Toddlers are the most well advanced for caregiver - toddler. If a soon to be new parent has a good relationship with their parent, they should offer to help out for a few days ( and requests can be made at other times for help). Parents should be able to set up adult children on dates and nag about marriage, children etc. we have all of these random people asking to go to resturants etc, this should be tweaked for families and friends. Should be able to lend/ give family money. Gift giving which stays in inventory.

- More activities across age groups. Eg craft for adults or teen to do with kids and toddlers. Picnics.

- more physical group activities - tag, Marco polo,

- family photos !!

-more stuff for toddlers. Playground, wading pool. Def need more CAS, Hair etc

I can deal with the family photo album returning to the game. So long as it's not tied to the screenshot file folder. It's bad enough already that the pictures that the sims take with their cameras and smart phones end up in there too. The screenshot file folder should've left has just that, a place for the player to store all images that they took of their game by clicking on the little camera icon. The pictures that the sims take themselves, that should go into a separate file folder. One where if a player wishes can drag the photo that their sim took in the game, and place in the screenshot file folder.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited April 2017
    I know one thing and I thought it had to do with school, but I might be wrong, if you look at the food the guy is eating we do not have that type of food in game. The plate at the center of the table has two items on it pancakes and a syrup bottle, so could we be getting a vacation world type family pack. Also the pack on the floor looks more like a suitcase, so are we getting another vacation world? or maybe more than one! I would love more things to do when on vacation.

Edit: The food with the syrup bottle grouped together could only mean that room service is coming to the Sims 4, this room service only happens in Resort, Hotels, and rentable cabins, also the paper thing she was holding in her hand is a guidebook like in City Living.

Edit2: It will also most likely come in Late April or early May because they have to release the Stuff pack in June.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
    edited April 2017
    Vacation worlds have come in a GP before, all one has to do is look at Outdoor Retreat in order to see that. So perhaps this GP has a family friendly vacation world in it as well. Only time will tell.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Hoping we get a family game night as well.
    1FKDfKj.png
    edited April 2017
    The game can definitely use more family game time in it. :)
    ETA: Or I should say more games that the whole family can play together.
    Well look at the bigger food plate in the center of the table where he is sitting down eating pancakes and the lady is on the couch reading something, there is a plate on the table that has pancakes and syrup on it, they do that type of stuff in hotels its called room service.

When I think of room service in a hotel, I think of a food cart being left in a guest's with food on it for the guest to dine on at their own pace. Not seeing a stack of pancakes and syrup on a plate sitting on a table. But then again, each hotel has it's own room service and they way they go about conducting that room service.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Well look at the bigger food plate in the center of the table where he is sitting down eating pancakes and the lady is on the couch reading something, there is a plate on the table that has pancakes and syrup on it, they do that type of stuff in hotels its called room service.

Look at the teaser again and you will see that the plate on the table in front of Bob is just a family size plate of pancakes that we've had in the game from the beginning. There is no syrup, that is a cup of coffee on the far side of the platter of pancakes. This part of the teaser clearly shows that the SP will be focused on a healthy life style because Bob is eating a lot of pancakes and his wife is sitting and reading in the before segment and in the after segment Bob is dressed in workout attire feeling energized and his wife is on a treadmill. I don't see how any of this could possibly be misunderstood as being in a hotel pack with room service, mainly because those things are part of the before segment showing things and action we already have and do.

The "bag" you referred to is a school bag for kids that has been in the décor section for a while. Also, part of the before segment of the GP.
    edited April 2017
    Well, the game pack is just around the corner, because it will most likey be the first weeks of May or it will crowd the Stuff Pack Sale in June.