Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's start discussing the Family Gamepack

Comments

• InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I'd love to see bunk beds come out I don't care in what just that they come!
  • griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    There are so many things they could include in this pack. I'm hoping we get playground equipment (especially swings and slides), a teacher career, more stuff for teens to do, and more cas stuff for toddlers. A new world would be a big plus.
  • nity01nity01 Posts: 88 Member
    On another thread I had theory that possibly the mother and child talking and the teen studying may be a possible hint for homeschooling / babysitting? That would be awesome if that is a possibility! I'd love to see daycare return in the Sims 4 :)
    I make maxis match CC! Check out my blog here, if you like ----> https://anessasims.tumblr.com/ <3
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    What I would like to see in a family play based game pack?

- a punishment/reward system (punishments: grounding, no mobile phone/television/computer, setting a curfew/bedtime; rewards: new toy, a piece of candy); although punishments and rewards should be optional; for example when a teen misses curfew the interaction to punish becomes available
    - playgrounds with swings, slides and sandboxes
    - education career (doesn't have to be Get to Work style; I'm also fine with a rabbit hole career)
    - babysitting (you will get a random phone call from a friend who has a child, asking you to babysit for a few hours)
    - better teens (acne, younger looking clothes, mood swings, stuff for teens to do while hanging out); pre-teens would be great too (shorter length and more childlike facial features, first crushes; special traits, like rebellious, in the same way toddlers have special traits)

There's probably more that I can't think of right now. I really hope some or all of these things will be included in the upcoming game pack or will otherwise be added to the game in a different game pack or expansion pack.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Yes, now maybe we can throw that useless get too school mod away that don't work, it said it will be released this spring April or May? So we might be seeing an announcement for it sooner than later. The fact that there is a backpack desk and books and the shelf is filled up with dictionaries books rewards and that the other objects seems to be work bench or some kind, maybe they decided to try doing there on version of the get to school mod, if that is the case than I will be glad to throw that mod away, he has had so munch trouble with it as soon as he gets it working they send an update killing it again. Hopefully it will include a new Active career Teacher, and now maybe we can follow are kids to school, maybe active career of Daycare was added for toddlers who knowns.

Note: the bold part was ment to be a joke I love his mods, but what I ment when I said useless I was referring to the endless breaking of mods he just fixed it and they release a patch and he would have to fix it again. He also had bad timing of releasing the new version of go to school right before city living, so as soon as he released the fix for the venue mod, the city living expansion pack killed both the Go to School mod and the Venue Mod.

SGNinja said on Twitter this is a family pack.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Yes, now maybe we can throw that useless get too school mod away that don't work, it said it will be released this spring April or May? So we might be seeing an announcement for it sooner than later. The fact that there is a backpack desk and books and the shelf is filled up with dictionaries books rewards and that the other objects seems to be work bench or some kind, maybe they decided to try doing there on version of the get to school mod, if that is the case than I will be glad to throw that mod away, he has had so munch trouble with it as soon as he gets it working they send an update killing it again. Hopefully it will include a new Active career Teacher, and now maybe we can follow are kids to school, maybe active career of Daycare was added for toddlers who knowns.

Note: the bold part was ment to be a joke I love his mods, but what I ment when I said useless I was referring to the endless breaking of mods he just fixed it and they release a patch and he would have to fix it again. He also had bad timing of releasing the new version of go to school right before city living, so as soon as he released the fix for the venue mod, the city living expansion pack killed both the Go to School mod and the Venue Mod.

Picture?
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    @Briana2425 you can search in the thread about this GP, you will find this. I saw too this. :wink:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited April 2017
    @Jordan061102 I know about the game pack I'm excited for that its just what catloverplayer said about SimGuruNinja confirming its family name on Twitter but he did not but thank you for the info.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »

Picture?
    I'm guessing this is the tweet he's referring to:

Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I'm hoping for some more play equipment for children and the toddlers, who currently have nothing. Baby swings. Those cute things on springs they can rock back and forth on. A sandbox. Would be nice if they had a toddler pool, too, or if they could manage to slide on the water slide toy. Grandparents should have the option to knit, crochet or sew on a button, even. Some teen specific items/interactions would be good, too. The teaser was so void of anything, I don't wish to get carried away.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Now that Family Pack is official. I hope that aunts, and uncles, grandparents, and cousins are added to the relationship panel.
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Now that Family Pack is official. I hope that aunts, and uncles, grandparents, and cousins are added to the relationship panel.

Me too, and step-parents too !
  • dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    I'd like more things to do with babies
  • sweetbluekiana1sweetbluekiana1 Posts: 167 Member
    I really want them to add preteens. If they're not able to do that then I'd really love to see the teens be updated. They were my favorite life stage to play with in sims 2.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Candyd wrote: »

There is such a thing as a step-mother or father in the game already. So there definitely needs to be step-parents in the relationship panel.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I was hoping that family pack would be a fat expansion pack rather than game pack since I want so so so many things for family play!! More sophisticated school gameplay, preteen/shorter teen with more teen activities and social events, funerals, more advanced wedding, bachelor parties, slumber party, baby showers, etc etc!

Various new jobs like teachers and day care. New venues like playground, day care centre, schools. New gameplay items for hobbies like RC cars, sewing machines, arcade machines...

And throw in cars too especially caravans for family vacations!
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I was hoping that family pack would be a fat expansion pack rather than game pack since I want so so so many things for family play!! More sophisticated school gameplay, preteen/shorter teen with more teen activities and social events, funerals, more advanced wedding, bachelor parties, slumber party, baby showers, etc etc!

Various new jobs like teachers and day care. New venues like playground, day care centre, schools. New gameplay items for hobbies like RC cars, sewing machines, arcade machines...

And throw in cars too especially caravans for family vacations!

the gps are where they do the most detail this is great
    more for sim kids and more drama please

Picture?

@Jordan061102 I know about the game pack I'm excited for that its just what catloverplayer said about SimGuruNinja confirming its family name on Twitter but he did not but thank you for the info.

I've been working and now just checked this thread. Just posted the tweet.

There is such a thing as a step-mother or father in the game already. So there definitely needs to be step-parents in the relationship panel.

Hmm never thought about this. With a Family GP could come more Relationship Ties in CAS like boy/girlfriend.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited April 2017

Hmm never thought about this. With a Family GP could come more Relationship Ties in CAS like boy/girlfriend.

Definitely. The more options for relationships to be set in CAS, the happier I will be. Also, I wish we could create pregnant sims even if it's just 1st trimester.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member

@catloverplayer I'd love this to be a thing! It wouldn't be so annoyingly tedious to set up aunts/uncles or cousins in CAS anymore.
    (normally you would build a "bridge" of Sims: give the child a mother, then give the mother a sister, then delete the mother, and NOW you can play with a child that lives with their aunt)

Selectable relationship types should also include two sliders, one for friendship and one for romantic, so our CAS-married couples don't start out with 50% friendship and a little bit more romance. This would really be a "making things easier to set up" type of feature, but I think it's worth it.
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    I hope we get bunk beds and other cool toddler interactions/ toys
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    I would love to able to enhance my family tree with titles like In-Laws.
  • simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    I'd welcome the return of bunk beds, they're pretty much essential to all families with many children, but not enough space. More relationship options in CAS would be awesome too. There is so much that could potentially be added with this GP, I'm trying not to get too excited already. Anything that puts more focus on family play and makes it better will make me extremely happy, to be honest.
  • kaleidoscopicdollkaleidoscopicdoll Posts: 38 Member
    I have an incredibly one track mind and I'm always disappointed when an update ends up not being Pets or Seasons. xD But the family pack is a good idea! My sims often just go to work and school and generally ignore each other, so it'd be nice to be pushed to include some family features and interactions. I'd love daycare for toddlers (especially since family leave is never long enough to last the duration of toddlerhood) or any version of go to school, and more activities the whole family can do together. Definitely want bunk beds and more options for clothing and hair for both toddlers and children. I'm excited to see what this pack brings! :)