Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's start discussing the Family Gamepack

PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
In a similar vein to "Let's start discussing Witches", this thread will serve as a collection thread for ideas regarding the Family Gamepack that was teased today. Well, at least everybody hopes it's a family gamepack. Would be mean if it turned out to be about something else in the end.

But now let's just assume there is going to be a gamepack about family play and generations to be released within this quarter. What would YOU like to see in such a gamepack?

As in the other thread, I am NOT going to keep writing down all the suggestions. It's just too much for a human being to handle :joy: And that was with witches, those aren't even such a popular topic.
Generations on the other hand? Very much wanted by tons of people, including me. So it's basically impossible to note down all ideas.

Edit: Here is the teaser for those that haven't seen it yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dabzNtQx2Nc
Post edited by Pancakesandwich on

Comments

• Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    A family gamepack was teased? Oh, please don't put my hopes up too high... Can you give a source? Is it official?
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Check General Discussion for the trailer, but it appears to have something to do with a family GP and an athletic SP.
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    Hmm, athletic won't be my cup of tea but as someone who mainly plays legacies and families I'm excited for that. I hope there will be more content for toddlers in it, especially hairstyles. More kids activities would be nice as well. I'd love it if the life stages were made a bit more unique.

I did hope for pets or seasons though :wink:
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    @Erica87 I really hope that pets or seasons are next. Especially pets. But hey, if pets take too long to be released this quarter then there is hope for the pack to be pretty awesome ;)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    @Erica87 I really hope that pets or seasons are next. Especially pets. But hey, if pets take too long to be released this quarter then there is hope for the pack to be pretty awesome ;)

We already know what is coming in this quarter, a family GP and an athletic SP. There is programing found in the files that would suggest pets are being developed, possibly in an EP.
  • JDSimzJDSimz Posts: 791 Member
    I would think Pets would be announced in the next quarterly teaser, seen as it hasn't been that long since the game files were found suggesting Pets.
    Origin ID: ducklansimming
    "I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me."
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    What's that stuff all over the floor next to the work bench? I can't make it out. Is that stuff they can build or a hint to hobbies?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JDSimzJDSimz Posts: 791 Member
    @Cinebar It appears to be a lot of books and a backpack.
    Origin ID: ducklansimming
    "I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me."
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762
    XDJSIMMERX wrote: »
    @Cinebar It appears to be a lot of books and a backpack.

Really, I might need new glasses or a magnifying glass. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I was hoping that family pack would be a fat expansion pack rather than game pack since I want so so so many things for family play!! More sophisticated school gameplay, preteen/shorter teen with more teen activities and social events, funerals, more advanced wedding, bachelor parties, slumber party, baby showers, etc etc!

Various new jobs like teachers and day care. New venues like playground, day care centre, schools. New gameplay items for hobbies like RC cars, sewing machines, arcade machines...

And throw in cars too especially caravans for family vacations!

• InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I'm hoping for more fun/skill items for toddlers/kids (preferably that they can use together!) and CAS (especially toddler hair!!)
    I'm hoping it comes out fast because I'm so excited for more details!!!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm hoping for more fun/skill items for toddlers/kids (preferably that they can use together!) and CAS (especially toddler hair!!)
    I'm hoping it comes out fast because I'm so excited for more details!!!

The same, i dont want wait too much time for this GP. Further I know with this GP the empty of the game will filling.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited April 2017
    Yes, now maybe we can throw that useless get too school mod away that don't work, it said it will be released this spring April or May? So we might be seeing an announcement for it sooner than later. The fact that there is a backpack desk and books and the shelf is filled up with dictionaries books rewards and that the other objects seems to be work bench or some kind, maybe they decided to try doing there on version of the get to school mod, if that is the case than I will be glad to throw that mod away, he has had so munch trouble with it as soon as he gets it working they send an update killing it again. Hopefully it will include a new Active career Teacher, and now maybe we can follow are kids to school, maybe active career of Daycare was added for toddlers who knowns.

Note: the bold part was ment to be a joke I love his mods, but what I ment when I said useless I was referring to the endless breaking of mods he just fixed it and they release a patch and he would have to fix it again. He also had bad timing of releasing the new version of go to school right before city living, so as soon as he released the fix for the venue mod, the city living expansion pack killed both the Go to School mod and the Venue Mod.
    Post edited by Sid1701D9 on
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I wonder if the family GP has something to do with this...
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/909898/simgurusarah-wants-our-idea-for-new-toddler-objects/p1
    I hope so !
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Yes, now maybe we can throw that useless get too school mod away that don't work

Not nice to Zerbu, if his mods didn't work he wouldn't be one of the best modders. Please don't blame creators just for not always being available to keep their mods up-to-date.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Candyd wrote: »
    I wonder if the family GP has something to do with this...
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/909898/simgurusarah-wants-our-idea-for-new-toddler-objects/p1
    I hope so !
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Yes, now maybe we can throw that useless get too school mod away that don't work

Not nice to Zerbu, if his mods didn't work he wouldn't be one of the best modders. Please don't blame creators just for not always being available to keep their mods up-to-date.

I think you miss understood me, I am not dissing him, more like thanking him because I doubt if it wasn't for the popularity of the mod that he always had to update every patch I doubt this would have even came along. Moders have it tough because they are not official and therefore have to fix code after each patch. I really did like the Get to School mod the times I was able to get it to work, now after looking at the teaser my carefully it seems like a school themed pack with decks that can be arranged and stuff to decorate the classroom both elementary and high school, also it looks like instead of one homework book you get more than one. also the bookself looks like a bookshelf that can be used in the classroom.

So guess what the huge amount of elementary and high schools on the gallery have actually paid off.

so thank Zerbu when the patch came out because of the two mods EA has a huge number of schools both High School and Elementary school that they have to fit in so that people will use them, so now Zerbu mod will most likely be added to the game.

So you know what this means if you have that mod it probable won't work with the new Game Pack. Also if you look really close at the icon the parent is holding the children hand like the do the first day of a new school.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
    edited April 2017
    In a similar vein to "Let's start discussing Witches", this thread will serve as a collection thread for ideas regarding the Family Gamepack that was teased today. Well, at least everybody hopes it's a family gamepack. Would be mean if it turned out to be about something else in the end.

But now let's just assume there is going to be a gamepack about family play and generations to be released within this quarter. What would YOU like to see in such a gamepack?

As in the other thread, I am NOT going to keep writing down all the suggestions. It's just too much for a human being to handle :joy: And that was with witches, those aren't even such a popular topic.
    Generations on the other hand? Very much wanted by tons of people, including me. So it's basically impossible to note down all ideas.

Edit: Here is the teaser for those that haven't seen it yet:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dabzNtQx2Nc

Omg I just noticed something..why does that guy have a scarf and or sock on his shoulder? Why does the four paintings on the string look like seasonal paintings? And a ball next to workbench..catch coming to GP? ETA:That thing next to workbench is not a school bag..and there is a ball there also size of baseball. (used magnifying glass to see the stuff spilled on floor.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I think it also have to do with school because first you see a backpack and than next you see what looks like a toddler desk/ table and paint hangings looks like a daycare and the teen/preteen looks like their doing more work for school and or journal or diary.
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I would be okay with a school pack, if they included a daycare for toddlers, and things for other ages that were unique besides going o school (e.g. after school activities, prom, etc)
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I want superposed beds!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I would be okay with a school pack, if they included a daycare for toddlers, and things for other ages that were unique besides going o school (e.g. after school activities, prom, etc)

That would honestly be an awesome addition. Maybe there could also be something special happening on the first school day of a child Sim?
    If they included daycare, I'd like them to be their own lot type though, so my Sims could actually work there too. Kind of like GTW's retail system, just that you care for toddlers.
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    Love your idea of a separate daycare. I'd be ok with a daycare at home and on a separate lot. At home preferably to avoid loading screens.

That would honestly be an awesome addition. Maybe there could also be something special happening on the first school day of a child Sim?
    If they included daycare, I'd like them to be their own lot type though, so my Sims could actually work there too. Kind of like GTW's retail system, just that you care for toddlers.

• AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Unfortunately, I did not see preteens at all. Do you think they'll add 'em in in a surprise update like they did toddlers?
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Unfortunately, I did not see preteens at all. Do you think they'll add 'em in in a surprise update like they did toddlers?

Probably
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Please no preteens. Teens need fixing instead. They aren't adults, and they shouldn't look like them or behave like them.
  • ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    My fingers are crossed for bunk beds! :p I want to be able to have a small home with a bunch of kids running around, but it's hard without them