Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crazy Stories

Comments

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Well my household just suffered its first meteor attack. I have owned the game since 2011, added ambitions back in 2014 and have never had a meteor attack ever. I got the message saying that the sky has gotten dark and I, being unaware to the situation did not move any of my sims. I didn't even realize it was a meteor until right before the attack. I honestly thought it was some kind of crazy sims thing going on. Meanwhile all the neighbors run to my house standing just out of the kill shadow of the meteor. So my simself and my favorite sim get killed in this, while everyone else was fine. Not fair! So I quit the game without saving. If this ever happens again, I am going to direct all of my sims to leave the lot.

This occurred in Twinbrook. Is Twinbrook more prone to these meteors?

That was like what happened with my first meteor. I didn't even know I could have them, because I thought meteors came with Seasons. I got the message, but I couldn't figure out what was happening. My teen was in school, and the game took me there. I saw the shadow, and it even occurred to me that it looked like it could be a meteor shadow. But I thought it couldn't be, because after all, I didn't have meteors in my game, or so I thought. I had plenty of time to get my teen out of the school, if I had realized it was a meteor, but it hit and she and a lot of other school kids got killed. I was so shocked, I quit without saving and returned to the previous save. Later, I wished I had saved with a different name, because I was wondering what the newspaper would have said, with all of those children and teens killed - would it have had a dozen or so obituaries in it? But it was too late, so I never found out. And when I played the day over, there was no meteor.

Since then, I have had one other meteor. The first one was in Sunset Valley, the second in Lucky Palms. So I don't know if Twinbrook is more prone to them. I've played there plenty of times and never had one there.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I've never noticed Twinbrook being more attractive to meteors either. I get them in almost all of my worlds, but usually they fall on a vacant lot when no one is around. Only once did one hit a lot that had sims on it, including my sims. That was in Riverview, and yes quitting without saving was definitely the order of the day. The only thing that would have been left of my five year old legacy style game would have been a couple of orphans and a dog otherwise (not quite, there was extended family around town by then but something like that).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    @igazor @IreneSwift They should have set it up so that you get a very aversive effect, but not death. I remember in TS2 if struck by lightening, you pee your pants and are dirty. That is pretty scary that you can wipe out a generation if the meteor strikes at school. What gets me is how sims will go out of their way to be near the blast site.
    My second meteor, in Lucky Palms, hit the military base while my sim was at work there. It hit the exact spot where her plumbob had indicated she was at the time the shadow appeared, but I knew what it was that time, and immediately sent her home. Her boyfriend was also a coworker, and he was just arriving at work (late), so I thought he might be killed, but he didn't make it inside before the meteor hit. I sent my sim to collect all the space rocks. I had to teleport her into the fenced in area behind the building, where all the damage and most of the rocks were. She made a killing on all those big space rocks, and was able to move out of her small starter house to a much nicer one.
  • Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member
    Here's an interesting, weird story that happened when I was playing Sims 3 some years ago. I made a sim named Biana. She was a great guitarist. I took her to the future and she soon fell in love with this sim from the future. The problem was that my game would not let her get married to him so I used some cheats to add him to the family. Everything was going well when she went back home. She got married to the future sim and she won a lottery (with the future expansion pack, it's unbelievably easy to win), soon she was pregnant. The pregnancy went to well. She gave birth to one, then it soon became 25 and the game was forcing me to name them all. The game glitched out. I left the household in the midst to see if it would stop. It eventually did and she only had one real child, the other babies were invisible clones (or something). In the end, I had to use cheats and grow her son up to an adult to move him out with the demon babies and something happened that got me stuck at a loading screen. THE END

By the way, has any of you had a sim that married a sim from the future?
    3ZWheQM.gif
    Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
    I had an incident with the mean Jared Frio. I started up a new family in Sunset Valley (I haven't lived in SV since I bought late night back in 2012) and Jared invited me to his house for a party. I was talking to him and him with his mean spirited trait started yelling at me for no reason. I was being nice to him.

I got the message saying that I was being inappropriate and I will have to leave if I continue. Seriously? He yells at ME and I get the warning. He is acting inappropriately... you leave Jared! I kind of feel they went overboard on the inappropriate warning system.
    I had an incident with the mean Jared Frio. I started up a new family in Sunset Valley (I haven't lived in SV since I bought late night back in 2012) and Jared invited me to his house for a party. I was talking to him and him with his mean spirited trait started yelling at me for no reason. I was being nice to him.

I got the message saying that I was being inappropriate and I will have to leave if I continue. Seriously? He yells at ME and I get the warning. He is acting inappropriately... you leave Jared! I kind of feel they went overboard on the inappropriate warning system.

I've had that same experience, where someone yelled at my sim, who was at their house, then said she was behaving inappropriately. I wouldn't hang around with people like that in real life, so when that happens, my sim goes home.
  • MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    edited May 2017
    Well. Been playing and planning my little vampire-family...
    Two days ago, there were only Mazakeen, Mark (the human husbond&plasma-dispenser), and Lilith, their teen-daughter. A modest family for my modest computer. A mere moment into the daily gaming, Mazakeen and Mark made some outrageous woohoo, turning Mazakeen into a waggling penguin again. Ohnoes, I thought. This was planned to happen later, not now. Oh, well miracles happen, obviously.

Soon after, completely random. Evelyn Morgan, a beautiful young adult knocks on the door, she is welcomed in, and lo and behold. She is gorgeous, -and the hair of Kate Beckinsale (Underworld).
    Evelyn is curious. She heard there are vampires about. -"Well, yes, dear. May I help You, perhaps?" -"Will You move in, become a retainer and take care of my offspring?" -She went all giddy with hearts bubbling around her head. Mazakeen just had to bite her after that.
    Now, she's broke up with her boyfriend, sharing house and are allowed to mooch off my family, and have her expenses paid, for protection and the occasional weresim-hunt. First she must muscle up a bit. Poor girl is quite skinny. She will then go to China, and become a martial artist, so she can become a deathdealer alongside Lilith. Perfect timing it is. Lilith is in wee minutes about to become a young adult too, to join the ranks of the deathdealers.

Beware weresims! ...-the Heights are becoming a dangerous place for you pesky lycans.

Tldr; Three became 5 in minutes. -Thats a crazy story for You.

/Sim on.

(Edit: The newborn member is a boy, a big (stronglooking) baby. -As a heir to the House, only the dark lords of the eternal night knows his future.)
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    Okay so I'm about to take the cake on crazy stories. I made this family: a mom and her two daughters. One was a teen, the other a child. They were living in a house they definitely couldn't afford but the mom had this hot, rich, super young boyfriend. Him and the mom were together for a while-they were even engaged. But he cheated on the mom with this young girl from his job so the two ended things on bad terms. The teenage daughter graduated and moved out. She didn't have a high relationship with her mom but it wasn't bad. She met this guy and they hit it off right away. He was a bit older but not too much. They ended up getting married but the teen's newly wed husband and the mom got into a fight and that's when it hit me: the daughter was marrying the man, her mom was about to get married to! That's why their relationship was so high already! I didn't break them up though and they ended up having a son. lol
    edited May 2017
    The name of this story is Frio Fiasco. Jared Frio invited me to his party and I couldn't help but laugh at their poor design. They have a counter island bar but they put appliances in the way of the surface area. They have chairs there as if they would eat there. Sorry Frio brothers, but you are not too bright.
    Another fail on Jared's part: this is his party and he showed up late.
    Screenshot-824_zpscfp1efix.jpg?t=1494790243
    For some unknown reason Clark Sauer from sunset valley keeps asking my sim on a date. She has the insane trait. I don't know what his traits are. Every time they go on a date, every friendly or funny interaction I do either has no or little effect. I could see we were getting nowhere, so I said whatever and I used some insane interactions on him. One of which is speak madness. He was totally turned off by that. Lol.
    A burglar has just come to my house and brought along chaos. It may get a little confusing as there were three stories happening at the same time.

So the burglar came into the house and the security alarm sounded loudly. I'm not certain but I must have had a Sim who has the coward trait cooking at the time. She ran over to the burglar, panicked and then fainted on the floor. Meanwhile she left it was on the stove cooking and a fire may have started. However a sim who happened to have the insane trait was unfazed by this whole thing and casually walked over to the stove and continued cooking before it caught on fire. She saved the day.

Meanwhile a sim with the heavy sleeper trait was in bed and was unfazed by this whole thing while my other Sims ran downstairs to observe the burglar. He just kept sleeping.

Last there was another Sim who after the burglar was arrested and was waiting by the police car started talking and socializing with the policeman while the burglar was waiting outside. They eventually disbanded and everything else went on.

I just had to share this crazy story. It is a good one.
    edited May 2017
    @Charlottesmom Here is a little Jared Frio story for you. I turned on story progression in my city and the next day I happened to invite Jared to my house and he went in the hot tub and I noticed he turned into a mermaid! He had scales on his legs! I am a little weirded out, but it is fun to watch him swim! I now can talk about kelp recipes with him.

Edit: He didn't turn into a mermaid at my house. This is the moment when I noticed he is a mermaid.
    Screenshot-851_zpscu6i0w7j.jpg?t=1495239423
    Screenshot-852_zpsnvmnn4hc.jpg?t=1495239451
    Screenshot-856_zpsufnsou3z.jpg
    Post edited by Anthonydyer on
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @Anthonydyer , I'm pretty sure I haven't seen Jared or Connor as mer...men? In any of my saves, Thornton was one in a save I just deleted. I like Jared as a fairy and Connor as a witch....though I had a ball with Connor as a vampire in one of my favorite saves ever. :smiley:
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    The name of this story is Frio Fiasco. Jared Frio invited me to his party and I couldn't help but laugh at their poor design. They have a counter island bar but they put appliances in the way of the surface area. They have chairs there as if they would eat there. Sorry Frio brothers, but you are not too bright.
    Another fail on Jared's part: this is his party and he showed up late.
    Screenshot-824_zpscfp1efix.jpg?t=1494790243

@Anthonydyer , When I play the Frio boys, and even when I don't their house gets gutted and pretty much redesigned. When Jared gets married to my Julia I always add a third floor for all the bedrooms and the bedrooms that were downstairs become a study/gaming area. :smile:
    edited May 2017
    While I am on the mermaid topic, does anyone find it weird that mermaids like to eat fish? Aren't they fish themselves?
    A lot of real life fish also eat other fish, so it's not that big of a stretch.
    edited May 2017
    Two new things happened today. The first of which the repowoman came to my house. Grrr. I usually pay all my bills on time but for some reason, the last day warning did not show up for me. I was actually shocked when the notice came up that the repowoman was comming. So she showed up to my house, got attracted to a sim in my house and then proceeded to repo my stuff. The joke is on her, because she took a computer that was already broken. Then she somehow repoed my phone through a wall, but it looked like she was after my security alarm. It kind of is weird to repo an alarm.

Edit: It just hit me: I got up for a few minutes to do something while letting the game run. The notice must have showed up then. I broke the number 1 sims rule... always pause your game when getting up.

Also a mermaidic update! Jared Frio is no longer a mermaid (thank goodness). But now Judy Bunch is. I did not do this: they did it autonomously.

Remember everyone: Pay those bills on time!
    edited May 2017
    I was just invited to the Frio house for a party and upon arriving there, I discovered that Connor has gotten really fat. Like really fat! I'm not too sure how this happened, but one time I had a maid that somehow got stuck in my house and he kept eating and eating nonstop until I asked him to leave. Also Justine Keaton now is a mermaid (as seen in the pic). This story progression is a little too weird for me, so I just shut it off.
    Screenshot-880_zps4vgwzr1l.jpg
    Screenshot-881_zpssq2humoe.jpg
    Btw, that is me wearing the vest.
    Screenshot-498_zpsumhbo6r2.jpg
    The fat maid.

• CanthelpbutusecheatsCanthelpbutusecheats Posts: 6 New Member
    I loa my games and roaring heights is one of the towns I can play. I never bought it. Never bought any store stuff. Not sure if it works, Im playing another save in a custom world, but some new stuff from buy mode appeared in my game as well? so confused
  • MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    I was sitting on the train today, a phone rings. Not the usual mYphone/whatever-sound, but lo and behold. The Sims intromusic... -I just had to turn around to see who it was. -that was quite funny, imo. Unexpected and weird.
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
    edited May 2017
    My sim was invited on a date and I agreed. I should probably have sent her fishing because I had to get her fishing skill up for work, but I felt bad declining the date. Through the magic of the Sims, I decided to make the best of the situation and do both. I had my date follow me to the fishing pond across the street and I fished while he read a book.

Don't try this in real life. You will not get away with it. Your date will be offended. ;)
    Screenshot-911_zpsuqdmbf1y.jpg
  • Marshal_BananaMarshal_Banana Posts: 4 New Member
    I never had many weird stories in my past two saves, but this new save in particular is crazy...
    So my scientist sim moves into Sunset Valley, everything's normal so far. The university mascot visits, and...she's attracted to my sim. Never knew the mascot could love but, okay, I thought, I'll let this roll for a bit. I let my sim talk with her a bunch then the neighborhood greeting party comes. I can't remember who was there but Boyd Wainwright was one of the greeters. So far everything is fine...then Boyd started flirting with the mascot, flowers and all. It was a strange love triangle.
    Once I got my sim to university, nearly every girl was attracted to him somehow. I'm not even kidding, even a elderly lady fairy was crushing on him. My dormmates were all crazy too, one walked around naked all the time, another one was filthy all the time, and somehow they had started a fire on the lot TWICE. the fire ruined the stove so badly that it was unusable, so we had to live on tofudogs and autumn salads until the term ended. Another weird thing in university(which thankfully worked with my storyline) was that my sim was in class, and suddenly I got the meteor pop-up, I ran him out of class and had him far away from the building. Grimmy never appeared so I assume no one died, but everyone(including the nude roommate) had their clothes blasted off, one guy was on his laptop when it happened, lol.
    Once my sim got back to Sunset Valley and back to his job, I noticed something strange, their were three horses at his workplace. At first I assumed it was a stupid glitch and they would go away, but then suddenly I started to see them all around town, they even gathered near this one house like they were having a cult meet-up lol.
    edited May 2017
    @Marshal_Banana I love your story. I've heard bad things about the mascot, but sounds like for you maybe not so much. I've had a similar situation with attraction. This applies to all sims in my current house, but there is one in particular who has the charismatic trait and has like 40+ friends. He will be asked on a date and while he is on the date, he will be asked on another date by someone else. I have been noticing this more and more up to the point where I have declined some people. I should point out that some of these people are married. Yikes.

I've had an experience with meteors too. My sims were minding their own business and then all of a sudden all my neighbors ran just outside of the kill zone. I ended up leaving two of my favorite sims in the kill zone because I didn't know what was going on and they were under a roof, so I did not see the shadow. What is scary is I hear that sims that are not in your active house cannot be moved if they are in the kill zone. I don't know if that is true or not. I could use resetsim to get them away. Common sense tells me not to stand in a shadow if there is a meteor coming. Next time I will be prepared! See May 13 for further details on the meteor incident.
    Post edited by Anthonydyer on
    @Marshal_Banana Also, funny you mention about scientist. My sim just was promoted to mad scientist. I love it and the look of the sim. Now I can perform experiments on random objects. One time I wanted to pull a prank on my brother who had one of his sims working as a mad scientist and had his sim do experiments on almost every object in his house. Those objects were making noises and giving aversive effects to anyone who interacts with those objects. His house was going haywire. When he saw that he thought it was funny.

I was having fun and performing some experiments.