Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghosts Game Pack

I talk about this all the time, but I still hope we see fully fleshed out ghosts in TS4. We discuss about supernatural life states getting their own packs, and although ghosts are technically paranormal rather than supernatural, I feel they deserve their own pack.

TS3 into TS4, ghosts are not truly spiritual beings. They are transparent sims, that glow, and float, but that's about it. They still need to eat, use the bathroom, take a shower, have a social life, have fun, and sleep. Why? They're dead? It makes no sense. The only two they actually need would be energy and fun needs- maybe social needs depending on a ghost's wants, needs, and fears.

TS2 ghosts actually functioned like ghosts. They could scare sims to death. They would actually haunt lots they frequented. And if a ghost was around it would negatively affect a mortal sim. So in TS3 into TS4, all sims are ghost whisperers? Ghosts deserve much needed love IMO. A ghost shouldn't have the same needs bar as a mortal sim. Mortal sims shouldn't have the ability to see, speak, and befriend a ghost, unless that have a special trait they unlock. A Ghost GP would open a whole new way of telling stories, legacies living on, and make the game, overall, more interesting and compelling. And you don't like ghosts? Turn the feature off, or simply, not purchase the pack.

New Hidden World- Netherworld
Along with having fully fleshed out ghosts, they deserve their own world. Similar to Forgotten Hollow and Sixam, but only ghosts can frequent and live in this world. A Netherworld. Special objects that ghosts can travel to and from such as a Haunted Mirror which would be a doorway to ghosts to frequent the mortal world. It would do away with ghost sims living next door. They didn't technically live in a mortal world. They could stay (vacation) in a lot for so many days as a "haunting", but would eventually have to return to the Netherworld. If a mortal sim dies in our household, we still had that option so they could move on to the unknown, or remain and sent to the Netherworld, where we could continue playing as a ghost.

Here's something else that would make the Netherworld a bit more interesting. Neighborhood Selection. Ghosts don't need sleep, necessarily, but you still want them to have a home. Say they're living in Willow Creek but when they die, you don't want them to live in a random spiritual plane. There would be a different version of the neighborhood your mortal sim once lived in. Only difference, it was much more darker, similar to Midnight Hollow in TS3. Each neighborhood had this appearance. So once your mortal sim died, and they moved into the Netherworld, they still live in their house, in the same neighborhood, it's just a much darker variant (a mirror version).

New Trait(s)
Ghosts automatically picked up the "haunting" trait. They used this to their advantage when they frequented the living. Depending on how well your ghost sim terrorizes a sim grants them more "vacation days" to stay on the physical plane. This haunting trait opened up a new needs bar (Energy, Social and Fun). If a ghost hasn't reached the highest level of energy they simply return back to the Netherworld where it takes 2 to 3 sim days to fully reach full energy to return back to haunt the physical world. But the energy doesn't drain as fast if you place special perks, eventually making them restless. A Haunting Meter also popped up. The more sims our ghosts haunted our fun bar would stay in the green. Our ghosts could eventually level up with the haunting skill and become a Poltergeist. As for social, ghosts could hangout with other ghosts, be friends with other ghosts and Grimm as well, who is the guardian over the Netherworld. It's best not to make enemies with him, or he can kill you in spirit form. And ghosts can also communicate with the living.

Mortals can open a new trait by conducting seances and ghost hunting... "Third Eye". It would allow our mortal sims to communicate with ghosts, befriend ghosts, as well as exorcise ghosts. The only way our mortal sims can unlock the Third Eye trait is by completing aspiration goals- capture 50 ghosts using ghost hunting equipment; make contact with 50 ghosts using the seance board; exorcise 50 ghosts from haunted locations around the neighborhood, etc.. Once your sim has completed the task our sims can see ghosts, speak to ghosts, and befriend ghosts and become immune to ghosts trickery and spooky haunting activities. By using the Third Eye trait, our sims can also be famous psychics/mediums and make their living by conducing seances, becoming a professional ghost hunter, and profession exorcist who's entire life calling is by reaching out to the Netherworld, communicating with the deceased, and exorcising the malevolent ghosts.

Premium Game Play Objects
* Haunted Mirror- the doorway between the living and the Netherworld. Ghosts can use the Haunted Mirror to show themselves to the living and scaring sims, communicate with the living through the Haunted Mirror, as well as travel. But one must have a Haunted Mirror (or upgrade a standard mirror to Haunted Mirror) to allow ghosts in-and-out. The mirror could also be used for teens to play "Muddy Mary" a spin-off of the legend of Bloody Mary. Teen sims could play Muddy Mary which if successfully done Muddy Mary would appear, and either grant a sim a wish or grant them bad luck.

* Seance Table & Crystal Ball- this object is a tool used for speaking to ghosts. Only those who are trained or training to become medium/psychics may use the Seance Table & Crystal Ball. Ghosts can manipulate the crystal ball to show living sims their death to explain how they died, convey messages from beyond the realm, or simply scare sims who are gazing into the crystal ball.

* Ghost Hunting Equipment- Sims could become professional ghost hunters by using the latest state-of-the-art ghost hunting technology. Once trapping a ghost, a sim can either release the ghost into the unknown (free the ghost), or sell their plasma to research, or simply collect a multitude of ghostly orbs and keep them on display. Ghost Hunting works best in rumored haunted locations and cemeteries.

* Haunted Portrait- Once a mortal sim dies and becomes a ghost they leave a portrait of themselves for family or new residents to move in, find, and hang on the wall. When that ghost visits the home they can appear to the living sims by morphing the portrait, manipulate it into different poses, or literally jump out at a mortal sim who is looking at the portrait.

New Emotion
Scared- Sims who encounter a ghost may become scared. But scared can also work for numerous scenarios such as watching a horror movie, reading a horror novel, having a nightmare, losing a best friend, or whatever the case may be. While ghosts haunt the living, the mortal sim becomes scared and will continue to be scared as long as the ghost is present. Once the ghost has moved on (another room, lot, or Netherworld) the living sim won't be scared anymore.

New Skills
Haunting- once a mortal sim becomes a ghost they automatically start the learning of the haunting skill. Level 1 haunting consists of making sounds- a creaking door, a banging pipe, nothing out of the ordinary, but enough to get a mortal sim's attention. By level 5 Haunting, ghosts can turn on faucets, manipulate electricity, and moan/whisper to living sims. And at master skill level our ghosts become Master Poltergeists. They can appear to sims, move furniture, throw objects at living sims, invite other ghosts for house haunting parties, terrorize living sims, and randomly Scare Sims to Death.

Ghost Perk System
Much like the Club System and Vampire System, a new system introduced for ghosts. The more perks we earn by haunting/scaring living sims, the higher special abilities can be unlocked. But with any perk also comes a downfall such as, "Tormented". If a ghost has Tormented, they haunt the living in agony, tormented by what once was. These tormented ghosts are always in negative moods and can become malevolent ghosts once fully leveled. Other perks could be Dream Manipulator. Ghosts who have the Dream Manipulator can haunt a sim in their sleep by scaring them in their dreams. Other perks could be Possession. With Posession ghosts can possess an object causing it to malfunction often, levitate an object, or possess a living sim for a certain amount of time.

New Lot: Cemeteries
With Ghosts one must have cemeteries to put the dead to rest. With cemeteries, new social events could include- Funerals. Cemeteries are a hot spot for paranormal activity. A great place for teen sims to hangout and dare other sims to venture into the Crypt. Taking an object from the Crypt can cause ghosts to follow living sims back to their home and terrorize a living sim until they return the object, or have the home exorcised. Mortal sims can also visit the cemetery to visit loved ones, mourn, etc.. Ghosts can also manipulate their tombstones by shaking them, levitating them, etc..

New Build/Buy Mode Objects
More derelict, aged, and worn objects. New object animations for chandeliers to swing and light fixtures to flicker. Broken and boarded up windows. Dark and foreboding doorways that glow color of choice at night (or during haunting hours). Perhaps a Victorian-era theme. Haunted Window- a special window when once placed a phantom would appear randomly peaking out at sims walking by.

CAS- Ghosts
The ability to create ghosts. We also had the choice of their appearance. There could be different variants such as Electrocuted- a ghost sim would always give the appearance of being electrocuted, along with electricity that constantly circulated around their energy form. If a sim drowned, then they would have a wet appearance, as well as puddles of water wherever they moved to. Depending on the death type is the overall appearance and special physical traits we could give them.

Comments

• RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    no ty, we have ghost ingame and i see you want to give them an overhaul but tbh i want rid of the ghosts not make them 'better' there ends up being more ghosts on my lots than actual sims and they do my head in deleting one after the other it would be nice if my sim had some kinda ghost blaster so i could terminate them once and for all
  • sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    I think this would be a fun idea!
  • IndustrialxGothIndustrialxGoth Posts: 84 Member
    I like this. A bit of focus on the supernatural~
    The ghosts in the game currently just seem almost unimportant... We can have a Vampire pack that allows personal creation of vampires, stuff + special interactions that are associated, even part of conversations btwn Sims! I love this pack, but would also love to see more supernatural + death-related involvement~
  • Sims4Obsessed55Sims4Obsessed55 Posts: 93 Member
    This is amazing, so much thought must have gone into this! I really hope that this becomes a game pack soon.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    It's cool but sorry i don't want pay a GP for ghosts...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • mafan823mafan823 Posts: 5 New Member
    This is amazing! I would to get something like this! This needs to exist.
  • Madhat22aMadhat22a Posts: 2 New Member
    YES we need this!!!! We could even have it so your mortal sims can enter the netherworld (only the active household) by, for example, having a random crack appear in the house/apartment of a sim. The crack could be glowing blue or some colour. They then can even have two options once the crack appears. 1. To cement the crack, or 2. To explore. Exploring the crack would take the sim to the netherworld where the mortal sim can visit dead family members etc. there could even be portals to the netherworld coming from the grave stones in the cemetery just in case the player regrets cementing the crack I mentioned. I just think ghosts really need their own pack, I hope EA sees these ideas!!!
  • CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    My family ghosts keeps texting my sims inviting them to have a drink in a bar lol
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I'm totally on board! Would LOVE a ghost overhaul and game pack and especially a Fear emotion.

Ghosts are way too much like normal, living sims. I want them to be more spooky and supernatural with poltergeist powers.

Great ideas!
    #Team Occult
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited August 2017
    I wouldn't mind a gp like this. Sounds interesting and something that would spice up the game play we currently have. Plus I love how it would bring back funerals and cemeteries. :)
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    This is well thought out.
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    I would especially like this if you had the option of continuing you single sim household If that single sim died.