Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starter Stuff/Cheap Space Saving Items

I absolutely loved this idea for a stuff pack. Space saving furniture for starter sims who don't have the money for big beds or brand new furniture or big spacious apartments.

We need:
-A sofa bed+murphy bed.
-Folding chairs maybe that can automatically go up against the wall when not in use.
-Mini Fridge
-Worn out furniture or cheap looking furniture
-Bunk beds

Maybe a stuff pack that doesn't focus on CAS items but rather go all out on FUNCTIONAL and really neat apartment/starter house objects.
Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Space saving furniture to me sounds like bunk beds.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    @Chazzzy added it to the list! How could i forget :lol:
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Atzin321Atzin321 Posts: 13 New Member
    I'd love some ladders again, which only take up one tile for going up and down floors. I adored those from S3.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Bunk beds, ladders, yes to all!
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I was most excited about this SP idea. Used looking furniture and clothes to buy... sounds so fun. The worn out stuff we got with city living (was it?) are some of my favorite and I love how you can buy the futon bed for either dirt cheap (used) or just pretty cheap, but it's the same bed.

• SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    Ladders.
    Bunk beds. - beds that are bunked but L shaped rather than stacked. Either bunked or L bunked with a toddler bed on the bottom under a twin bed.
    Loft beds over desks/dressers/kid toy boxes.
    Mini fridge that can go under the counter or be free standing.
    Murphy bed.
    TV tray tables!
    laptops - should be able to stick in inventory and use at dining tables or desks.
    Port O Potty or camp toilet (I know but hear me out - off the grid sims, sims who lose electricity/water for not being able to afford bills, or sims building their own home from scratch might all use this starting out till they could afford a real tiolet).
    More one tile desks!
    Shorter half height bookcases with slots on top for tv/radio.
    "Homemade" board and block bookcase.
    Curtains that look like sheets tacked up over Windows.
    Plastic kiddie pool for toddlers /child sims to sit in and play with toys that older swims could snap a chair to and soak their feet in - very slight hygiene increase unless a toddler pees in it. (In case your sims can't afford a tub).
    Sponge bath interaction from sinks.
    One tile dressers - tall and thin. Maybe ceiling height ?
    One of those tiolet / sink combos that has the sink above the back of the tiolet?
    A small diagonal corner sink to make 2x2 full baths easier to build and more accessible for sims.
    More tub/shower combos of all price points.
    Smaller telescope.
    Mirrors attached to doors.
    More Small one tile coffee tables
    Trash disposal inside counters.
    More clutter that slots to shelves - very few items actually slot to shelves!
  • Ryuzaki5Ryuzaki5 Posts: 50 Member
    I actually like a lot of the ideas circulating in here!

I do want a mini fridge! that was my fave appliance from island paradise
    Murphy beds and the old-school couch bed would be nice
    sketchpad for artists to practice on till they can afford an easel
    vanity dressers
    table top heating pad for cooking without a stove (only low level cooking and no gourmet)
    more single tile doors, windows and archways
    sprinklers to water garden plants and play in (unless its already there and i just cant find it)
    someone in one of the eco forums (my other fave) mentioned a laptop that has to be charged occasionally
    more minimalist furniture period
    cheaper low grade entertainment options
    more outdoor activities
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    When I hear space saver I think of the spiral staircase. <3 Any of you remember the ugly recliner in Sims1? They could sleep in it so you didn't have to buy a bed right away. Would be fun to get something like that back.
  • AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    Spiral staircase anyone? Would save a ton of space. +1 for murphy beds, bunk beds and minifridges as well
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I said spiral staircases and a hammock in another thread.
  • sinnyoncesinnyonce Posts: 88 Member
    starter stuff wasn't #1 on my list but after looking at this thread i'm wondering if it should have been...
  • TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    Try to remember the limits on space saving stuff: Bunk beds are actually space saving, as 2 beds only take up the footprint of 1. Murphy beds are only space saving if you can place something in the same footprint, when it is not folded out - which you can't.

@Skychimes your list is awesome. My favourites (if I had to pick some):

Spiral staircases, or ladders - Spiral staircases would probably be more useful overall(for me).
    One tile dressers - We only have 1 that actually is a 1-tile - the other that looks like 1 tile, has the foot print of 2 tiles.
    Smaller telescope - I would buy a pack if it only included this. That is how badly I want it, lol (But would of course resent it not including more).
    More clutter that slots to shelves - very few items actually slot to shelves! (Which is why there are tissue boxes everywhere!)
    TriX0099 wrote: »
    Try to remember the limits on space saving stuff: Bunk beds are actually space saving, as 2 beds only take up the footprint of 1. Murphy beds are only space saving if you can place something in the same footprint, when it is not folded out - which you can't.

They could make a computer/study desk that rotates up to a Murphy bed as well as a tv wall panel that folds down into a bed. It doesn't have to be just a bed in the wall.
    TriX0099 wrote: »

They could make a computer/study desk that rotates up to a Murphy bed as well as a tv wall panel that folds down into a bed. It doesn't have to be just a bed in the wall.

I know. Just saying Murphy beds in themselves aren't space-saving as a game item (unlike RL), but would indeed need another function when up.
  • SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    I would love spiral stairs and things like fold out beds - but remember the whole reason lounge chairs / recliners aren't in a stuff pack is because of the work needed to make it function with multitasking when added to animatations, and build mode features aren't usually in stuff packs - so I'm not super optimistic for those features. Ladders I hold more hope for simply because bunk beds seem like a must with a space save pack and you would almost have to have a ladder animation and such for that anyway - so adding them in build mode would seem a more likely possibility if most of the work was already done for it to be included wi an object. I know right now these are all pie in the sky ideas and I'm dreaming right along with you, but it is still a STUFF pack not a game pack or expansion so don't get your hopes too high for build features.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I love these ideas. I'm hoping bunk beds would be part of this. I really miss them.
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    Love all the ideas, this was my top pick. I'd like to see plastic drawers and tubs as nightstands/end tables as well as dressers (large drawers) and a large plastic storage container to serve as storage like the chests we have now. Outdoor plastic chairs, too, as well as a plastic table. My early marriage featured lots of plastic furniture until we could afford better, and my garage still has plastic storage tubs full of stuff like holiday decorations. A plain mattress/box spring on the floor would be nice, too.
  • mscosmomscosmo Posts: 118 Member
    An idea for space saving item would be a platform for stairs. A1x1 platform (it would be nice if we could expand the size) would make it possible for stairs to turn.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited April 2017
    Sofa beds and loft beds would be great. Loft beds are space saving since you could put a desk and computer underneath them.

Sofa beds are great because even if your house is tiny, you still have a place to sleep.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Under the stairs bed room cupboard.
    You're not a wizzard Harry, we're just poor.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Sofa beds and loft beds would be great. Loft beds are space saving since you could put a desk and computer underneath them.

Sofa beds are great because even if your house is tiny, you still have a place to sleep.

Hopefully loft beds would be "easy" to implement if bunk beds were already on the list of things making it in anyway :)
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    edited April 2017
    These are great ideas, spiral stairs, ladders, bunk bed, sofa beds, mini fridge, 2 burner cabinet top stove burner, crate furniture, old worn out furniture and some fairly used. These was some of things I was thinking.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    ce43b2feb88472895f7b2f082afb016b.jpg

Bunk Sofas!
    But in all seriousness I really like the ideas on this thread. I would like to see basement hatchets.
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

Bunk Sofas!
    But in all seriousness I really like the ideas on this thread. I would like to see basement hatchets.

I doubt it will be in these packs but I have wanted a basement hatch forever. Great idea!