Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

post pictures of washers and dryers you would love to see in the eco stuffpack clothes line included

hello to all simmers this thread main goal is to help @SimGuruGraham with types of washers and dryers we would love in the game

i will start

appartment size washers and dryers:

2ikzivq.jpg

qownsk.jpg

normal size washers and dryers for appartments that would have the space and sims homes (topload vintage and modern as well as front load and lets not forget wringer washers if sims wents a farm life style or went to be eco

2uz4712.jpg

xb0qi9.jpg

2hwp4dt.jpg

28vyib5.jpg rinse tub to rinse clothes

5yud8k.jpg

2zs38kx.jpg

2gw8042.jpg(front load set modern)

22n5mv.jpg

k20qdt.jpg

coin op washers and dryers apartments (uni dorms if there a uni expansionpack 1 day and laundromat) and full room to add to actual home as well

2m4x2eu.jpg

34y3cy1.jpg
feel free to post as well

If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

Comments

• SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I really want the space saving one for apartments and micro houses, along with more traditional sets. Most of my builds already have laundry rooms, but the w/d are only deco. I'm sooo ready for the real thing!
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    I'd love a space saving one, as well as both modern and retro washers and dryers! I'd also like a clothes horse or a washline!
    Krisha880 wrote: »
    I'd love a space saving one, as well as both modern and retro washers and dryers! I'd also like a clothes horse or a washline!

Definitely need a clothesline! It wouldn't be Eco without it :)

• Hobbitmama75Hobbitmama75 Posts: 75 Member
    Personally I'd prefer the front loading machines, as we in Europe don't tend to have the top-loading ones quite so much. Clotheslines, laundry baskets, yes - there's a load of really good ideas on the list of simmers that signed up to expressing and interest in this pack. Sewing machines and knitting would be amazing too, maybe even rug-making?
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    My top wish would be retro machines like in the images above. In lots of dodgy pastel, off-white and pea-green type colours. And a couple of shiny red and aqua swatches too for trendy retro loving sims!

electrolux-washer-and-dryer.jpg

I also think modern machines would be good for players who like a sleeker look.

And yes please to a washing line!!! And I like Krisha's suggestion of a clothes horse, maybe 2x1 tiles so I could place in the corner, or on the balcony, of a tiny apartment.

mS3LnixAwW0qJmG4Mkg8zFA.jpg
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited April 2017
    If it's an Eco-Living pack, I'd like to see a hand-laundry tub and washboard, and a clothesline. And a front-loading machine (IRL they're significantly more water-efficient).

But eco-living to me also says things like composting and then using the compost in a garden. Or keeping your energy costs down with solar panels. Or even going completely off the grid. I mean, I do want laundry. But I put the pack #2 (after getting a chance at funerals!) for reasons more to do with other kinds of lifestyle choices. Still would totally get it for the laundry though! But would hope it includes options that I'd recognize as energy- and water-efficient.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    If it's an Eco-Living pack, I'd like to see a hand-laundry tub and washboard, and a clothesline. And a front-loading machine (IRL they're significantly more water-efficient).

But eco-living to me also says things like composting and then using the compost in a garden. Or keeping your energy costs down with solar panels. Or even going completely off the grid. I mean, I do want laundry. But I put the pack #2 (after getting a chance at funerals!) for reasons more to do with other kinds of lifestyle choices. Still would totally get it for the laundry though! But would hope it includes options that I'd recognize as energy- and water-efficient.

Yeah like the greenhouse in Sims 2 I loved those and laundry it basically to me trying to make it a better home especially with solar it reminds so much of the PlantSims
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited April 2017
    @SimGuruGraham you guys could consider adding certain features as updates for the basegame right before an SP launch. ;) Or even take some ideas into game packs or expansions.
    Post edited by MrMonty96 on
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    An ironing board would be nice as well.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited April 2017
    When the sim needs to do laundry I would see the animation as the sim carrying a basket full of dirty clothes that they sort in front of the washer, and after selecting the cycle, wash and temperature they start the washer, put the clothes on the setting they set on the washer, put the laundry detergent and then focus on the rest of what they have to do. For example their job if they work from home or care for their kids if they're stay at home parents.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    Well, if we only get 1 washer, and the theme was presented as Eco-living and Eco-friendly, then I hope the one washer we get is actually Eco-friendly. So I would prefer front loading (with animations that can be reused for the dryer hopefully, no matter if it is front or top load?).

Leaving out the clothesline doesn't make much sense from a pack with that theme either. It would be way more understandable if the dryer has higher priority than clothes line, if the theme was Laundry, not Eco-living.
    edited April 2017
    ^^^ This. I'm all for taking shortcuts if it accomplishes the same task. Though I do want a stackable W/D and some form of conventional W/D set. I don't care if it's top or side loading. I love playing in apartments and micro-houses, so the appeal of a space saving stackable option would rank high with me. I know that may not be possible, but I'd love it if it were.

What options and features we ultimately receive is unknown at this point. We'll just have to wait and see how it comes out in the wash. Bah dum dum tssss.... Thanks, I'll be here all week!

edited April 2017
    "When the sim needs to do laundry I would see the animation as the sim carrying a basket full of dirty clothes that they sort in front of the washer, and after selecting the cycle, wash and temperature they start the washer, put the clothes on the setting they set on the washer, put the laundry detergent and then focus on the rest of what they have to do. For example their job if they work from home or care for their kids if they're stay at home parents.

Oh yes! Good point about putting in the powder or detergent! I'd like deco clutter for that too.
    I love playing in apartments and micro-houses, so the appeal of a space saving stackable option would rank high with me. I know that may not be possible, but I'd love it if it were.

If stackable added too much to animation time, how about an all-in-one washer AND dryer machine? So it just takes up the one tile and leaves counter space free? Would that be an acceptable option?
    @Cinderellimouse are you talking about a combo washer dryer like this of course it would have to be smaller to fit under a counter

2w50v2q.jpg

^ Yes, something like that.
    edited April 2017
    I love playing in apartments and micro-houses, so the appeal of a space saving stackable option would rank high with me. I know that may not be possible, but I'd love it if it were.

If stackable added too much to animation time, how about an all-in-one washer AND dryer machine? So it just takes up the one tile and leaves counter space free? Would that be an acceptable option?

That would be nice, but I would like to have separate washers and dryers as well for larger rooms.

@Cinderellimouse - I would be totally down for an all-in-one space saving unit with the same animations. That would probably work better so that the sims don't also have to reach upwards. Under the counter would be a neat idea, especially when living in a camper or tiny house. A unit like that could fit this kind of space (although I'd probably have to move some clutter to make it accessible):

32763671301_bc9f35684e_b.jpg

and then also have a more traditional set. The second W/D is probably more feasible, since both would only need one animation:

33783076326_bdfe8424bc_b.jpg
    33783078906_f5aa8cc8d3_b.jpg

lexus20 wrote: »

That would be nice, but I would like to have separate washers and dryers as well for larger rooms.

Oh yes! I meant that we'd still have the usual separate machines, but the combo machine would be in addition to those.

This pic is so cute! I love the clutter. And it looks very down-to-earth and homely. I'd love an ironing board as well! Even if it was just modelled on a hall table.

Oh yes! I meant that we'd still have the usual separate machines, but the combo machine would be in addition to those.

This pic is so cute! I love the clutter. And it looks very down-to-earth and homely. I'd love an ironing board as well! Even if it was just modelled on a hall table.

Thanks, I love to make "useless rooms" for my builds. I have several laundry rooms I made saved to my Library, so I can plop one down whenever I'm building. I'm also obsessed with clutter as you can see lol. Hopefully, my laundry rooms won't be so useless after all.

Vacuum cleaners and brooms would be nice too as decor (since I think there are way too many objects already to make functional, like the washer, dryer, clothes line, hamper, and maybe ironing board, plus the non-laundry related eco-friendly objects).

Thanks, I love to make "useless rooms" for my builds. I have several laundry rooms I made saved to my Library, so I can plop one down whenever I'm building. I'm also obsessed with clutter as you can see lol. Hopefully, my laundry rooms won't be so useless after all.

Me too, I almost always build a decorative laundry room in my builds, since it looks more realistic, but I would love for them not to be just decorative anymore.

Me too, I almost always build a decorative laundry room in my builds, since it looks more realistic, but I would love for them not to be just decorative anymore.

I like that idea! I don't have laundry rooms in the game yet, but I do make little sheds for gardening clutter. But it's for the same reason, it just adds a bit of realism and character to the game!
    @Cinderellimouse what would be fun with laundry in the game would be if the sims mom see her kids with messy clothes she gets a negative moodlet as well as her emotion being angry if she organizing a fancy dinner for her husband 's boss where she ask her own children to entertain her husband boss children if he has kids and he brough them with his wife if she see after spending all morning doing laundry and house cleaning as well as preparing the meal that her own kids mess up there clean clothes?