Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims lab! | Finding out how sims work!

LuckyKittenCatLuckyKittenCat Posts: 4,640 Member
The Sims Laboratory

Sul Sul! I have created this thread to make sense of how sims works! I'm not talking about code here, but actual behavior, emotions, and the world around them!
You can help be a scientist by posting on this thread & help figure out the nature of sims!!

Ranks (In order from greatest to least):

Original Poster * Creator of the thread. Decides the topics to be discussed and researched.

Head Scientist * Posts most often, helps solve situations, and is quite wise. Also, leader of most Scientist Leaders. This thread is in their favorites in order to be here often. Full time.

Scientist Tester * Goes into the game and gathers data from actual sims games. Needs most expansion packs and sims games to work. This thread is in their favorites in order to be here often. Full time.

Scientist Leader * Leader of a private message. Due to the fact there can be up to 5 scientists per PM, there will be multiple. This thread is in their favorites in order to be here often. Full time.

Scientist * Someone who posts here quite often and discusses. Part time.

Tester * Doesn't require all games & EPs. Rarely posts.

Discusser * Discusses the game & data. Rarely posts.

These ranks don't matter. They just state what you could be doing.

Users:

@Alyssa4Life * Scientist Tester
@Hermitgirl * Tester

None else, yet.

Topics:

Sims Language!
Now, I am fairly certain the sims does not have a REAL language, and might just be nonsense, mostly.
But, what if there were actual words besides "sul sul"? There has to be at least SOME connections?
Progress: 1% complete

How long are sims pregnant?
Now, most sims are fun to control, but it gets boring when they are pregnant! You wait for something for who knows how many sim days!
So, what if there was a specific number of days?
Progress:50% complete

(No other topics)

Have Fun!! This Thread Was Designed For It ^.^''

-Lucky =^.^=
I am undead! :smiley:
Post edited by LuckyKittenCat on

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yibs! Sounds like fun actually.
    I know there have been sim language things posted I don't know if some words seem to differ from game version to game version. Maybe I'll be the first post and get some easy ones.
    Yibs- Yes
    Nooboo or Nubu- baby
    egTcBMc.png
  • LuckyKittenCatLuckyKittenCat Posts: 4,640 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I know there have been sim language things posted I don't know if some words seem to differ from game version to game version. Maybe I'll be the first post and get some easy ones.
    Yibs- Yes
    Nooboo or Nubu- baby

Wow! I actually didn't know that.. Guess I don't have many legacy challenges x'D
    Yibs- Yes
    Nooboo or Nubu- baby

Want to join? What rank do you want to be?
    Yibs- Yes
    Nooboo or Nubu- baby

Want to join? What rank do you want to be?

they are actually not ranks- just little things.. some matter more than others x3
    Yibs- Yes
    Nooboo or Nubu- baby

Let's start with an easy research. You know how in sims 3 (I would post in sims 3 discussions, but there is no category for this :/) you get the option to change their voices? They give you a sample of it, and sometimes laugh? Or when your sim jokes about something.
    I won't call a rank yet but I'm playing a lot and like to test stuff in game sometimes :). I could be a tester but I have everything so far right now I'm "testing" vamps.
    egTcBMc.png
    Let's start with an easy research. You know how in sims 3 (I would post in sims 3 discussions, but there is no category for this :/) you get the option to change their voices? They give you a sample of it, and sometimes laugh? Or when your sim jokes about something.

I didn't play Sims 3 but I played the other ones. Only 4 is installed right now. I know about changing voices in 4 and the unfortunate voice bug when you age up teenage males.

egTcBMc.png
    I won't call a rank yet but I'm playing a lot and like to test stuff in game sometimes :). I could be a tester but I have everything so far right now I'm "testing" vamps.

you could be a normal tester? a tester that comes and goes whenever- I mean, everyone does that here, but ... Testers are less active than scientist testers ^ .^

I didn't play Sims 3 but I played the other ones. Only 4 is installed right now. I know about changing voices in 4 and the unfortunate voice bug when you age up teenage males.

lol.. I am imagining it..
    anyways, there CAN be multiple topics at once, you know :) got any suggestions? some burning questions about sims 3- something that could take time- but have many questions answered? :33333
    edited April 2017
    @Hermitgirl has been made a tester!
    @Hermitgirl has been made a tester!

only because EVERYONE who posts here is given a role! even if they only post once!
    Oh, I liked the idea of figuring out more of what they are saying or coming to a consensus anyway. I'll be a normal tester sounds good :).
    Right now I'm trying to figure out under what conditions do vamps not bother you if your sim has already invited them in and met some. I'm in OR and sure enough Vlad came to the hermit's place the first night he was there. Had already invited him in his home but wasn't sure they would show up in OR though.. Didn't try to bite my sim though could be because he was awake. I like to look into things like that.. something to do while playing or even I steer my play around it if not in some sort of story mode.
    egTcBMc.png
    Oh, I liked the idea of figuring out more of what they are saying or coming to a consensus anyway. I'll be a normal tester sounds good :).
    Right now I'm trying to figure out under what conditions do vamps not bother you if your sim has already invited them in and met some. I'm in OR and sure enough Vlad came to the hermit's place the first night he was there. Had already invited him in his home but wasn't sure they would show up in OR though.. Didn't try to bite my sim though could be because he was awake. I like to look into things like that.. something to do while playing or even I steer my play around it if not in some sort of story mode.

I don't have the vampires EP :|
    @LuckyKittenCat That's okay I just got it. Anyway sometimes I do look for answers for things so it sounds like it could be a helpful thread too.
    egTcBMc.png
    Currently, I am more active with sims 3, AND sims 3 is more buggy. So you will have to keep me up to date with the 'better' game xD
    @LuckyKittenCat That's okay I just got it. Anyway sometimes I do look for answers for things so it sounds like it could be a helpful thread too.

yeah! AND if we find official answers/breakthroughs to some topics, we could label the page numbers the breakthroughs are in the original post! :333333
    Currently, I am more active with sims 3, AND sims 3 is more buggy. So you will have to keep me up to date with the 'better' game xD

Lol let's not do the better stuff. We love our sims. We have our favorites. It all sounds good though.
    egTcBMc.png

Lol let's not do the better stuff. We love our sims. We have our favorites. It all sounds good though.

:D
    This thread is confusing.

edited April 2017
    Actually, here is a better question!
    How long are sims pregnancies? To test this, I have designed a test simulation, and have a starting save, so I can reset these sims anytime!

test.png
    They are all clones, simply to test theories and answer questions! Oh, and the weird looking one? That's the scientist.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    How long are sims pregnancies? To test this, I have designed a test simulation, and have a starting save, so I can reset these sims anytime!

test.png
    They are all clones, simply to test theories and answer questions! Oh, and the weird looking one? That's the scientist.

Ehm... but that's not sims 4?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    I'd love to do some testing around here and help out with stuff. Sometimes I get a little bored in my sims games and I'd love to experiment! What can I help with?
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white

test.png

Ehm... but that's not sims 4?

Yeah, and there is no sims 3 thread/allsimsgames
    Besides, this thread is kinda for both games. I just forget to make the family later..
    UniSims wrote: »
    I'd love to do some testing around here and help out with stuff. Sometimes I get a little bored in my sims games and I'd love to experiment! What can I help with?

Anything, honestly! You say you want to test? Wanna be a science tester or a regular one? :3
    Day 1. Sims try for a baby
    Day 2. All sims that tried for a baby realize they are pregnant
    Day 3. nothing much
    Day 4. Pregnancies for all sims!
    Who may be interested
    @Zinniavanilla @Alyssa4Life @DivaEvie07