Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC Amounts and Essentials

2...Next

Comments

• PhoenixArrandePhoenixArrande Posts: 106 Member
    @JULES1111 thank you bunches! im getting so tired of digging through mounds of CC i don't like :D
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @elanorbreton @PhoenixArrande You are both quite welcome. :) Yes watch out, it can be a very dangerous thing to keep looking there! :D It has certainly expanded my downloads folder :blush:
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Do you know what is really bad? Going on a downloading spree, clicking on everything in sight (only a slight exaggeration there lol) and then later having no knowledge of what each individual item is... sigh.

Sorting them out is an impossible task, looks like I will have to delete most of my new downloads and start all over again.

Looks like I will also have to re-familiarise myself with SimPE too, as some clothing needs re-categorising.
    Do you know what is really bad? Going on a downloading spree, clicking on everything in sight (only a slight exaggeration there lol) and then later having no knowledge of what each individual item is... sigh.

Sorting them out is an impossible task, looks like I will have to delete most of my new downloads and start all over again.

Looks like I will also have to re-familiarise myself with SimPE too, as some clothing needs re-categorising.

:D Been there done that a few times. Your looking at the downloads like ummmm???? Sometimes I am lazy and just throw everything in it's own folder with the date as the name. Bad I know...I have gotten lazier about sorting as time has gone on. My folder is a mess right now. :D
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Sometimes I am lazy and just throw everything in it's own folder with the date as the name. Bad I know...I have gotten lazier about sorting as time has gone on. My folder is a mess right now. :D
    *faints at the thought* :o:D

Lol, I am really OCD with organising things so there is no way I could do that. I rename every single download I have so that they all follow the same format, then they are separated into folders, such as Clothing, Hair etc, then into subfolders such as Everyday, Sleep etc.

I came across some of my old downloads that had not been renamed into the correct format and had to go lie down for half an hour :D:D

I downloaded the awesome Cat Of Evil Genius's huge leggings pack and have spent the morning searching for long tops to go with them. I'm now making sure to file each one as I download it!!!
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

I hear ya :joy: Been down this route too many times!
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Sometimes I am lazy and just throw everything in it's own folder with the date as the name. Bad I know...I have gotten lazier about sorting as time has gone on. My folder is a mess right now. :D
    *faints at the thought* :o:D

Lol, I am really OCD with organising things so there is no way I could do that. I rename every single download I have so that they all follow the same format, then they are separated into folders, such as Clothing, Hair etc, then into subfolders such as Everyday, Sleep etc.

I came across some of my old downloads that had not been renamed into the correct format and had to go lie down for half an hour :D:D

I downloaded the awesome Cat Of Evil Genius's huge leggings pack and have spent the morning searching for long tops to go with them. I'm now making sure to file each one as I download it!!!

LOL I know I was totally OCD with it at first. I have a ton of folders all sorted nice, but then I have my recent downloads from the last few months just kind of....there... :D Oooh I love Cat Of Evil Genius's stuff. I have quite a bit myself. :)
  • Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    @elanorbreton
    May I ask which lashes you are using? :smile:
    I dont have my downloads folder sorted at all :grimace: It's certainly better to have at least subfolders though, I guess.
    @Sally1502 if you mean the ones in the pics, I'm sorry but I don't remember. But there were only 3 variations to them.

I ended up deleting those ones because I found some that were nicer - I now use Iced Mango's All About Eyes - http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=323484 - these ones have more variety and are more natural looking imo, I love them in game so will be keeping them.
  • Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    @elanorbreton
    That's okay. :smile: I stumbled upon those as I was looking at bruno's stuff:
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=345230
    Maybe it's them? Anyway, I like them and thought I'd share thaha. :smile:

Thank you for the link to the other ones! They look nice indeed.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Thanks guys! i'm redownloading ts2 again and needed some help with cc. Anyone know a good way to organize? LOL I usually have my CC everywhere
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
    Thanks guys! i'm redownloading ts2 again and needed some help with cc. Anyone know a good way to organize? LOL I usually have my CC everywhere

I tend to organise mine in the same way as the sims 3 store, eg. a folder each for appliances, comfort, surfaces, clothing etc. Then inside each would be subfolders so, for example, inside surfaces would be counters, coffee tables, dining tables etc. Inside clothing is everyday, sleep, outerwear etc.

I also rename every single file I download so that I know exactly what it is, eg. EverydayAF_SummerDress_Mesh and then EverydayAF_SummerDress_red (for one recolour). This shows it is an everyday item for adult female, a description in the middle, and then whether it is the mesh or the relevant colour of it for each recolour. Following this format, I find it very easy to locate a particular item later if I decide I want to delete it or recolour it.

I think whatever works best for you. I have folders for every different thing, then sub folders in those folders to separate things even further. Like I will have a teen male clothing folder, and the sub folders would be everyday (broken into other sub folders for outfits, pants, shirts), underwear, pajamas, outerwear, ect ect. Of course while I was good at keeping my folders organized before, don't look at them now! :joy: I have gotten lazy in the sorting part...don't do that, it is almost impossible to fix once you start slacking. :/

Oh and you should definitely have a folder just called testing, so anything new you drop in the game will be easy to find should it start to cause a issue. If it looks ok after playing a bit, you can put the CC into its proper folder after. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    What a beautiful sim, I am not sure which sites you may like but mod the sims, sims resource.
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
    Thank you @elanorbreton for starting this thread! I just got my Ultimate Collection, and the replies over here were very helpful for me too :). My game is starting to look pretty good (and getting bigger and bigger, tee hee)!

Oh yay! The UC is fab, I hope you have lots of fun in your cc filled game!