Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Leashes and Skirts [PART ONE OF EP 1 RELEASED]

Comments

• KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Basic Information updated.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
    Just for some players looking for ideas, this web page shows some really cute dog breeds :3
    ._.
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Reserve me please :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    YJB19299 wrote: »
    Reserve me please :)

Awesome sauce!!
    ._.
    @Alleenmens @ninjakid150 @M13Vulpecula @YJB19299 @Tigerblu11 @CeltyGirly @icmnfrsh may I ask what animals are you intending to submit? I'd like to ensure that we won't end up having a unicorn squad :joy:
    ._.
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    No unicorns 4 sure. ;)
    Banner.png
    No unicorns 4 sure. ;)

Good choice :p
    ._.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Probably a large-sized dog
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Ooh, a mastiff? A Tibetian mastiff? :smiley:

Remember one thing though, I don't really care how unreal your animals look like as long as they are unique and can be distinguished. We don't want to end up having a group of dogs and cats that looks so similar, right?
    ._.
    I actually haven't given it much thought yet. Maybe this weekend, or when I'm free.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    @Alleenmens @ninjakid150 @M13Vulpecula @YJB19299 @Tigerblu11 @CeltyGirly @icmnfrsh may I ask what animals are you intending to submit? I'd like to ensure that we won't end up having a unicorn squad :joy:

Probably a cat :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    No worries guys. I'm still waiting for the remaining spots to be taken and at the meantime you can start to develop your animal's personality ;) Hope more people will be willing to join soon
    ._.
  • TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    edited April 2017

Ooh, a mastiff? A Tibetian mastiff? :smiley:

Remember one thing though, I don't really care how unreal your animals look like as long as they are unique and can be distinguished. We don't want to end up having a group of dogs and cats that looks so similar, right?

Yeah, the only thing to worry about is distinguishability. :o
    Gotta make sure it's not just a bunch of brown dogs and black cats.... And white unicorns. :p
    I am eager to see the variety for sure though. In the small chance I do join, I'd likely do a dog (or Paddy the Parrot. :joy: jk)
    edited April 2017
    Turner wrote: »
    I am eager to see the variety for sure though. In the small chance I do join, I'd likely do a dog (or Paddy the Parrot. :joy: jk)

So are you still considering? :p Parrots are fine though. They are mostly portable and fit well in a pocket.
    ._.
  • TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    Turner wrote: »

So are you still considering? :p Parrots are fine though. They are mostly portable and fit well in a pocket.

I usually have a rule not to sign up for too many shows-- it's easier and more fun to manage just a small handful for me. :p I get easily overwhelmed and lose track of alliances and things, so I'm not sure yet. I try to have only one show per category (BB vs Survivor vs Who-is-it?), but this doesn't exactly fit any one category, does it? :lol:

Actually, you're right. A parrot wouldn't be too bad, especially if you have a human host. Parrots have a lot of range to fly around too, sadly, I don't think you can change their color at all.
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Ok, this sounds interesting. I do have a horse I could enter. Her name is Patchwork Galaxy. Here are her pictures.

19903171331_db876e752d.jpg

19898123815_779d4cd7a3_z.jpg

I made a family of horses as a gift for a gift exchange here on the forums a few years ago (here's the link).

Patchwork is the child. Her parents are...

Grey Musket

19687389660_fff060ecf4_b.jpg

and

Starry Night

19264111743_fb07df282b_b.jpg

Plus I made them a stable...

19713265440_d734a01452_b.jpg

...and a beautiful house for their humans...

19910214472_3364fd162f_b.jpg

I'm not a builder but I worked on all that stuff and finished it in a month. I still find it to be the best work I've ever done. <3

So, I'd love to put Patchwork Galaxy in as a contestant. I can easily age her up to an adult, but if you'd prefer a "child" horse to be in, please let me know.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    She looks amazing, Lo! And the house looks good too. I'd want to live there.

• lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    She looks amazing, Lo! And the house looks good too. I'd want to live there.

And I <3 her name, too. She's just so different, which is what I like best about her. You should see the inside (unless you already did, then nvm)! It's where I'd want to live. <3 (And thanks!)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,722 Member
    Aww... Jason and Jana... <3
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Awww, so cool Lo! So much eye for detail, so beautiful! :)
    Banner.png
    Thanks for joining lo!!

Patchwork sure looks like coated with a layer of glitter! She is a very glamorous-looking horse :3

By the way, you decide. Whether you want to submit her as a pony/ horse. It's completely up to you. ;)
    ._.
    edited April 2017
    Okay so here I have the finalised application form. The ones in bold are the lastest updates. I apologise for any minor changes caused. :p You can also view this on the front page.

Application Form

1. Full Name of Your Pet: [the one they call themselves, such as the Highness of Inverness Monroe Julianna George-Benedicts something like that]

2. Name known (given) by their owner: [if your pet does have or did have an owner or a name that was given to them by any familiar sim of theirs, such as Mona Fluffy Ball]

3. Gender?

4. What animal is your pet? [Cats/Dogs/Horses/Other animals you name as long as you can make them]

5. Age? [Don't bother to answer this in exact number just simply answer as baby/young adult/elderly]

6. Breed? [you can make up your own breed, I won't mind at all ;)]

7. Sexuality? (don't laugh)

8. Favourite Food? (maybe triple-tip steak instead of James Wellbeloved)

9. Favourite Hobby? (Sleeping? Sneaking up ladies at a pool party? Chewing baby heads? Eating crayons? You name it :p)

10. Use a few (3-5) phrases to describe your animal: ["the Ultimate Toddler-Frightenor", "the Noble Stick-Chaser", "the Fussy Trash-Eater"]

11. FIVE Pet Traits that best describe your animal's personality. [Please give a short description for each of them as I'd like to know as much as possible about your character but if you are not sure about what the animal traits are, you can always click here to check it.]

12. Background Story: [This should be quite lengthy as I would need to collect as much info as possible of your animal. Just like us humans, animals do have their reasonings behind their actions. Why are they running away from their owner? Maybe they're tired of living in that old house that smells of nothing but old socks? Because they cannot stand the leftover porridges that their previous owner used to feed them? Because of a new-born child to the household? How did they end up being a money-making machine for humans? Who says animals don't have feelings? Why is that dog used to working at a local Vietnamese restaurant? My cat is secretly a good snorkeller? Anything you want to include. Doesn't need to be 100% realistic though. Funny huh? Talking about realism in a game called Sims.]

13. From 1 to 10 with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, how would you rank your animal with each of the following (put the numbers in the square brackets):

[] obedience
    [] independence
    [] nobility (don't laugh, some pure breed animals sure are proud of themselves)
    [] loyalty
    [] intelligence
    [] modesty
    [] perceptivity
    [] aqua-friendliness (do they like water, in general?)
    [] materialistic-behaviour (some animals are actually miniature humans)
    [] self-esteem (confidence)
    [] patience
    [] volume (do they make a lot noises)
    [] laziness
    [] human-friendliness (how much they like to hang out with humans)
    [] bravery
    [] tidiness
    [] insecurity
    [] activeness

14. Introduction: [Should contain at least a few sentences. Please write in ENGLISH. This would reveal your animal's personality and should be written from their perspective (point of view) as introducing themselves to the others. It should include their names (real name and pet name) who they are, where they live (a sim world or a real world, doesn't matter), with whom (or are they alone), what they think humans are (stuffed bigs, arrogant barbarians), their families (the owner's family or do your animals have a family of their owns), and what do they wish to accomplish throughout their lives so on and so forth]

15. Possible Character Development: [Please give me a basic idea of any possible storyline for your animal during the journey: possible enemies/friends/events that might happen/even romance etc... Note that this is not an one-off thing. It takes a while for a unique, unforgettable personality to be moulded, animals need time to "evolve" as time may shape them into a different figure depending on who and what they have encountered at different life-stages. In fact, it is a continuous process that eventually changes who we really are.]

16. Strengths (please briefly describe them)

17. Weaknesses/Flaws (as above, short description would suffice)

please just copy and paste your answers below

13. (numbers in square brackets)

[] obedience
    [] independence
    [] nobility (don't laugh, some pure breed animals sure are proud of themselves)
    [] loyalty
    [] intelligence
    [] modesty
    [] perceptivity
    [] aqua-friendliness (do they like water, in general?)
    [] materialistic-behaviour (some animals are actually miniature humans)
    [] self-esteem (confidence)
    [] patience
    [] volume (do they make a lot noises)
    [] laziness
    [] human-friendliness (how much they like to hang out with humans)
    [] bravery
    [] tidiness
    [] insecurity
    [] activeness

*you can choose to PM me the above once you are finished or send it to me through email :p Thanks. Also, please do NOT post any information regarding this application on this thread, thank you for the co-operation
    Post edited by Kelvin on
    ._.
    I created our dog, Baxter:
    Screenshot-271.jpg

I haven't come up with the biographical details (maybe some other time), but I've already saved his sim file in TS3. :)

This is him (it's hard to take a picture because he doesn't like standing still):
    20170405_204848.jpg