Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Leashes and Skirts [PART ONE OF EP 1 RELEASED]

Comments

• TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    I lived in the country, so I never bathed my cats. They were indoor/outdoor cats and took care of themselves. However, I might if the cat was say sprayed by a skunk or something. I'd try to wrap their feet in something, though. I ain't gettin' scratched. lol

Yeah, same. Our cats have already been indoor/outdoor, took care of themselves, etc. I don't think we could bathe them with shooting a tranquilizer dart at them first hahaha
    I'm actually really surprised none of our animals have been sprayed by a skunk yet. I smell skunk at least once a week.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    What. My comment didn't get posted. Anyway, I love the episode. The animals are so cute. And I like Cheddar. :D He reminds me of our old dog, who was a bit of a grump too
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    Lovely episode, Choco. Beautiful and stunning as always, and those animals are super adorable. :)

My poor Esme. I expected for the others to distance themselves from her, but it hurts to witness it happening when the other contestants seem so friendly. :( I hope they warm to her soon enough.

Excited for more. :)
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    What. My comment didn't get posted. Anyway, I love the episode. The animals are so cute. And I like Cheddar. :D He reminds me of our old dog, who was a bit of a grump too

Well, actually you did :p It's in the Reality Show Community Thread :D

Glad to know that you like the episode. I have noticed that the screen time of individual contestant is not enough since this is only a premiere episode where the hosts are trying to explain stuff and greet the contestants. Starting from next episode the show will heavily focus on the six contestants and their stories and I will try to allocate equal screen time for everyone's pet (one major advantage for having a small number of contestant is that you can write their stories a lot more in depth :D ).
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
    Tigerblu11 wrote: »
    Lovely episode, Choco. Beautiful and stunning as always, and those animals are super adorable. :)

My poor Esme. I expected for the others to distance themselves from her, but it hurts to witness it happening when the other contestants seem so friendly. :( I hope they warm to her soon enough.

Excited for more. :)

I wouldn't worry about that. I'm sure Esme would be able to use her own charm to change their views on her as they get to know each other more. First impressions are seldom accurate anyway :p
    ._.
    Also, to everyone: I'm still trying to figure out every contestant's speech pattern from their introduction. The aim of me doing this 'role-play' mission is to give myself a better idea of imitating speech as close to your style. If there is anything you'd like me to change or any tips for me writing your animal in terms of speech/accent language usage please feel free to drop me a wee/long PM and inform me the way you'd like it to be. I'd like to write your animals the way you'd wanted. Thanks :)
    ._.
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Well, actually you did :p It's in the Reality Show Community Thread :D

Glad to know that you like the episode. I have noticed that the screen time of individual contestant is not enough since this is only a premiere episode where the hosts are trying to explain stuff and greet the contestants. Starting from next episode the show will heavily focus on the six contestants and their stories and I will try to allocate equal screen time for everyone's pet (one major advantage for having a small number of contestant is that you can write their stories a lot more in depth :D ).

Things are so confusing these days :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    First, I wish I could do pics like you. Wow! Like seriously. Wow! Are you using a lighting mod in S3? From the sky, it almost looks like the cotton candy one from brntwaffles. Or maybe Perfect Day, which is what I use. And your doing far more than brightening/contrasting, right? Jealousy strikes as I try to understand how you do it. lol

Loved all the animals and the intro. Taco and Cheddar are awesome hosts. Love them both already. Galaxy will easily get along with everyone. At least, I think. Perhaps she could help some of them.

Loved this pic because of her pattern next to the stars.

to-the-barn_orig.png

And I found this picture hilarious. It looks like she's surrendering. lol

doro-is-doro_orig.png
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    First, I wish I could do pics like you. Wow! Like seriously. Wow! Are you using a lighting mod in S3? From the sky, it almost looks like the cotton candy one from brntwaffles. Or maybe Perfect Day, which is what I use. And your doing far more than brightening/contrasting, right? Jealousy strikes as I try to understand how you do it. lol

Loved all the animals and the intro. Taco and Cheddar are awesome hosts. Love them both already. Galaxy will easily get along with everyone. At least, I think. Perhaps she could help some of them.

to-the-barn_orig.png

doro-is-doro_orig.png

Haha, thank you Lo. I don't use my actions that often because for some reason it doesn't work on the newer version of photoshop and I'm still trying to create a newer one for future use. I'm currently experiencing one that I programmed sometime ago but the problem is that it doesn't work that well during nighttime when the lighting is so limited and everything seems so dark so I have to create another one specifically targeting the nighttime shots :D

And Brntwaffle's lighting mod? I cannot remember which one I used. I think I'm using Perfect Dat or Frozen Inspired or Berry? I'll have to check it but it's going to take sometime because I merged it with some package files haha :p

The star-filled night sky resembles the spotty pattern on Galaxy very well. I know she'd look special under the stars :3

Haha, you're right :joy: It looks like Doro's surrendering or something but I was intending her to do a diva-like pose with her front paws up like this:

article-2580573-1C45AACE00000578-541_634x676.jpg
    doro-is-doro_orig.png

okay I failed.
    ._.

to-the-barn_orig.png

doro-is-doro_orig.png

Haha, thank you Lo. I don't use my actions that often because for some reason it doesn't work on the newer version of photoshop and I'm still trying to create a newer one for future use. I'm currently experiencing one that I programmed sometime ago but the problem is that it doesn't work that well during nighttime when the lighting is so limited and everything seems so dark so I have to create another one specifically targeting the nighttime shots :D

And Brntwaffle's lighting mod? I cannot remember which one I used. I think I'm using Perfect Dat or Frozen Inspired or Berry? I'll have to check it but it's going to take sometime because I merged it with some package files haha :p

The star-filled night sky resembles the spotty pattern on Galaxy very well. I know she'd look special under the stars :3

Haha, you're right :joy: It looks like Doro's surrendering or something but I was intending her to do a diva-like pose with her front paws up like this:

doro-is-doro_orig.png

okay I failed.

Yeah, that's one thing I wish I could do is create my own actions. Oh well. lol There are a lot of free ones out there that I should download and try some day.

It looks like Berry or the Frozen. I don't remember Perfect Day being so pink. lol Though, once PD was created and I tried it, I've not tried anything else. It's my fav.

Oh! That makes more sense. lol You didn't fail. It's not like you could turn the hands to imitate it. lol I still like the pic.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member

to-the-barn_orig.png

doro-is-doro_orig.png

doro-is-doro_orig.png

okay I failed.

Screenshot-502.jpg

Diane: "Flames... On the side of my face..."

Close enuff. ;)
    Banner.png
    Turner wrote: »
    First off, I had no idea there were already episodes released for this! The read will have to wait for tomorrow though, for now, I just wanted to say my family has never washed any of our cats, as long as I've been alive. :p For the most part, it's unnecessary, but yeah, if they ever get into something really gross, or are sticky or smell bad, then it's probably a good idea. But none of my cats over my life have ever been anything more than just "a bit dirty", ie, some dirt and leaves. But petting them a few times takes care of that.
    We don't wash our dog either, because she doesn't need it. She doesn't have a noticeable "dog smell", nor does she have long fur. She's also not one to get super dirty or muddy, or even wet. I'd feel bad giving her a bath, because she would cower. She's only had one, when she was a pup. But anyway, yeah. It all depends on breed, behavior, and temperament. All pets I own don't need to be trimmed or bathed, and all of them hate water and none of them have rolled in mud, or been sprayed by a skunk or anything like that.
    I feel like I'm bragging (I am, lol, my pets are my kids), so I'll go away now.

Super excited to see this officially rebooted though! I scanned through the episode just to stare at all the beautiful pictures. :heart:

Haha, I apologise for making this seems a bit more confusing that it really is. Despite me calling it 'premiere pt 2' it's actually the official premiere itself. 'Love like you' was just a credit stuff XD where nothing really matters :p so strictly speaking it doesn't even count as an episode.

And back to the topic of bathing cats, yeah maybe they should do it themselves just like humans wouldn't want to be washed by an elephant with mud? :D I know there are some kids of my relatives' "punishing" cats by hurling them into a pond or something. To me that seems pretty cruel. I don't know I just feel kind of bad for the cat because I know I wouldn't want to be picked up and thrown into a pool or something. But holy chicken dood those cats CAN swim and they swam like there's no tomorrow just to get themselves out of the water so desperately though the sound of splashing water was completely covered by the kids' laughter. I'm a self-acclaimed dog person but I still feel bad for suffering cats and other animals. People really shouldn't fulfil their own entertainment needs on the expense of any poor animals' suffering :worried:

Ooh, good to know about that. I don't think I've never seen a skunk myself out of a zoo, not to mention what it smells like. I expect it to smell like spoiled eggs or something rotten? :p However, there are some cute little foxes near my university accommodation site :3 though I've only see it once XD
    ._.
    Turner wrote: »
    First off, I had no idea there were already episodes released for this! The read will have to wait for tomorrow though, for now, I just wanted to say my family has never washed any of our cats, as long as I've been alive. :p For the most part, it's unnecessary, but yeah, if they ever get into something really gross, or are sticky or smell bad, then it's probably a good idea. But none of my cats over my life have ever been anything more than just "a bit dirty", ie, some dirt and leaves. But petting them a few times takes care of that.
    We don't wash our dog either, because she doesn't need it. She doesn't have a noticeable "dog smell", nor does she have long fur. She's also not one to get super dirty or muddy, or even wet. I'd feel bad giving her a bath, because she would cower. She's only had one, when she was a pup. But anyway, yeah. It all depends on breed, behavior, and temperament. All pets I own don't need to be trimmed or bathed, and all of them hate water and none of them have rolled in mud, or been sprayed by a skunk or anything like that.
    I feel like I'm bragging (I am, lol, my pets are my kids), so I'll go away now.

Super excited to see this officially rebooted though! I scanned through the episode just to stare at all the beautiful pictures. :heart:

Haha, I apologise for making this seems a bit more confusing that it really is. Despite me calling it 'premiere pt 2' it's actually the official premiere itself. 'Love like you' was just a credit stuff XD where nothing really matters :p so strictly speaking it doesn't even count as an episode.

And back to the topic of bathing cats, yeah maybe they should do it themselves just like humans wouldn't want to be washed by an elephant with mud? :D I know there are some kids of my relatives' "punishing" cats by hurling them into a pond or something. To me that seems pretty cruel. I don't know I just feel kind of bad for the cat because I know I wouldn't want to be picked up and thrown into a pool or something. But holy chicken dood those cats CAN swim and they swam like there's no tomorrow just to get themselves out of the water so desperately though the sound of splashing water was completely covered by the kids' laughter. I'm a self-acclaimed dog person but I still feel bad for suffering cats and other animals. People really shouldn't fulfil their own entertainment needs on the expense of any poor animals' suffering :worried:

Ooh, good to know about that. I don't think I've never seen a skunk myself out of a zoo, not to mention what it smells like. I expect it to smell like spoiled eggs or something rotten? :p However, there are some cute little foxes near my university accommodation site :3 though I've only see it once XD

Really? I smell them all the time. Now, not because I go around poking skunks and getting sprayed. Bwahaha! But I can drive out into the country, heck even in town, and smell them. The smell is very strong and bitter, I feel. Like nothing you've ever smelled before. On a top 5 smelliest list, I'd say it ranks somewhere around 3. I've never smelled a dead body, though I've smelled dead animals, and those aren't pleasant either. Around here (and I'd assume anywhere else), the only way to get rid of the smell is to bathe in tomato sauce.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Really? I smell them all the time. Now, not because I go around poking skunks and getting sprayed. Bwahaha! But I can drive out into the country, heck even in town, and smell them. The smell is very strong and bitter, I feel. Like nothing you've ever smelled before. On a top 5 smelliest list, I'd say it ranks somewhere around 3. I've never smelled a dead body, though I've smelled dead animals, and those aren't pleasant either. Around here (and I'd assume anywhere else), the only way to get rid of the smell is to bathe in tomato sauce.

Ooh, wow :o I guess I'm lucky then :D I don't think we've got many skunks around where I live so that's probably why.

That reminds me of a YouTube video I watched about pets getting sprayed by skunk and they said one should not wash the pet with tomato sauce because that doesn't work that well instead of making your pet smell really weird (unless you like tomato-skunk combo smell :D ). They suggested using a mixed solution of soda water and some dish detergent (?) I don't really remember the details but I think it does contain something with bicarbonate salt :p Have you tried bathing your pet in tomato sauce, Lo? Does it work XD
    ._.
    I will be around tomorrow fairly often, but tomorrow evening I'll be on the road with my hubby traveling for 4'ish hours. Then, we have a conference over the next couple of days until Sunday. Then we drive back Sunday afternoon. I'll be spotty in this time but should be around with my phone and, hopefully, the laptop in the evenings. However, I won't have access to the game or anything.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    edited June 2017
    I will be around tomorrow fairly often, but tomorrow evening I'll be on the road with my hubby traveling for 4'ish hours. Then, we have a conference over the next couple of days until Sunday. Then we drive back Sunday afternoon. I'll be spotty in this time but should be around with my phone and, hopefully, the laptop in the evenings. However, I won't have access to the game or anything.

Okie dokie, thanks for letting me know, I think I'll try to reboot the first mission once I make sure everyone's around so don't worry Lo, you take your time and enjoy the trip :p I feel like it's been months since I halted the mission :joy:
    ._.

Ooh, wow :o I guess I'm lucky then :D I don't think we've got many skunks around where I live so that's probably why.

That reminds me of a YouTube video I watched about pets getting sprayed by skunk and they said one should not wash the pet with tomato sauce because that doesn't work that well instead of making your pet smell really weird (unless you like tomato-skunk combo smell :D ). They suggested using a mixed solution of soda water and some dish detergent (?) I don't really remember the details but I think it does contain something with bicarbonate salt :p Have you tried bathing your pet in tomato sauce, Lo? Does it work XD

Yeah, I always wondered if the whole tomato sauce thing was on old wive's tale or myth or something, I feel like soap would do a better job? But there's probably something in the tomato that counteracts the skunk smell, but still leaves your pet smelling like tomato which isn't ideal. If it happened to my dog, we'd probably wash her a dozen times with different scents and shampoos before we let her into the house. I'd feel bad making her sleep outside :p

And yeah, I'm with Lo on that, I smell skunk often, they get hit by cars frequently around here, and probably have to fight off cats and raccoons fairly often. Haven't smelled anything dead, but I imagine it's only slightly worse than skunk. COULD there be anything worse than a dead body? Other than a dead body sprayed by a skunk :lol:

to-the-barn_orig.png

doro-is-doro_orig.png

doro-is-doro_orig.png

okay I failed.

Screenshot-502.jpg

Diane: "Flames... On the side of my face..."

Close enuff. ;)

Hehehe.
    The Mission will resume in two days' time (28th Jun)
    ._.
    It's irrelevant to the mission but I just experienced a brutal buccal thunderstorm with my dentist. It hurts plum just to get my wisdom teeth (2 of them, on the same side) pulled out :bawling: Thank goodness it's over now. Now I can't feel my tongue or anything in my month because of the anaesthetics :b
    ._.
    It's irrelevant to the mission but I just experienced a brutal buccal thunderstorm with my dentist. It hurts plum just to get my wisdom teeth (2 of them, on the same side) pulled out :bawling: Thank goodness it's over now. Now I can't feel my tongue or anything in my month because of the anaesthetics :b

Oh yeah, that's happened to me before. Wisdom tooth extractions suck. Hope it heals quickly :)

Ugh, I still remember when I was going through that trouble. :grimace::sweat:
    Banner.png
    One tooth at the bottom was taken out in pieces. My dentist dug it out from the gum with a dental drill. I still have stitches at the wound.
    ._.
    One tooth at the bottom was taken out in pieces. My dentist dug it out from the gum with a dental drill. I still have stitches at the wound.

:dizzy:
    Banner.png

:dizzy:

Just... reading that makes my own gum... aaargh.

HUGE hopes the pain will go away soon.
    Banner.png