Jasmine Holiday is back with an all new Spring Challenge! Find out more on our blog.
April 13, 2017 - It's Patch Day in The Sims 4! Check out whats fixed and whats new.
The Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff Pack Out Now! READ MORE ON THE BLOG

Leashes and Skirts: A Sims 3 Interactive Series [SIGN-UPS OPEN!!!]

ChocoCubChocoCub Posts: 2,286 Member
edited April 24 in Stories and Legacies
Animals may never understand why humans are being such a control freak and decided that adding animal features into a so-called 'life-simulating game' would be a jolly good idea.

The truth is, no (probably the majority of) animals or pets, just like us humans wanted to be controlled and treated like a prisoner. They deserve freedom and the right to live the way they want to be. As the saying goes, you only live once (cats excluded). :p
h1twIr9rgJGhXnJrcTKDxRIc4SbBvqWw1iYn89VuUyqvWy1w3We5RMePsR3zP85y%20copy_zps1uejnx8x.png

Despite the great effort of scientists and zoologists, the media of communication amongst various animal species are yet to be explained, what we humans are not aware of is the fact that animals communicate just like us. We have different mother tongues and dialects spoken all over the globe and so does the animals. There has always been a great misunderstanding of animal intelligence. Animals are competent in solving tasks as well as making full use of their outstanding abilities such as the sense of smell and hearing. They are physically stronger and much more sensorily perceptive than normal human beings. The communication barrier between human and animals causes us to underestimate their true abilities and now it's time for them to overturn the situation and prove that we have been wrong all along.

This interactive series would mainly focus on a number of animals from different backgrounds (pets or stray pets or wild animals), they will be faced with many difficulties and challenges as they progress through 'their journey'.

The Gameplay involves numerous roles of animals as I shall introduce them right now:

1. Good Companion

They resemble the word 'loyalty', the word 'loyalty' spells for them. Good Companion players should try and identify the saboteur and safe themselves from elimination by winning the immunity through challenges/missions or stickers.

2. The Saboteur

Keep them away from the fishtanks. Keep them away from the dustbin. Keep them away from the children. They are the destructor. Inside and out. They will try everything possible to prevent the group from having a smooth journey. The Saboteur's ultimate goal is to become the sole winner of the show. They will try to sabotage the challenges while remain undetected by the Alsatian. Like the Alsatian, each round the saboteur will choose 1 player who they suspect to be the Alsatian for removal. Only when the Alsatian has been correctly chosen will the player be eliminated from the game.

3. The Alsatian

Eyes open. Listen Carefully. Is someone plotting against each other? It will be the Alsatian's duty to find out what's actually going on... before the saboteur removes them from 'the journey'. The Alsatian is the detective of this show. Their mission is to identify the saboteur correctly and make the arrest. For each round, the player with this role will have to attempt to ‘question’ any 1 player. If the suspect chosen is indeed the saboteur, the player will then be arrested and eliminated for good. But is that the end of this show…?

4. The Fox

The Fox is the fox: They are cunning and untrustworthy. Despite being the saboteur’s accomplice, they will possess a ‘Hidden identity’. This Hidden identity will give a false information to the Alsatian as them being a normal player when picked for questioning. Their Hidden identity will only last until the original saboteur has been removed from the game and at the same time the fox will simply ‘inherit’ the role of the saboteur.

Challenges are some sort of activities where RL players need to participate. It will either be a group challenge or an individual task. The highest achiever of the challenges will be rewarded with immunity which they can either choose to use or save it for later.

The Saboteur MCQ is the quiz with questions regarding the saboteur that each RL player needs (everyone, including the Saboteur) to complete. Those who gain immunity will be exempted from taking the quiz for that particular round.

Elimination/execution is the process in which one player with the lowest mark (except the saboteur) being asked to leave the game and the elimination ceremony will take place in the following episode.

Group Challenge plays a key role in determining the direction that the animals will be heading towards. They need 'sponsors' to help them go on with the journey. And in order to gain help from the sponsors, they need to complete certain assignments (group mission) in return.

Sponsors are those kind-hearted human beings who underestimate animal intelligence. They are not as smart as they think they are but they make really good quality biscuits.

The Twist

kUoAmu6.jpg

These stickers (from left to right) have following functions:

Sticker 1. The Umbrella
Your role will be hidden for that particular round

Sticker 2. NO SWITCHING!!
You can only prevent your MCQ result from being switched by using this card

Sticker 3. Captain Revival
Put your cap on, you’re now in charge. For players with normal role (Good Companion) only. Causes permanent role switch to the Alsatian

Sticker 4. Switch My Ranking/MCQ Score with…
Automatically switches your result with any one player you choose… You sure about that? This card cannot be used by the saboteur

Sticker 5. False Alarm
You are now automatically marked as an Alsatian for that one round which means you are now susceptible for removal if picked by the saboteur

Sticker 6. Save the Alsatian/or the Fox!!
Secretly pass-on the elimination penalty to the player who got the second-lowest mark if the Alsatian/fox scored the lowest in a challenge. This card will lose its use once the corresponding role has been eliminated.

Sticker 7. Additional FIVE points added to your quiz
Not sure if 5 points really helps but it's still better than nothing, right?

Sticker 8. Let Me Solve the Case
Choose one person who you think might be the saboteur

Sticker 8: Immunity
Excuse yourself from sitting MCQ once by using this sticker

the_sims_3_pets_conceptart_V7eyd.png

Welcome to Leashes & Skirts, A Sims 3 Interactive Series... exclusively for animals :grin:

Interested to join? Please fill in the application form below :wink:
Post edited by ChocoCub on

Comments

• ChocoCubChocoCub Posts: 2,286 Member
    edited April 21
    Q & A

1. So... what the plum is this thing again? Is it a show or a story or a role-play or a legacy challenge?

-This is not a legacy challenge or a pure story. This is an "interactive series" where RL players submit their characters (usually sims but in this case, animals) into the show. It does involve some elements of role-playing as those from the Reality Show Community shall be very familiar with. All RL players will contribute to the making of the story by either submitting an "Action Diary Entry" or "Diary Entry (DRE)" where the individuals are given a chance to reveal their thoughts about the situation, the other characters and weather and so on. They are written by the RL players only. The destiny of the characters is dependent on the performance of RL players who will need to compete with each other to guarantee their safety to stay in "the journey".

2. Hold your horses, what is this "journey" "journey" stuff all about?

-The "Journey" means the overall gameplay that includes the animals you submit on to the series and many secrets that would needs to be unveiled by yourselves through your animal characters. And in order to discover what's behind the curtain, you will need to stay in the game and to hold on to your feet. But of course this "journey" will include many unexpected plot twists and literally cats and dogs to happen so I'll try not spoil anything for now ;)

3. What are the requirements for me to sign up?

-Well, this will be hosted on the forums where participating players may be expected to complete the tasks and various missions so I would expect you to be time-commitment. If you cannot submit your task on time, please at least let me know.

4. What animals can I submit?

-You are allowed to submit any animal that you can create (if you've made an ostrich and wanted to submit it onto the show, I will be absolutely encouraging you). Even if the animal is identified as a dog from the game, you could always makes it look like a fox or a wolf or even raccoon. I'll not be setting the limit of the number of dogs/horses/cats/unicorns (hey we should have a unicorn squad that would be sparkly fantastic!! :joy:) for the series but if you choose to submit a minor animal that I cannot control fully (such as parrots or snakes or guinea pigs or fishes or turtles or other wild birds), I am not saying that you are not allowed to do that but considering the limit of freedom these animals have, your character will less likely to end up having a shorter "air-time" or would be unlikely to "interact" with other animals easily.

5. What expansion packs/stuff packs do you have?

-Pets, of course. Because we won't be submitting sim contestants this time so the other expansion packs/stuff packs play a relatively small role here on your animals. If you don't have the Pets EP, send me a picture of your animal and I'll try my best to create them for you. You could always ask for help from other players such as M13Vulpecula (Vul) ;) But in case if you'd like to know, I have all expansion packs and some of the stuff packs (except for 70s 80s 90s, Katy Perry and Fast Lane).

6. How do I submit my animal to you?

-You can either choose to send me the files through email: chocolat.gruppe@gmail.com (highlight for the address) or upload your animal to the exchange, whichever suits you better :)

7. Why on earth is this called "Leashes and Skirts" not "Leashes and Trousers" or "Leashes and Leggings"?

-Haha, "Leashes and Skirts" is actually the name of an original CAS soundtrack form Sims 3 Pets OST by Christopher Lennertz. :p I love the song so much that whenever this music plays when I'm creating a sim I'll have to stop and listen to it till it finishes XD

8. Will players be eliminated one by one, or will it be more sporadic? [asked by TURNER]

-After each challenge, they will be allocated to attend another session called "The Saboteur MCQ (multiple choice questions)" where RL players submit the quiz and the player that scores the lowest will be eliminated from "the journey". However, instead of doing normal MCQs, the selected "Saboteur" will try and figure out who's trying to hunt them down by an attempt to retrace and submit the name of whom they think is "the Alsatian". If the "Alsatian" has been correctly identified then they will be eliminated from the game with the other player with a lowest quiz score. (this is extremely similar to the 6th season of the Mole where two spies try to take each other down)

9. What language will be spoken amongst the animals? [asked by TURNER]

-Of course English, my best friend. I believe it's the common language that all simmers on this forums understand. However, it doesn't stop you from submitting animals that speak with unique accents or dialect variants (such as Tristan Van Gould from the first half episodes of Abnormality Season 5 and Marsha Marshall from Hunt or Be Hunted, both created by Vul, who is pretty good at ideas like this)

10. Where do we get the stickers?

-Each of you will be given 2 stickers to begin with. These can be traded via a 'trading station' which we all should be very familiar with from the Mole. Remember to invite me into the PM and keep me informed.
    -An alternative way to get the stickers is from the sponsors. Sponsors will ask your animals to perform certain tasks and they will reward you with stickers (not sure if that's a fair trade though) :b

11. For how long are we allowed to keep the stickers?

-You are allowed to keep them as long as you wish. But remember some stickers may lose its value/effect (please refer to the instructions for more detail) so you might want to trade or use it before that.

12. Do these stickers have permanent effect?

-No, unfortunately, they don't. Except for Sticker 3 which results in permanent role change. Most of them are 'one-off' which means they can only be used once for that particular round. In addition, you are not allowed to use more than 1 sticker each time.

13. What will happen to my stickers once I got eliminated?

-You will not be allowed to transfer them to any other players. Once you are eliminated, your stickers will be taken away by the production team.

14. What happens if both the saboteur and the Alsatian identified each other correctly st the same time? Who get's eliminated?

-Though I wouldn't say that this is unlikely to happen considering there are only 8 players in total, what I can tell you is that whoever gets a lower result from the previous challenges will be eliminated.

15. What will happen if the Alsatian or the saboteur gets eliminated?

-Once the Alsatian has been eliminated from the show, the saboteur will no longer need to worry about being caught UNLESS one or even more players remaining used Sticker 3: Captain Revival that changes themselves into Alsatians. In this case, the saboteur will only be informed that someone has used the sticker and they will have to catch and get rid of them as before.

-If the original saboteur gets eliminated, the fox will take over the role and become the new saboteur while, at the same time, losing its undetectable identity and the Alsatian must arrest this new saboteur.

Any questions please feel free to ask! I won't bite or scratch or kick or peck :p
    edited April 22
    Reservations*

1. Ninja
      nQXI83O1LSY0A.jpg

2. Iceman (submitting a dog) :cookie:
      nRU9TV8GCZQUX.jpg

3. Vul (submitting a sheep)
      nY0PVG8Y4SXCF.jpg

4. Tiger
      n7K634MG7ML6H.jpg

5. Celty (submitting a unicorn)
      nKH07BUEB4GP6.png

6. Alleen (submitting a cat) :cookie:
      n2HRMJEL237ZE.jpg

7. Yannik (submitting a cat)
      n8A312BGKX171.png

8. Lo (submitting a horse) :cookie:
      nCSHS5BCV2QIU.png

*Notice that the number of slots for reservation is not final, if more people are interested to join, I will consider to increase the number or vice versa. You do not need a golden-bone to reserve :D
    edited April 18
    Application Form

1. Full Name of Your Pet: [the one they call themselves, such as the Highness of Inverness Monroe Julianna George-Benedicts something like that]

2. Name known (given) by their owner: [if your pet does have or did have an owner or a name that was given to them by any familiar sim of theirs, such as Mona Fluffy Ball]

3. Gender?

4. What animal is your pet? [Cats/Dogs/Horses/Other animals you name as long as you can make them]

5. Age? [Don't bother to answer this in exact number just simply answer as baby/young adult/elderly]

6. Breed? [you can make up your own breed, I won't mind at all ;)]

7. Sexuality? (don't laugh)

8. Favourite Food? (maybe triple-tip steak instead of James Wellbeloved)

9. Favourite Hobby? (Sleeping? Sneaking up ladies at a pool party? Chewing baby heads? Eating crayons? You name it :p)

10. Use a few (3-5) phrases to describe your animal: ["the Ultimate Toddler-Frightenor", "the Noble Stick-Chaser", "the Fussy Trash-Eater"]

11. FIVE Pet Traits that best describe your animal's personality. [Please give a short description for each of them as I'd like to know as much as possible about your character but if you are not sure about what the animal traits are, you can always click here to check it.]

12. Background Story: [This should be quite lengthy as I would need to collect as much info as possible of your animal. Just like us humans, animals do have their reasonings behind their actions. Why are they running away from their owner? Maybe they're tired of living in that old house that smells of nothing but old socks? Because they cannot stand the leftover porridges that their previous owner used to feed them? Because of a new-born child to the household? How did they end up being a money-making machine for humans? Who says animals don't have feelings? Why is that dog used to working at a local Vietnamese restaurant? My cat is secretly a good snorkeller? Anything you want to include. Doesn't need to be 100% realistic though. Funny huh? Talking about realism in a game called Sims.]

13. From 1 to 10 with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, how would you rank your animal with each of the following (put the numbers in the square brackets):

[] obedience
    [] independence
    [] nobility (don't laugh, some pure breed animals sure are proud of themselves)
    [] loyalty
    [] intelligence
    [] modesty
    [] perceptivity
    [] aqua-friendliness (do they like water, in general?)
    [] materialistic-behaviour (some animals are actually miniature humans)
    [] self-esteem (confidence)
    [] patience
    [] volume (do they make a lot noises)
    [] laziness
    [] human-friendliness (how much they like to hang out with humans)
    [] bravery
    [] tidiness
    [] insecurity
    [] activeness

14. Introduction: [Should contain at least a few sentences. Please write in ENGLISH. This would reveal your animal's personality and should be written from their perspective (point of view) as introducing themselves to the others. It should include their names (real name and pet name) who they are, where they live (a sim world or a real world, doesn't matter), with whom (or are they alone), what they think humans are (stuffed bigs, arrogant barbarians), their families (the owner's family or do your animals have a family of their owns), and what do they wish to accomplish throughout their lives so on and so forth]

15. Possible Character Development: [Please give me a basic idea of any possible storyline for your animal during the journey: possible enemies/friends/events that might happen/even romance etc... Note that this is not an one-off thing. It takes a while for a unique, unforgettable personality to be moulded, animals need time to "evolve" as time may shape them into a different figure depending on who and what they have encountered at different life-stages. In fact, it is a continuous process that eventually changes who we really are.]

16. Strengths (please briefly describe them)

17. Weaknesses/Flaws (as above, short description would suffice)

please just copy and paste your answers below

13. (numbers in square brackets)

[] obedience
    [] independence
    [] nobility (don't laugh, some pure breed animals sure are proud of themselves)
    [] loyalty
    [] intelligence
    [] modesty
    [] perceptivity
    [] aqua-friendliness (do they like water, in general?)
    [] materialistic-behaviour (some animals are actually miniature humans)
    [] self-esteem (confidence)
    [] patience
    [] volume (do they make a lot noises)
    [] laziness
    [] human-friendliness (how much they like to hang out with humans)
    [] bravery
    [] tidiness
    [] insecurity
    [] activeness

*you can choose to PM me the above once you are finished or send it to me through email :p Thanks. Also, please do NOT post any information regarding this application on this thread, thank you for the co-operation
    [Reserved]
    edited April 2
    Okay, you are more than welcomed to post now! ;)
    Good night folks, I'll try to sort other things out from my draft tomorrow in the morning :p
  • ninjakid150ninjakid150 Posts: 952 Member
    Hold Me a spot please
    Hold Me a spot please

You got it! :wink:
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 5,122 Member
    I'm in :)
    edited April 2
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'm in :)

Gotcha! :D
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 11,007 Member
    Can I reserve please? :3
  • TurnerTurner Posts: 5,631 Member
    Wow, this looks super interesting. :o I'll just watch for now though.

I'm curious to know how all of this will even work, but I'm sure that's intentionally unknown for now.

Will players be eliminated one by one, or will it be more sporadic?
    edited April 2
    I also really like the intro stuff you wrote. I've been realizing more and more lately that my calling career-wise is to study animal behavior, and communication is a big part of that. Because you're right, even though we have done a lot of research and THINK we know how most animals communicate, there is likely still a lot under the surface (of course, you were exaggerating because you need to set up the fact that they will be communicating in the show, but still :p ).

I'm guessing all the animals will be talking in English? :lol: Or will you say that the show has automatically translated it for the viewer? haha
    edited April 2
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    You do not need a golden-bone to reserve :D

Lol, good to know. ;-p

edited April 2
    Can I reserve please? :3

Gotcha too! :p
    edited April 2
    Turner wrote: »
    Wow, this looks super interesting. :o I'll just watch for now though.

So are you going to sit this out or would you like to join later seeing how it turns out to be?
    Will players be eliminated one by one, or will it be more sporadic?

I don't know, possible plot twist >:)
    I also really like the intro stuff you wrote. I've been realizing more and more lately that my calling career-wise is to study animal behavior, and communication is a big part of that. Because you're right, even though we have done a lot of research and THINK we know how most animals communicate, there is likely still a lot under the surface (of course, you were exaggerating because you need to set up the fact that they will be communicating in the show, but still :p ).

I'm guessing all the animals will be talking in English? :lol: Or will you say that the show has automatically translated it for the viewer? haha

Thank you, and of course I'm over emphasising the fact that's far beyond our current knowledge of animal communication just because this is an interactive series where they are supposed talk to and work with each other ;)

What language will they be talking in? Mandarin Chinese of course ;)
    edited April 2
    Updated Q & A

-included questions asked by Turner
    Application form up :)
  • Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,365 Member
    This sounds so brilliant and hilarious, and so unique too! I've been reading the application and it's oh so hilarious. I'm definitely in. :)
    Tigerblu11 wrote: »
    This sounds so brilliant and hilarious, and so unique too! I've been reading the application and it's oh so hilarious. I'm definitely in. :)

Haha, this will surely be a lot more lively than GHMV. ;) Welcome onboard!
  • CeltyGirlyCeltyGirly Posts: 1,006 Member
    Yes, I am interested! I was just reading through :3 I might need help getting a pet in though if I can't get my Sims 3 to work :3
    I would definitely do a unicorn though, just saying XD
    edited April 2
    CeltyGirly wrote: »
    Yes, I am interested! I was just reading through :3 I might need help getting a pet in though if I can't get my Sims 3 to work :3
    I would definitely do a unicorn though, just saying XD

Welcome welcome!! XD

I'm fine with unicorns ;) Ooh, and don't worry about getting a pet, we'll definitely sort it out later