The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Leashes and Skirts [PART ONE OF EP 1 RELEASED]

Comments

• M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,718 Member
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

I do hope they'll be addable to a household. :)

You know what I'm wondering? Will there be a cheat to make pets controllable?

Oh look. There isn't even a cheat to enable the control. Go figure!

Guess not. :/:( There goes all hopes of writing a story with pets. Since we can't stage them.....

Serious, we're back to sims 2 era again? :(

Worse. Sims 2 has a cheat to control pets. And Sims 1 allows players to tell pets to Go Here.

Neither of them are in 4.
    Banner.png
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    edited August 2017
    So they're essentially NPCs that live in your house. How realistic :p
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Just wait for modders to come up with something. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    So they're essentially NPCs that live in your house. How realistic :p

Yup. I do prefer having them live on free will instead of managing them myself as well, but I find it important to be able to at least have a cheat to take over control. Like, in case of (need) emergencies, if I want to redecorate the full house in one go and can't afford anyone in my way, or for storytelling purposes when the player takes pics of staged events instead of picturing actual gameplay.
    Banner.png
    Just wait for modders to come up with something. :D

I hope they'll be able to. (I wouldn't be too surprised if EA took measurements and did code in lines to purposefully PREVENT modders from making pets controllable. Kinda like they did with supernatural hybrids in 3)
    Banner.png
    Off topic: Jeez, I just noticed that the 'Cats and Dogs' EP costs for £34.99 (that's approximately USD45) here on Origin UK but it's only $39.99 in the states? Oh boy. I wonder who's doing the calculation...

*back to working on the belated episode*
    ._.
    Time to buy it from third-party retailers then. :D

I'll just buy a physical copy because I won't have to download it then, and it'll probably cost the same or slightly cheaper than on Origin.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Time to buy it from third-party retailers then. :D

I'll just buy a physical copy because I won't have to download it then, and it'll probably cost the same or slightly cheaper than on Origin.

Actually, one can choose to switch stores between countries and states by using VPN. Amazon UK isn't necessarily cheaper :b

However, I've checked that Origin Hong Kong sells the EP at the price of HK$240 which is only US$30
    ._.
    My Origin uses SGD, and it's 50 SGD there, which is around 37 USD, so it's just slightly cheaper.

My Origin uses SGD, and it's 50 SGD there, which is around 37 USD, so it's just slightly cheaper.

They're charging you with Singapore Dollar? :o I thought it's Philippine Peso?
    ._.
    Off topic: Jeez, I just noticed that the 'Cats and Dogs' EP costs for £34.99 (that's approximately USD45) here on Origin UK but it's only $39.99 in the states? Oh boy. I wonder who's doing the calculation...

I bet someone who is good at fair maths. For euros they just replace the $ with the €. Result: $47,48 for the EP.
    Banner.png

I bet someone who is good at fair maths. For euros they just replace the $ with the €. Result: $47,48 for the EP.

Although the full Mario Kart 8 DLC was $12/€12 as well... :/
    Banner.png

That is insane. I used VPN to check Origin NL and
    I personally don't think that's worth that much of money when you could buy it at a cheaper place
    that's probably why I used to buy sims 3 expansions on Origin US :b
    ._.

I personally don't think that's worth that much of money when you could buy it at a cheaper place

I don't even have 4, but thanks for the tip. ;) Though I'm not sure if the US version and the EU version are the same though.
    Banner.png

I don't even have 4, but thanks for the tip. ;) Though I'm not sure if the US version and the EU version are the same though.

You know you can choose the language before downloading it from Origin client, right :p Doesn't matter where you buy it. As long as the game supports Dutch you should be fine
    ._.

You know you can choose the language before downloading it from Origin client, right :p Doesn't matter where you buy it. As long as the game supports Dutch you should be fine

Hmm, I remember once receiving the US version instead of the EU version of one of those Sims Stories games. I could only pick English or Spanish. :c But that was still a disc version, so technology might've marched on. :) (Lets hope so)
    Banner.png
    Wait, you're getting sims 4?
    ._.
    Wait, you're getting sims 4?

Probably not. I'm fine with just ghe demo for Sims 4 shows. ;) (after all, the hardest part to give hosts instructions in is the facial sculpting, I can do that myself at least)
    Banner.png

They're charging you with Singapore Dollar? :o I thought it's Philippine Peso?

IDK why. Steam already implements PHP pricing. Origin just decided to go with the nearest neighbor.

• lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    It says it's $39.99 here.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    I've heard that some players in the US are actually buying their game from Mexico because it's cheaper there.
    ._.
    I've heard that some players in the US are actually buying their game from Mexico because it's cheaper there.

Better put up a (fire)wall to avoid upsetting either country's economies

• lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Lo is quite a fast reader afaik. I remember a comment of hers about the soundtrack timing from the Haystack Cowboy Challenge. :o

It takes me like half an hour to finish a The Mole episode (150 screenshots). Haha :p

If I'm looking for clues, it takes like 50x as long. :D
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Lo is quite a fast reader afaik. I remember a comment of hers about the soundtrack timing from the Haystack Cowboy Challenge. :o

It takes me like half an hour to finish a The Mole episode (150 screenshots). Haha :p

If I'm looking for clues, it takes like 50x as long. :D

lol that's like, my normal speed :lol:
    ._.
    I apologise for my lack of update and I know that I promised that the episode would have been out some weeks ago but I've been procrastinating a bit too much. I'm sorry for that. But let's not forget our furry friends and hope Choco will have things sorted out and have this episode released as soon as possible (and yes, he's done finding excuse for himself). :p

baxter-morning-9_orig.png
    Baxter: WOOF! You know when's the next episode's coming out? I'm so excited to know how we did last time!

i-think-we-are-lost-6_orig.png
    Esme: I was wondering about the same question as well. You see, Choco promised that the episode would have been released weeks ago but there's hardly any update from him? I wonder why... is it because we did horribly?

where-are-we-now-3_orig.png
    Galaxy: *neighs* No, I think it's the way Choco works. I think it's happened before, remember last time with premiere episode? I think it's just that it takes sometime for him to finish filming, editing and stuff.

kenai-grooming-self_orig.png
    Kenai: I doubt it. He's a really professional procrastinator... I'm getting a bit impatient now. Maybe he's running out of excuses so that's why it's been so quiet on this page? Miaow...

doro-alone_orig.png
    Doro: This Choco guy really needs to learn being punctual for once... geez.

bubbles-fleeing_orig.png
    Bubbles: I don't know what's going on but I know what's urgent right now... I NEED TO USE THE BATHROOM! WUF!! *runs away*

._.