Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Instincts Sims 4 Reality Show Season 1

WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
LTVZTsO.png
I welcome you to the first season of Instincts, a survival puzzle game that combines teamwork with one's own personal motivation to come out on top! Race against other teams, race against each other, and race to the final reward of a quarter of a million dollars! Survive the harsh climates of some of the most exotic places on Earth, and most importantly, allow your instincts to guide you to victory. I'm your host, Ryenn, and I'll see you soon!
Post edited by WinteryGarnet on

Comments

• WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    edited June 2017
    How It Works?
    Basics
    Ten contestants from around the world will be gathered and split into teams of two. From there, the contestants will partner up. However, that leaves one person on each team alone. So what is to become of them? It's simple, these two shall be dubbed team leader. They will be partnered together despite being on opposing teams. Thus their job is much more complicated. Not only do they govern their team mates, but they must find a way to work with their partner in a way that ensures their victory. If you lose your partner, you lose the partner advantages until the merge halfway through.
    Teams,Partners,Leaders?
    Your team is your chance at immunity. For each week there is the partner mission and the team mission.
    If your team wins the team mission, you are exempt from elimination. Partners then are a sort of ally whether you're truly allied or not. You shall work in the partner missions for a chance at a prize that will always come in the form of three boxes. You and your partner must decide on one of the boxes, the contents of which are predetermined. Sometimes there will be a reward for only one, sometimes for both, sometimes an advantage for your team, and sometimes it's just a dud. Lastly, the leader will be able to influence the partner missions by how they work with the other leader. Will they work for their team? Or will they betray you all for their own gain?
    Locations
    Every game week everyone will be sent a clue to lead you to that week's location, and you have 3 guesses to determine the correct location. If you get it right away, 3 points go to your team, 2 on the second chance, and so on.
    If you don't get it right that's 0 points for your team. The team with the most points will receive an advantage on the team mission. This is to represent the race to the destination. The faster you arrive, the more of an advantage you have.
    Partner Mission
    The Partner Mission is simply a prize mission. Each pair will compete independently from the rest. This will usually be some kind of mini game where scores/times can be averaged.
    Immunity Mission
    The Immunity Mission is a team mission where both teams will compete against one another to solve some sort of puzzle or game before the other team. If won, they are free from elimination. If lost, they must eliminate a team member via vote.
    A Twist
    Lastly, there is a secret game mechanic that cannot be revealed just yet, but it will become clear eventually.
    So stay on your toes, and follow your instincts.
    edited June 2017
    Immunity
    The main way to get immunity is through the Team Mission, however, in the “prize” mission you can win an individual immunity before the merge of the teams. There are also two hidden immunity idols through out the game. In each of the episodes is a clue. Once all of the clues are gathered, or you’re ready to guess, send me a message. One person on each team can receive the hidden immunity, but no more. This can be used whenever. However, the hidden idols disappear once the merge happens.
    edited June 2017
    Diary Entries
    Inspired by the other reality shows on this forum, there will be a diary room. You can submit a diary entry via PM. Your diary entry can also be paired with a written scene, an ADRE.
    edited January 2018
    edited June 2017
    Players
    xDN90FT.png
    Bronwyn Hubbard(Tiger)
    VtFWjfA.png
    Cody Roe(Alleen)
    sOvRxqi.png
    Dakota Preston(Princess)
    i16RjDe.png
    Daphanie Swiss(Penguinwa101)
    ywoF2yp.png
    Floella LeBunn(Twiddle)
    xLujj1A.png
    Jessica Geldorf(Yannik)
    QhXHHla.png
    Melvin Stockton(Haylo)
    sHxSYQV.png
    Nathaniel Ramsey(Lo)
    iMyVQpR.png
    Placido De Vera (Iceman)
    jZBWzJj.png
    Tybalt Poysen (Vul)
    edited November 2017
    Current Mission
    America's First Capital
    OE2grKq.jpg

Welcome to Philadelphia, the first capital of the United States! The city is full of rich history, architecture, and culture from the birth of this young nation. After trying your luck at a little baseball, you each are brought to Independence Hall where your host greets you.
    In three rounds, you team must link two words together by finding the five related words in the center. In this example, there are only four words. Upon giving you the puzzle it would look like this.
    Cherry
    -
    -
    Paper
    During your turn you may ask for one letter on either of the words connected to a given word. In this instance, there's only two middle words anyway, so you could ask for either. Then your team gets a guess which you can forfeit if you don't know moving onto the next team. So, say you ask for a letter under Cherry
    Cherry
    P
    -
    Paper
    You do not know how many letters are in a word. However, if there is only one letter left, you must guess and cannot get another letter once you have asked.
    Cherry
    Pi
    -
    Paper
    If you were to ask for a letter under Cherry, you would be denied and have to guess. The correct answer is Pie
    For every word guessed correctly you get 200 points. Points are doubled in the final round.

Now, both teams have advantages. The Gold Team gets 2 advantages for arriving at the location first, and for everyone getting the location right on the first try. Red Team has 1 advantage because of the box selection chosen by the winning partners of the partner mission.(Your prize was going to be revealed in the episode, but we might as well get started now. Their box contained 1 clue on the next mission for their team.)
    Advantages for this team means you get 1 extra letter when you call for a letter to be used either on the same word you were already asking for a letter for, or the other possible word you could be asking for a letter for.

If anything is confusing feel free to ask questions, and as always, follow your instincts.

edited June 2017
    Applications
    Male
    1. Lovesstorms
    2. Vul
    3. Haylo
    4. Iceman
    5. Princess
    Female
    1. Yannik
    2. Tiger
    3. Penguin
    4. Twiddle
    5. Soccer
    6. Alleen
    Undecided
    P.S. I have Male/Female, but non-binary, genderfluid, etc. are all acceptable. This list is just so I can keep the characters somewhat balanced. This is why the gender option of the app has pronouns.
    edited September 2017
    Teams
    Team Gold
    Tybalt Poysen
    Daphanie Swiss
    Bronwyn Hubbard
    Cody Roe
    Nathaniel Ramsey
    Team Red
    Placido De Vera
    Floella Le Bun
    Melvin Stockton
    Jessica Geldorf
    Dakota Preston
    Partners
    Tybalt Poyson and Daphanie Swiss AKA Dee-Balt
    Cody Roe and Nathaniel Ramsey AKA R&R
    Placido De Vera and Floella Le Bun AKA Chunky Choc Chip
    Melvin Stockton and Jessica Geldorf AKA L'Art du Fromage
    Dakota Preston and Bronwyn Hubbard AKA Team Bright Eyes
    edited April 2017
    Alright! So I really like the sims game show community, and wanted to make one of my own! This is all going to be very much trial and error, but I'll combine what I've experienced in the community, with what I planned when I attempted a show before, with whatever I can think of. Hopefully it won't be a flop, but I'm going to try!

If you're interested send me an app with the following info :3
    Name:
    Personality:
    Background:
    Likes/Dislikes:
    Strengths/Weaknesses:
    Sexuality:
    Then Hashtag it in the gallery #InstinctsShow

P.S. I have Get To Work, Get Together, and City Living. CC is allowed, but I'd need a link.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm in!
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'm in!

Yay! I hope I can do a good enough job at this :3
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    I'm in.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    I'm in it and I would like to send a female contestant :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    Woo!! Yay :)
    I'm planning things right now :)
    Writing in my little documents.
  • Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    I'm in. I'll be submitting a female sim please.
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    I'll do a male.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    Count me in too!! :)
    Banner.png
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    hey! i'm in! May I reserve a Female? maybe a certain lovable red-head can make a come-back, you guys? lol
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
    edited April 2017
    hey! i'm in! May I reserve a Female? maybe a certain lovable red-head can make a come-back, you guys? lol

Extravert Einstein FTW! lol XD
    Banner.png
    Who's Extravert Einstein XD
  • twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    I'm in, I just have to try and get TS4 thingymabob to work. :D

And i think i'll try and submit a female.
    Christmas_Banner.png
    I'd like to reserve a male XD
    Banner.png
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member

Do you mean Daphanie or Olivia? :mrgreen:
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    I'm thinking of bringing back a blast from the past too... ;)
    Banner.png