Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Desperately need more worlds to build in!!!

Since the release of the original Sims game in the series creating in the Sim has always been stress relief for the creative outlet it has provided. It doesn't matter if it is recoloring something, creating Sims or building up the world I want my Sims in, but to be truthful building is my favorite. It always has been and always will be. True what I create for my game is based one want I need for my game and I LOVE my sims to have wide verity of venues to go to. Which does entail different types of parks, restaurants, cafes and verity of the bar/nightclub venues we already have. So please give us more empty worlds to build upon in!!! If nothing else at least give us more empty worlds for those who don't like to build all sorts of lots room to place the ones that are included in the packs we buy!!! And for love God and all things no more worlds with only 5 lots on them!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´

Comments

• SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    For some reason the designers of Sims 4 appear to have the belief that all players want to do is sit and watch their sims doing the same interactions over and over and over again with different sims (who all act the same), completely forgetting that many players play the game to fulfil a creative need which Sims 4 lacks in just about every department.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Agreed on this. I'd love to see more worlds.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    I also miss empty lots where I can build Sim houses. I like to build houses but right now the game doesn't give us many empty lots where we can express our creativity.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited April 2017
    Sucom wrote: »
    For some reason the designers of Sims 4 appear to have the belief that all players want to do is sit and watch their sims doing the same interactions over and over and over again with different sims (who all act the same), completely forgetting that many players play the game to fulfil a creative need which Sims 4 lacks in just about every department.

Pretty much this.

Given the relative ease they had dismissing the criticism of apartments (which IMO represents a new low of creative restriction in this game) I don't think they understand what players expect out of the game, nor do I really think they care.

ETA: In regards to new worlds; this company developed both The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 to support custom worlds. I don't understand how that is something they would not by default retain for the fourth iteration. A world creator is desperately needed, but with the developers obvious blinders on it's more than likely never going to happen.

I'm all for another free world, but that's more or less putting a bandaid over a stab wound. It's not going to solve the problem, just postpone the effects a little bit.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Agreed...
    I'm super appreciative that they patched in Newcrest for free; however, mine is already filled. Personally, I've always thought of Newcrest as a suburb of Willow Creek. So, I wouldn't mind another free world desert themed that looks like a suburb of Oasis Springs. :)
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I agree. If you play with all the lots EA have given us in terms of spas and restaurants and the additional bars not to mention all the lots available for download there's very little space left. We need more space badly.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Enabling the placement of new lots, empty or built, in existing worlds would help. Depending on lot size, Newcrest alone could easily take up to 20 in all that empty but not accessible space there is.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Yeah I agree too. I started building up Newcrest and now it's filling up. Wish there was another Newcrest-type world.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    With lack of building cheats TS4 is lacking that was in some of the other past releases, I feel really constricted when it comes to building a lot. Even more so with the lack of space. I want plenty of Sim living in homes within the world I have created but I want my Sim to be able to go and do thing with his friends and his dates as well and not have to keep going to the same few places all the time. There are different types of restaurants out there. Different night clubs, bars and cafe's. We need the space to let our creative juices to flow more fluidly.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    I totally agree that we are lacking space for builders in TS4. It just seems that builders are a second thought to EA when it comes to pleasing their fans. This iteration of the Sims is really plum as far as building goes. Where are the new build tools that they have been promising us? Why are we getting fewer lots in the new worlds they are putting out? We should get more lots, not less!
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I know we can't go around demanding free new worlds all the time but the lots you can build in aren't big enough. We need a few more 50x50 building lots that we can turn into mansions with huge gardens.

I recently had to move my house to Newcrest for a bigger lot and now nobody visits me.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Ya know a while back I gave my feedback on this and said I was good for space,
    Since that time a lot...and I mean a lot...of the NPC's in my world became integral to the various storylines in my main save..

This means I can no longer bulldoze those lots.
    Can we have more space pretty please? :#
  • TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    I could always use more lots :)
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I'd be down for another Newcrest-like world. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Every rendition of the Sims but SIMs 4 made it possible for us to make our own worlds bigger and add in our own lots to established worlds - this is why people keep requesting more worlds, more room, etc - so why is this ability squashed in the Sims 4? On top of it they are aware this is an issue with simmers - a big issue - so in reply to our request instead of giving us more room they seem to think it is okay to not give us proper venues and just offer us to combine new activities in already made venues. Like bowling - in former games we could actually add a bowling venue - in Sims 4 we have to have a bowling alley in a bar.

Come on children let's all go to the local bar for a night of family bowling..... that is not a solution. It is one thing for adult bowling and a whole other thing for family activity with youngsters. I don't know about bars in CA but around my part of the country it is forbidden for children or teens to even go in bars. You can get your kids taken away from you here and bar owners can lose their license if they allowed anyone younger than legal drinking age in a bar. Maybe CA is more lenient and loose in their laws - but you would not see family activity in a bar here.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Sims 1 - 10 lots
    Sims 2 - Infinite lots
    Sims 3 - About ~90 lots per world, with 30 vacant or empty lots, and enough free space to add expansion building types to almost (Bridgeport) any world
    Sims 4 - ~16 lots per world for about 83 lots total if you have all EPs and GPs, but one town has apartments that cannot be removed or you lose their functionality, meaning 16 of those cannot be edited in a meaningful way (so 67 are flexible), and only another 26 lots are vacant compared to Sims 3's 30. The game likewise offers about 12 lots that must be placed and are needed/heavily desired to experience pack content. (so ~14 empty lots if these are placed)

It's actually somewhat comparable to Sims 3, but I think a meaningful difference is that Sims 3 started us off heavily oversupplied with vacant lots, then slowly filled those over development time. Sims 4 comparatively started us with only 6 vacant lots, and often provides quite a few premade lots alongside packs and expansions. At the very least some must be placed to experience functionality of a GP. Finally, we can control more homes than in Sims 3, so while one restaurant might suffice for Sims 3, it does not suffice for Sims 4.

"Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I know we can't go around demanding free new worlds all the time but the lots you can build in aren't big enough. We need a few more 50x50 building lots that we can turn into mansions with huge gardens.

I recently had to move my house to Newcrest for a bigger lot and now nobody visits me.

I agree with the lots not being big enough. I like to have grounds around my house. So many are just wall to wall house because there is no room to make pretty surroundings.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Every rendition of the Sims but SIMs 4 made it possible for us to make our own worlds bigger and add in our own lots to established worlds - this is why people keep requesting more worlds, more room, etc - so why is this ability squashed in the Sims 4? On top of it they are aware this is an issue with simmers - a big issue - so in reply to our request instead of giving us more room they seem to think it is okay to not give us proper venues and just offer us to combine new activities in already made venues. Like bowling - in former games we could actually add a bowling venue - in Sims 4 we have to have a bowling alley in a bar.

Come on children let's all go to the local bar for a night of family bowling..... that is not a solution. It is one thing for adult bowling and a whole other thing for family activity with youngsters. I don't know about bars in CA but around my part of the country it is forbidden for children or teens to even go in bars. You can get your kids taken away from you here and bar owners can lose their license if they allowed anyone younger than legal drinking age in a bar. Maybe CA is more lenient and loose in their laws - but you would not see family activity in a bar here.

I found it interesting that they acknowledged the lack of space. Now that they've pretty much confirmed that it's an issue, I hope they take the complaint seriously and offer a solution instead of a bandaid.

A world builder is desperately needed. Locking new worlds behind a $20-$40 paywall is ludicrous. If worlds are too complex for such a tool, then they should make templates (like Sims 2) that players could add into their save. I realistically don't see that happening either, but it's ideas they can use for the future to avoid such a monumental design failure.
    Sims 1 - 10 lots
    Sims 2 - Infinite lots
    Sims 3 - About ~90 lots per world, with 30 vacant or empty lots, and enough free space to add expansion building types to almost (Bridgeport) any world
    Sims 4 - ~16 lots per world for about 83 lots total if you have all EPs and GPs, but one town has apartments that cannot be removed or you lose their functionality, meaning 16 of those cannot be edited in a meaningful way (so 67 are flexible), and only another 26 lots are vacant compared to Sims 3's 30. The game likewise offers about 12 lots that must be placed and are needed/heavily desired to experience pack content. (so ~14 empty lots if these are placed)

It's actually somewhat comparable to Sims 3, but I think a meaningful difference is that Sims 3 started us off heavily oversupplied with vacant lots, then slowly filled those over development time. Sims 4 comparatively started us with only 6 vacant lots, and often provides quite a few premade lots alongside packs and expansions. At the very least some must be placed to experience functionality of a GP. Finally, we can control more homes than in Sims 3, so while one restaurant might suffice for Sims 3, it does not suffice for Sims 4.

For you, perhaps. There's almost nothing in the game that stops you from having only one of each venue if you wanted (and in some cases, you don't even need every available venue). In regards to restaurants, the only reason you'd have to have more than one is if you had more than one household that owns one, same for a retail store. In fact, I know many players who indeed have only one area for venues, and use the rest of the worlds as residential.

(I'm not too concerned personally with having every lot possible as residential but it can certainly 'suffice' just fine.)

As for the lots that 'must be placed' (assuming you intend to never remove a pre-made already in the worlds), where does the 12 come from?

There's a spa from Spa Day (which I remember specifically because there's a tutorial asking you to place one, lol).
    There's a restaurant from Dine Out.
    And what else?

Retail stores are already in the GTW world.
    Nightclubs (and even club hangouts) exist in GT's world.
    Kareoke bars already exist in CL's world.
    Bars, lounges, gyms, museums, libraries, etc already exist in the worlds.
    Bowling alleys only need a lane added to an existing bar/lounge/nightclub, and not an entire new venue.
    Is there a venue I'm missing that needs to be placed? Because I doubt the amount of available-but-not-in-world venues is as high as '12'.
  • MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    Sims 1 - 10 lots
    Sims 2 - Infinite lots

For you, perhaps. There's almost nothing in the game that stops you from having only one of each venue if you wanted (and in some cases, you don't even need every available venue). In regards to restaurants, the only reason you'd have to have more than one is if you had more than one household that owns one, same for a retail store. In fact, I know many players who indeed have only one area for venues, and use the rest of the worlds as residential.

(I'm not too concerned personally with having every lot possible as residential but it can certainly 'suffice' just fine.)

As for the lots that 'must be placed' (assuming you intend to never remove a pre-made already in the worlds), where does the 12 come from?

There's a spa from Spa Day (which I remember specifically because there's a tutorial asking you to place one, lol).
    And what else?

Bowling alleys only need a lane added to an existing bar/lounge/nightclub, and not an entire new venue.
    Is there a venue I'm missing that needs to be placed? Because I doubt the amount of available-but-not-in-world venues is as high as '12'.

I'm legit confuse, first you say you'd like an other world, then you try to convince someone that we have enough space and don't need one?
    gCQKjq4.png
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Sims 1 - 10 lots
    Sims 2 - Infinite lots

And what else?

I included the three premade retails in there, just under a basic assumption that wanting to use three retail businesses is fair. You could do the same with restaurants, so another three lots used. Of the Spa day stuff, one of those is actually a nice gym while another is needed to provide some of the wellness stuff, so it's two. Bowling is one, because while it's true you can place a bowling alley anywhere, please name one premade lot that actually has the room to fit one without you completely renovating the lot or lazily sticking it outside. City Living has a unique Art Gallery lot that if you want another you must place one, Get Together has a spare nightclub allowing you to bring the Nightclub count up from a modest 2 to 3, and then assuming you wish to either place another karaoke bar, the Forgotten Gardens from Romantic Garden stuff, place an additional building or two you've built or use one of the other premades, I consider 12 a fair estimate.

Realize this: Not everyone feels confident building lots and not everyone thinks they can make buildings as good as Maxis does, so they don't do it. They place Maxis premades. I happen to know for a fact that if you place Maxis premades, we're currently in the negative by quite a bit, with more premades available than empty lots. I can also speak from experience that some players like a "vanilla" experience and we don't enjoy tampering with existing buildings. I don't like just bulldozing all existing lots to place my own versions; I might do that for a specific save file, but I don't do it as a rule for ALL my saves. No, I like keeping stuff like Discothek Pan Europa or Partihaus' house because I kinda like leaving the aesthetic as is. For players like myself, again we're more limited and the 12 is a conservative estimate.

The same applies to if you like using stuff downloaded from the gallery. If you were to use the ~12 lots for misc EP/GP building types, then there's a remainder of about 16 lots. That's 16 lots for you to download homes and user made business lots you enjoy.

Overall, juggling the remainder is difficult. If you want to build homes, build your own lots, place Maxis lots or place gallery downloaded lots, then yeah, you've got a clear limit. If you just went with purely vacant lots as an estimate, you have 26 to use, but that can go quick. If I made four families, each with their own self-built home, business and restaurant, then built a bowling alley, spa and night club, immediately I've used half of my lots. The problem quickly worsens if I do wanna take a stab at building my own bar, library etc.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
    MissCherie wrote: »
    Sims 1 - 10 lots
    Sims 2 - Infinite lots

And what else?

I'm legit confuse, first you say you'd like an other world, then you try to convince someone that we have enough space and don't need one?

No, the person I was replying to said that it was necessary to have more than one of each/any venue in the game. I countered that it wasn't necessary, and that except for certain situations (multiple households owning one of the two businesses), any time you have multiple venues in the game, it's either because you want them there, or they were already pre-built into the world (and you're not removing pre-mades). They also suggested that there are at least 12 venue types that aren't available in the worlds already, which I also countered because I believe most already come into the game pre-built with a few exceptions (usually from GPs).

As to why I want more lots, it's because I'm a builder. It's not because I'm looking to fill up my worlds. I already have some free lots, multiple venues, not every home has a household in it, etc. But there are certain lot sizes (like the biggest in Windenburg) that only have one currently in the game, and is preoccupied by a pre-made (and I don't like removing pre-mades). So yes, I'm all for another free world (even if it's as 'plain' as Newcrest) that has at least one lot of every size available, for a canvas to build on. Because that's what I use Newcrest for, a canvas. :)
    edited April 2017
    Sims 1 - 10 lots
    Sims 2 - Infinite lots

Sims 1 could have infinite lots as well - there was a code you typed into the cheat bar to copy empty sections of the world and it would tag on these sections to the main world. That came with the first ep I believe. A lot of people though did not seem to know it existed though. i used it all the time and had duplicates of all the areas of Sims 1.

Also I play a good 20 households in Sims 3, all the households in Sims 2, and 18 households in Sims 4 - so I am not sure what limit you are talking about. Okay it was difficult in the early days with Sims 3 to switch household but they eventually seemed to over come that issue. I still find switching households in Sims 2 the best though.

In Sims 4 it likes to annoy me with telling me I can't do this or that in that mode more times than I can count. Annoying - lol.

But I agree - they take simmers used to playing huge worlds and then give us Sims 4 with all its tons of restrictions - it goes a bit deeper than just annoying to me. Never mind not even landscape tools or anything... They need to fix this - no question about it. Oh and all the fake buildings - those really need to stop - if I see a house across the street I expect to be able to go in it or bulldoze it down and build my own there - I don't want to see a house there just for the sake of ambiance. To me it has wasted my much needed space. So stop it with the fake houses!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    Sims 1 - 10 lots
    Sims 2 - Infinite lots

And what else?

No, the person I was replying to said that it was necessary to have more than one of each/any venue in the game. I countered that it wasn't necessary, and that except for certain situations (multiple households owning one of the two businesses), any time you have multiple venues in the game, it's either because you want them there, or they were already pre-built into the world (and you're not removing pre-mades). They also suggested that there are at least 12 venue types that aren't available in the worlds already, which I also countered because I believe most already come into the game pre-built with a few exceptions (usually from GPs).

As to why I want more lots, it's because I'm a builder. It's not because I'm looking to fill up my worlds. I already have some free lots, multiple venues, not every home has a household in it, etc. But there are certain lot sizes (like the biggest in Windenburg) that only have one currently in the game, and is preoccupied by a pre-made (and I don't like removing pre-mades). So yes, I'm all for another free world (even if it's as 'plain' as Newcrest) that has at least one lot of every size available, for a canvas to build on. Because that's what I use Newcrest for, a canvas. :)

Why does it matter the why he want a new world? Wanting a new world cause people lack of space to build is right, but wanting a new world cause we are lacking of space to place the buildings that comes with the game is wrong?

Do you realize that the need/goal is the same here? Both want a new world. That it's for building your own buildings or using the ones from the game who cares? I could say the same, and say building isn't necessary, we already have buildings in the game why bother? Cause it's how some people play, some people build, and some use the already made buildings, neither are necessary to play the game, and both want the same thing, a new world.

You argue with someone that want the same thing then you cause he want it for a different reason.
    gCQKjq4.png
    edited April 2017
    Sims 1 - 10 lots
    Sims 2 - Infinite lots

And what else?

Why does it matter the why he want a new world? Wanting a new world cause people lack of space to build is right, but wanting a new world cause we are lacking of space to place the buildings that comes with the game is wrong?

Do you realize that the need/goal is the same here? Both want a new world. That it's for building your own buildings or using the ones from the game who cares? I could say the same, and say building isn't necessary, we already have buildings in the game why bother? Cause it's how some people play, some people build, and some use the already made buildings, neither are necessary to play the game, and both want the same thing, a new world.

You argue with someone that want the same thing then you cause he want it for a different reason.

Building in the Sims has always been a part of the game since it's conception - its creator instilled that as part of the game - but was not absolutely necessary for all players if that is not what they wanted to do in the game. I actually know simmers who almost never actually play the game - they build worlds and tons of lots - they play the game just to test their worlds or try out any new aspects that come to the game - but to just play the game itself is pretty much unheard of for many of those builders. So with seriously eliminating that factor in the Sims 4 - there's a fair number of simmers who do not enjoy sims 4 at all because of this choice in the Sims.

In dreams - I LIVE!