Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Interrupted Concert

IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
As a test run of a new world I just finished, or at least thought I'd finished, I'm playing a singer. She just had her first gig, at the performance park. In the middle of her concert, a woman brought her toddler up on stage, set her down behind my sim, and left the stage. My sim turned around and shooed the toddler, then stood there wasting a lot of her concert time waiting for the toddler to crawl away from behind her.

Screenshot-110_1.jpg

Some sims have NO MANNERS!
Post edited by IreneSwift on

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited March 2017
    @IreneSwift :# I feel your pain,my performances at the Sunset Valley coffeehouse "Worst offender ever" were always a disaster.So many sims show up and think it is perfectly fine to stand and chat on stage when it is time for you to set up They take their time exiting too...meanwhile wasting valuable time then afterwards they will walk right on stage during your performance.And wait till you get a sim that brings a crying baby to a show... :rage:

Here we are waiting for a sim to get off stage so we can finish our show..

giphy_zpslacptd72.gif

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    One of the reasons I like having a genie sim as my maid- to banish annoying sims. Usually ones loitering around my lot though, not on stage. I've had Sims block my Sims route to stage, but I don't think I've ever had them hang around ON stage. lol.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    LMAO! :D
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Sorry, but I'm not really understanding the problem here. Has no one ever heard the expression, "I would give up my first born to hear that sim in concert"? This one just took it a bit too literally... :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    At least the woman didn't throw the kid onstage at your performer like a pizza or produce! :open_mouth:
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Lol :D
    Resetting the sim will do the same trick as the genie lisamwitt mentioned.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @starguru My sim hasn't become famous enough that other sims are throwing things onto the stage yet. The only other singer I've ever played, the one who's picture is my avatar, once had a Margaret Vanguester car and a pickup truck thrown on the stage at one of her concerts. At least, they were in her inventory afterward, so I'm assuming that's how they got there. LOL!

I did think about resetting the sim, but decided not to. If the other sim had some intention to interact with my sim, resetting her would have reset my sim too, which would have prevented my sim from finishing the concert at all. At least she did get a good rating for her concert, in spite of the interruption.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Yes, that's true (resetting), hadn't thought of that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @starguru My sim hasn't become famous enough that other sims are throwing things onto the stage yet. The only other singer I've ever played, the one who's picture is my avatar, once had a Margaret Vanguester car and a pickup truck thrown on the stage at one of her concerts. At least, they were in her inventory afterward, so I'm assuming that's how they got there. LOL!

Well, hopefully she doesn't get babies thrown at her in the future then! :wink: I haven't played a performer in awhile, so I forget what can all get thrown at them. But recently I had my active attend a Simfest and decided I wanted to throw something at the acrobat on stage. He was doing one of the fire tricks, so I pegged him with marshmallows. :lol:
  • Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
    Maybe it was the toddler who was the fan, and the woman just didn't want to have to stay and listen :wink::lol:
    My Sim, living her best life...
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
    I'm playing a different sim now, in Starlight Shores, also a singer. She just went to a sim fest at the coffeehouse, early Thursday morning. Priscilla Singh, a magician, was the first performer. She had barely gotten started when Sadie (Mason) Richmond brought her toddler up on stage, set her down, and walked off. After Priscilla's first trick, she shooed the toddler. Sadie went back up, gave the hungry toddler a bottle, and walked off again. Priscilla kept shooing her, and Sadie kept coming up and walking back off again, leaving the toddler on the stage. Poor Priscilla's act was a disaster. I finally took pity on her and reset both Sadie and the toddler, so they both got sent home.

Screenshot-185_1.jpg

But after a couple of uneventful acts, when my sim went up to perform, all was going well until near the end of her performance, when three sims walked up onto the stage behind her and stayed there. She was supposed to end her performance, but instead she shooed them and waited for them to leave.

Screenshot-205.jpg

It wouldn't have been so bad, but she had a gig at the Rodeo Go Go, and needed to leave. So, while she wasn't technically late for her gig, since I always have my sims set up as soon as possible, and start right away, she was sort of late. It was legendary anyway, and besides that, she won the simfest, even beating out her old friend, vocal legend Charlie Ray Buckshot. The trophy was in her mailbox when she got home.

My sim, in concert at Rodeo Go Go

Screenshot-224_1.jpg
    At the simfest the previous Thursday, which was also at the coffeehouse, I was focused on my sim's performance. There's always a lot of crowd noise at the coffeehouse simfests, but it suddenly got much, much worse than normal. After the noise had continued unabated for a while, I zoomed out to see what was going on.

concert%20disaster.jpg

As you can see, a woman was in labor, right in front of the stage.