Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving Out Roommate Resets Restaurant Employees Bug

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
:s Last time I played I separated an extra roommate from a household to move in with other Sims.

He was not the owner of the restaurant. That Sim remained behind with her father as I needed rid of the extra roommate for awhile.

After March patch I loaded game to see what was fixed or not fixed. Found my Sim's restaurant employees had all gone missing from being employed and I had to start over a five star restaurant with low level employees and chef. :'(

These previous employees had all been trained, had leveled up skills (some to level ten) and they worked like a fine oiled machine. I had also put them all in a house months ago, marked as played so they would stop aging and remain employees of my Sim who owned the restaurant.

One of two things, either the patch broke the restaurant and kicked all the employees out making me start over with new ones, who have no skills from the choices in the list and or from moving out a non important household member (not even kin) to a different place caused my owner to lose her employees at her restaurant.

Argh, why? Moving out an extra Sim should not effect the situation at a Sim ran restaurant which btw, that extra roommate had never worked at the restaurant as owner, ever. It's very annoying for this to happen. Especially since it's impossible to hire back her long time, well trained crew. She owned the restaurant and she didn't move.

Steps. 1. Last time I played I separated a household (which one was not related so I moved him out to his own place)
2. Didn't play until March patch.
3. Tried to play household who owned the restaurant.
4. Took owner (who has not moved from home) to restaurant to see caution sign my restaurants has no employees. :s
5. They should have showed up for work but I couldn't open restaurant since the game had gotten rid of my Sim's employees which I hired months ago, put in their own house and marked as played at that time, so they would stay employed with her.
6. No way to rehire them. List doesn't change either, of low level Sims available for hire.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited March 2017
    I don't believe moving out the sim would have had anything to do with it, as i've done this in the past without any problems.
    I believe what would more likely be the culprit is marking the household with the restaurant sims in it as "played". You might be able to have them as played if they're homeless but if they live in a house i don't think it will work.

you can cheat the skills on the new employees to be what the old ones had and that works, but if you were particular about the employees you had before, there is a way to influence your hiring options;
    to do this, you would need to first cheat their relevant skills back down to 1, or else they won't show up in the hiring list. (or clone them, make twins, whateva)
    After that, make them homeless, and you would need to delete all of the other homeless sims in your save
    this would then "force" your homeless sims to be in the hiring options, since there are no others to choose from
    then you can cheat their skills back after
    (this all assumes you don't use MCCC, which currently allows just about anyone without a job to show up in the hiring list)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    I don't believe moving out the sim would have had anything to do with it, as i've done this in the past without any problems.
    I believe what would more likely be the culprit is marking the household with the restaurant sims in it as "played". You might be able to have them as played if they're homeless but if they live in a house i don't think it will work.

you can cheat the skills on the new employees to be what the old ones had and that works, but if you were particular about the employees you had before, there is a way to influence your hiring options;
    to do this, you would need to first cheat their relevant skills back down to 1, or else they won't show up in the hiring list. (or clone them, make twins, whateva)
    After that, make them homeless, and you would need to delete all of the other homeless sims in your save
    this would then "force" your homeless sims to be in the hiring options, since there are no others to choose from
    (this all assumes you don't use MCCC, which currently allows just about anyone without a job to show up in the hiring list)

I appreciate your help. But the Sim who owns the restaurant didn't move out. I made her roommate move out with other Sims. Doing so caused her to lose her employees at another lot (community restaurant). I can't rehire her old employees, which I like, because they no longer appear in list of Sims to hire. I don't want to keep the new ones I had to hire.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited March 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »

I appreciate your help. But the Sim who owns the restaurant didn't move out. I made her roommate move out with other Sims. Doing so caused her to lose her employees at another lot (community restaurant). I can't rehire her old employees, which I like, because they no longer appear in list of Sims to hire. I don't want to keep the new ones I had to hire.

i'm sorry, i might have been a little unclear.
    when i said "moving the sim out" i meant the other sim (although it makes no difference which sim you would have moved out, as the restaurant is tied to the household and not the sims themselves)

i've never heard or seen of this causing restaurant employees to reset, but what i was saying is that I have heard and seen this happen when the restaurant employees become tagged as "played" sims and are moved into households, which is what i think the problem is. once you enter the game with the household to tag it as played they lose the jobs in the restaurant

i also gave advice on how to get the old sims back into your restaurant, but you may have missed it.

hope you find a solution!
    Post edited by Cupid on
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »

i'm sorry, i might have been a little unclear.
    when i said "moving the sim out" i meant the other sim (although it makes no difference which sim you would have moved out, as the restaurant is tied to the household and not the sims themselves)

i've never heard or seen of this causing restaurant employees to reset, but what i was saying is that I have heard and seen this happen when the restaurant employees become tagged as "played" sims and are moved into households, which is what i think the problem is. once you enter the game with the household to tag it as played they lose the jobs in the restaurant

i also gave advice on how to get the old sims back into your restaurant, but you may have missed it.

hope you find a solution!

Thank you. I think the patch did it. Because her employees have been in a house I put them in so they wouldn't age and marked as played. They have been her employees (living in a house and marked as played) for months up until the last patch. :/