Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Biggest Sims 4 Mistake So Far?

Comments

• Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    When I first joined, it was toddlers! I enjoy making families and I felt so disappointed that this essential lifestage was absent in my games. It felt empty and strange.

Now that's added and fixed, it has to be transportation. I'm not the biggest fan of cars, but that doesn't mean I don't want my Sims to get around the town easily and have access to the realism this game needs.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i would say the biggest mistake in sims 4 is 1 the nude outfit that should never of been put in the game and second the transgender patch and its content that i will never use
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I could point out what were the biggest mistakes for me personally for the thousandth time, but that's very opinional and stated so many times before (999 times to be precisely) that there's no point to repeat it. If I have to come up with the biggest mistake in a more general way, it's, without a doubt in my mind, the idea to make this game an online experience. Because I think a lot of what's lacking for many, a lot of the sacrifices and the feeling the franchise hasn't really advanced, has its roots there. And because I'm convinced that also for those who like and love the game, the experience would have been much better if they'd never had followed that route.

I agree 100%
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Take note that since this thread is in feedback i am only giving feedpack in my last post
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited March 2017
    i didn't care about toddlers
    i don't care about open world
    i just would like time distortion to be fixed :)
    it has been around for far too long
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Not having toddlers from the start, no color wheel, I think that was the biggest mistakes.
  • Options
    Izzeh96Izzeh96 Posts: 152 Member
    Some of my points have already been said (and probably better worded than I ever could), but some of mine are:
    • no terrain tools;
    • no separate foundation (aka all walls are on foundation or nothing is);
    • the lack of toddlers (though that has been fixed);
    • loading screens for visiting your dang neighbors;
    • no cars;
    • and not even a colour wheel, I don't need full CASt, just a colour wheel to make things match.
    B9uC3gV.png?1
    One of my WIP's

My build showcase
    English isn't my first language but I'm like 90% fluent.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I could point out what were the biggest mistakes for me personally for the thousandth time, but that's very opinional and stated so many times before (999 times to be precisely) that there's no point to repeat it. If I have to come up with the biggest mistake in a more general way, it's, without a doubt in my mind, the idea to make this game an online experience. Because I think a lot of what's lacking for many, a lot of the sacrifices and the feeling the franchise hasn't really advanced, has its roots there. And because I'm convinced that also for those who like and love the game, the experience would have been much better if they'd never had followed that route.

That is the impression I get from looking at the game as is, not only online, but intended to be played with a single sim PC (player character)/family. If that is the case, it would explain:
    the constantly running world with sims played not where you left them, even after pause and save
    absence of certain builders tools - no messing with the server's world
    no apartments as in Sims2 or ability to make them
    de facto hostility to CC/mods, again no messing with the server world
    only one folder for screenshots
    the widespread player unhappiness - we expected what we had before, a stand alone game living on our computers to play and tinker with as we saw fit. What we got was a hybrid, part online and part stand alone that is neither fish nor fowl. It tries to be both and so winds up doing neither very well.

• Options
    bionicdessertsbionicdesserts Posts: 320 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Hmm in terms of base game stuff, probably toddlers and an overall weak emotion and trait system ( Hey, one of the two got fixed, so the other one might get the proper treatment too, right ? One can dream... )

I completely agree with this. Dropping the game without toddler's out was a huge mistake and I'm glad that they fixed it. But now that the major issue is fixed they seriously need to get emotions and the trait system together(get rid of environmental moodlets or at least tweak them to make them less powerful, make traits influence what emotion is experienced in situations instead of every sim having the same emotional reaction to every action, introduce a bigger variety of whims and make them more specific to each sim's traits, just traits having more influence in general). Taking a second, more in depth pass at emotion/traits could take the game from alright to truly awesome.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I would've appreciated it if they handled Supernaturals better from the start. I'd like an option for them to be off if I so choose. It's either not possible or not in the game yet for whatever reason. The point is it should've been planned that way from the start. I do hope if there's another game down the line, it's built in from the beginning to have a toggle on/off. This could extend to pets too, and which types even.

Secondary to that, there shouldn't be any events that happen outside of the player's agency to control. You can choose what happens when an event at work happens. You should be able to choose to hide from Alien abductions in the same sort of pop-up option. You should be able to choose if the male Sims get pregnant from the abductions or not from the same sort of pop-up. You should be able to choose to fight off or stop a vampire from breaking into your house from the same sort of pop-up.

Just think if you had no choice about the work events for an example of how annoying it is. Imagine your Sim at work and suddenly you just get a notice that they lost a major portion of their performance through no doing of your own. Even though it may be random what happens after you choose what to do with an work event, you at least had the option to affect it.

Other than that, there are minor annoyances, but nothing too major for me. They do a good job of improving systems after they introduce them, but I'd appreciate if they'd go back and update the introductions. They introduced business ownership with GTW, which was a bit bare-bones but put the system in the game. Then with DO, they expanded that system into restaurants. I wish they'd put that expanded system back into retail in a patch at some point. But that's more minor than anything else for me. I'm glad GT still gets new activities and perks added to it. That should happen with the rest of it too when possible.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    being put out in a time where eight yearolds are allowed online by themselves in large number
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    being put out in a time where eight yearolds are allowed online by themselves in large number

oh snap :* lol
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Letting out Open world, Cast and toddlers (only thing that came back) when promising a huge diverce emotion setting and multitasking that would change the game.

It did, with bugs. They promised the issues Sims 3 had wouldn't come back because Open world and Cast were gone, yet we still have huge issues. So, obviously it's a big part on them saying things they could never realise. I'm hoping for a Sims 5 or new company. I feel EA just isn't good with the Sims series, the love is kind of gone for me I guess. :'(
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    The biggest mistake is
    Not cars
    Not open world
    Not toddlers
    Not palette of colors
    And mostly make us believe the game was ''amazing''. If they're not do the ''olympus'' thing TS4 would have been a big game. 8M views on the Launch trailer, the game could be a big success... It's a pity for us and them.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited March 2017
    The biggest mistake is
    Not cars
    Not open world
    Not toddlers
    Not palette of colors
    And mostly make us believe the game was ''amazing''. If they're not do the ''olympus'' thing TS4 would have been a big game. 8M views on the Launch trailer, the game could be a big success... It's a pity for us and them.

I can see that English isn't your mother tongue, but oh god.... :D:D:D

"not" implies that "cars, open world, toddlers and palette of colors aren't the mistakes". Pretty sure you meant to use 'no*'.
    NNpYlHF.jpg