Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 pets???

I've seen multiple hints to it online but idk what to believe. I really hope they come out with it but I'm not complaining. The sims 4 is really fun tBh I've played the sims 3 and honestly the sims 4 runs better / faster on my pc and is pretty fun overall. If they add pets great! if they don't soon I'm happy to wait ~

I don't understand why everyone is screaming their heads off and flipping their lids about the sims 4 being different than the sims 3 ??(some of it is literally because the order of the expansion release wasn't the same / to their liking which is really dumb )

Anyway hoping for pets at somepoint~ and no I dont expect it to be free because asking for another free update is kind of rude in my opinion . Maxis answered your whining and gave you toddlers now shhhh xD
Привет друг

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited April 2017
    I totally agree with everything.
    I don't get why pets or season should be given for free. It is their job and people are paid for their job. I haven't seen anyone to work fo free so far.
    Expansions are different and I like it. It would be boring if they would be all same.
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • vasiliypupvasiliypup Posts: 50 Member
    I totally agree at everything.
    I don't get why pets or season should be given for free. It is their job and people are paid for their job. I haven't seen anyone to work fo free so far.
    Expansions are different and I like it. It would be boring if they would be all same.

Exactly ! it's like asking someone to do a paid job then saying "sorry can you perhaps make this free of charge?"
    Привет друг

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think its going to be here sometime this year but not anytime soon because one of the gurus said Oooo, nice - another way to alert you guys of the next Sims 4 livestream. Which isn't announced or anytime soon. Don't ask.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    :( nooo @comicsforlife. I was hoping it might be released in the next quarter. Tho if we get a seasons expansion this coming quarter I won't be too sad.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited March 2017
    I feel the same way :|@silentcyborg
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • CrzydramaqueenCrzydramaqueen Posts: 632 Member
    I agree completely! I am thrilled with the Sims 4 because although it has fewer features than the Sims 3 (Most of which they have added for free anyway) it runs so much smoother. I loved the Sims 3 but it was so unstable. The Sims 4 has fewer bugs and crashes, and is a more pleasant experience for it. They have added pools and toddlers. The only other thing I can think of is color customization options, but if that slows the game down, I can live without. I am so grateful to EA/Maxis for focusing on giving us a quality game!

As for pets, it always seems to be one of the most awaited EPs. That and anything with vampires or supernatural creatures. I would love them to release a pets EP soon! And maybe one with magic? Yes, please!
    cropped-vampiresig-e1486927472938.jpg
  • joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    Well, the Sims 4 has release plenty of packs that made people really ungrateful for and it might have seemed that they were just trying to suck money out of us. I would agree to them releasing these features for free, but if they don't, it's totally fine by me, I just want a new expansion pack. :)
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
  • HeatherRinskiHeatherRinski Posts: 32 Member
    There have been good and Junk in every set of the sims(from some one who has played from the get go). People always find something to complain about it seems, even when we get what they want it isn't perfect. I'd buy pets but I am eagerly waiting for seasons!
  • kaleidoscopicdollkaleidoscopicdoll Posts: 38 Member
    Oh, I really hope they do release Pets someday (soon). As an animal lover my Sim families feel incomplete without a pet. I'd also be thrilled for Seasons too. A lot of us have been asking for this so I hope EA listens to us, but I certainly don't expect them to give us this stuff for free!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    While part of me wishes I hadn't bothered with City Living, I like the other 2 expansions and the 2 game packs I own (Spa Day and Outdoor Retreat). I haven't bought any Stuff Packs yet. I am hoping for Seasons in particular because it adds so much atmosphere to the game. I am not desperate for pets but it's likely I'd buy it eventually. But my top choices are Seasons, Magic and University, in that order.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SoolxxSoolxx Posts: 14 New Member
    I agree! Pets in the sims 4 would be so cute!
  • AStrawberrySlushAStrawberrySlush Posts: 57 Member
    I'm hoping for Pets (and Seasons) too! I don't think either will be coming before summer, however. :( I'm excited for the new Game & Stuff packs coming this spring and summer, though! :) I'll probably purchase both!! (I'm working on collecting all of the games at the moment). Finger's crossed Pets (or Seasons) is the next EP! :)

Happy Simming <3
    Origin ID:
    AStrawberrySlush
  • BlueStreetBlueStreet Posts: 174 Member
    I feel like the only one who hopes for Season first. Seasons is actually my top priority in the Sims games as I think weather should be within the base game but if not the first expansion and ALL expansions including pets should be built around seasons.
    I like having weather in the game. While I like animals and all but pets usually hits my least excited expansion.. But they need to happen and think it should always be right after Seasons if not combine the two!
    Hope there is a gamepack that kinda does Superstar stuff with Celebrities and Music stars.
  • CruelhumanbeanCruelhumanbean Posts: 86 Member
    I think its likely pets is next, based on all the found code, which I'm fine with. I'm really wanting seasons and university, but pets will be a great addition too!!
  • kaolbellekaolbelle Posts: 22 Member
    I personally like the Sims 4 too. I would love to see Pets and Seasons come to the game because they've always been a staple in the franchise. In my opinion people aren't being realistic about this game. I've seen people complain about no seasons or pets even in TS4's first year and acted as though those expansions didn't come later for it's predecessors. If those leaks were true about Pets then I can't wait. Because I really want a dog.
    kaolbelle wrote: »
    I personally like the Sims 4 too. I would love to see Pets and Seasons come to the game because they've always been a staple in the franchise. In my opinion people aren't being realistic about this game. I've seen people complain about no seasons or pets even in TS4's first year and acted as though those expansions didn't come later for it's predecessors. If those leaks were true about Pets then I can't wait. Because I really want a dog.

It's not that anyone doesn't notice they come later in the generation of the sims sequels. It's more of that they shouldn't be so late with them.
    Usually the series was known to do one brand new expansion then a refresher expansion.
    But while I vote seasons between the two these are pretty much two expansions people really want the staple broken and have these expansions earlier rather then later.

Like i said my feeling towards seasons is a lot of the game and future expansions should be built around weather in mind. These games never feel complete when everyday is a sunny day. clothes in the future will need to be fixed to show up in the outerwear clothing selection.
    When pets comes I'll be glad to just get it out of the way though.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't know if Pets will be next or seasons. People say "Look at all the code" but I feel like they'll just keep adding bits of code until they're ready, regardless of which pack is next.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Loanet wrote: »
    I don't know if Pets will be next or seasons. People say "Look at all the code" but I feel like they'll just keep adding bits of code until they're ready, regardless of which pack is next.

I agree, but i'm going to guess Pets.... For me the best thing about that is that we get it out of the way.
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I agree completely! I am thrilled with the Sims 4 because although it has fewer features than the Sims 3 (Most of which they have added for free anyway) it runs so much smoother. I loved the Sims 3 but it was so unstable. The Sims 4 has fewer bugs and crashes, and is a more pleasant experience for it. They have added pools and toddlers. The only other thing I can think of is color customization options, but if that slows the game down, I can live without. I am so grateful to EA/Maxis for focusing on giving us a quality game!

As for pets, it always seems to be one of the most awaited EPs. That and anything with vampires or supernatural creatures. I would love them to release a pets EP soon! And maybe one with magic? Yes, please!

I think the other thing that's left is a terrain tool but to be honest outside community lots that tool will be kind of pointless.

I always hated having to flatten the terrain on the lot I was using back in the day.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • CCC2000CCC2000 Posts: 5 New Member
    I honestly cant wait until Pets and Seasons are made, it will add more fun to the game.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    BlueStreet wrote: »
    I feel like the only one who hopes for Season first. Seasons is actually my top priority in the Sims games as I think weather should be within the base game but if not the first expansion and ALL expansions including pets should be built around seasons.
    I like having weather in the game. While I like animals and all but pets usually hits my least excited expansion.. But they need to happen and think it should always be right after Seasons if not combine the two!
    Hope there is a gamepack that kinda does Superstar stuff with Celebrities and Music stars.

Nope, I do too. Seasons was my favorite expansion in Sims 2 and it's the expansion I am most looking forward to. The only way I can see myself getting really excited for pets is if they add Farming animals (chicken and cows). After seasons I would like university as I think that would be a good way to develop the young adult life stage or a Tropical location with swimming in ocean and resorts(but this could be a GP)
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    CCC2000 wrote: »
    I honestly cant wait until Pets and Seasons are made, it will add more fun to the game.

Me too. :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • EmmaNijiEmmaNiji Posts: 102 Member
    As far as I can see, EPs are only being released once a year. We had City Living for 2016. Pets might come december 2017. we'll be getting a new game pack and stuff pack this summer. fall, probably another stuff pack... I have been waiting for pets since TS4 came out. I'm very patient though! I agree with this post :smile:
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    I'm super excited for pets but I'm happy to wait for them to be done properly. I was playing Sims 3 the other day and watching how my sim had to weirdly step back to pick up the cat and then when she put the cat down, the cat had to walk backwards to get out of the interaction. I'm expecting Sims 4 pets to be a lot more fluid in the way they move and interact. I get that people want pets and seasons to be done earlier but they are the more complicated packs to produce, apparently it takes several years to work on pets as opposed to 1 year for most expansion packs. Considering the things missing from the base game at launch, I think we can safely assume they wouldn't have had time to really get started on these packs beforehand.
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    All I really want right now are pets and seasons, in any order. I am having a great time with the game lately and have stopped playing 2 and 3. After the toddler update, I had no need to play the other games. I am awaiting the family game pack with great anticipation and hoping for all the activities and interactions for toddlers, children and teens that we had in 2 and 3 and that would just complete Sims 4, very nicely. Anything else is a bonus after family, pets and seasons. I don't expect any other free patches as the toddler patch was phenomenal considering it was a gift. The game has run so smoothly for me with no issues and so yes, it is my preferred version of the game for so many reasons.