Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Self-Employment in TS4

One of the things I loved most about TS3: Ambitions was the self-employed careers. I recently got a chance to play with some of the careers from City Living and it made me realize that we were a step closer to self-employment. Have the self-employed careers have daily work hours. Make skill level requirements for every level (Level 1 for Level 1 and so on). You could give each career level a certain amount of money that needed to be earned. The ideal mood could be the one needed to skill. This could be done for gardening, fishing, painting, and so many other things. And it would make ambitious Sims happy because they actually had a job when all they do is sit at home and paint and take care of their toddlers!

Comments

• SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Yes please. I really want some kind of self employment option in my game, cause most of my sims are making heaps of simoleans, yet still get that 'unemployed' tag next to their career status.

I want to be able to make my own self-employed career, similar to how we can with the Club Feature in GT. I wrote about it here: Endless Career Possibilities in one System.

Name our own careers, set our own working times etc. I want more of a sandbox type of gameplay, where my sims can basically keep doing what they already are doing, working from home, or going out to community venues to make simoleans. If we have something like that, we could run our own daycare, run a dance studio, be a private music teacher, or a professional artisan.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Some of it is kind of self-employed though. Some of it has work from home options.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Some of it is kind of self-employed though. Some of it has work from home options.

we mean a self-employeed writer, or a painter (ie NOT in the Writing or Painting career) are just unemployed..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • GoldilockGoldilock Posts: 80 Member
    Self-employment is a nice idea. I would add a home-schooling option to that as well. I hate sending my kids to school.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I would love an option for self-employment :) I mean, when you let your sims paint or write books and they earn money with that, it's a bit dull that they are considered "unemployed" :D
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • IhascandyIhascandy Posts: 67 Member
    There is a self - employment mod on 'Mod the sims'. Haven;t tried it yet but it has a good rating. Look it up! :)
    44318e6415ea052bd5b7c38074aad0aa.png
    That's one small step for a sim... one giant leap for simkind...

• SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I would really love a self-employment option since all of my sims work at home, so that'll be perfect for my sims!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • ImperialCircusImperialCircus Posts: 31 Member
    Goldilock wrote: »
    Self-employment is a nice idea. I would add a home-schooling option to that as well. I hate sending my kids to school.

I thought I was the only one interested in home-schooling! I hate sending my sims off to work and school because I can pretty much do everything at home, but I don't want everyone to think their "unemployed" or something.