Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Medieval Help!

lizeid87lizeid87 Posts: 446 Member
Is anyone still playing this game? If you are, I'm stuck lol. I'm currently on a quest where I have to battle the sorcerer's battle and train someone for 15 mins but there isn't anyone around to train even waiting days! It also said to recruit 3 people so I recruited 3 guards. Should I have recruited normal commoners? Thanks for your help!

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    You can recruit guards - I usually do, for this sort of thing. Not sure who you are supposed to train for what, where. Try inviting the Sim you want to Train to either your Sim's home or the Training Square (if you have one). Once that Sim is on the same lot with your Sim and a training dummy, you should be able to click on the training dummy for the option to train. One thing I have run into on my Knight is that some achievements require the BASIC training dummy (cloth and straw) not the armored upgrade.
  • lizeid87lizeid87 Posts: 446 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    You can recruit guards - I usually do, for this sort of thing. Not sure who you are supposed to train for what, where. Try inviting the Sim you want to Train to either your Sim's home or the Training Square (if you have one). Once that Sim is on the same lot with your Sim and a training dummy, you should be able to click on the training dummy for the option to train. One thing I have run into on my Knight is that some achievements require the BASIC training dummy (cloth and straw) not the armored upgrade.[/quote

I can't even find the guards I chose to recruit lol. But thanks for the suggestion and I had no idea about the training dummy being sometimes picky. I had to quit the quest but when it comes back around I'm going to try to recruit regular commoners. Thanks again!
    Be aware that some Sims leave the castle environs at night for the off-screen rabbit-hole "village" to the south and, when they are not within the precincts of your castle, cannot be selected for a tracking icon from your acquaintance list! That said, they ought to return at some point between 6 and 8 in the morning.

Good luck on your next try, and happy Simming!
  • cerakithecatcerakithecat Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello guys,
    I know that my subject is a bit out-dated but I d like to ask about some achievements in sims medieval that seem to be bugged. For example, in the kindom ambitions,, one is called Imperial Domination. To get the platinum badge you need to complete this: Possessor of All - Platinum: Annex all Foreign Territories. the thing is that I have annexed all the territories (including Gastonbury and and Effenmont) and all of the terittories are loyal to me but still can' t get the platinum badge. Plus, I tried to maximize my loyalty with Effenmont by sending countless patrols and even though the loyalty bar is at the maximum, I still can' t get the badge for this.
    Thank you in advance :)
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Hopefully this link will be of some help.
    http://www.carls-sims-medieval-guide.com/foreignallies.php
    Hello guys,
    I know that my subject is a bit out-dated but I d like to ask about some achievements in sims medieval that seem to be bugged. For example, in the kindom ambitions,, one is called Imperial Domination. To get the platinum badge you need to complete this: Possessor of All - Platinum: Annex all Foreign Territories. the thing is that I have annexed all the territories (including Gastonbury and and Effenmont) and all of the terittories are loyal to me but still can' t get the platinum badge. Plus, I tried to maximize my loyalty with Effenmont by sending countless patrols and even though the loyalty bar is at the maximum, I still can' t get the badge for this.
    Thank you in advance :)

Are you sure your kingdom Ambition was still active when you annexed all the territories? If you have completed an Ambition, while you may continue to play it, you can no longer unlock achievements with it. To get the achievement, you have to accomplish the goal with the initial number of Quest Points provided for the Ambition.

First of all, thank you very much for answering. I thought noone will answer :P .
    I m not sure I totally understood your answer though. Not that it s your fault, I just never paid attention to the QP. If I see a quest, I just take it and try to finish it with platinum progress. I think I just leave it be with gold.
    What about that thing on the achievement book? Getting maximum loyalty with a territory but not getting the achievemnt unlocked. I just send patrols to maximize the bar since it 's the easiest way but can t get the achievement unlocked...
    > @applefeather2 said:
    > Hopefully this link will be of some help.
    > http://www.carls-sims-medieval-guide.com/foreignallies.php

Thank you very much for your reply.
    I have already checked that link when I started doing the quest, but it was of no use when I tried to get to platinum in the ambition.
  • StChenceStChence Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi there, I've got a bit of an odd question,,,,,so the problem is that I need to see the full name of my sim and the game only shows their first name + their title. Is there a way to view the full name?? 'cause I sorta forgot all their surnames (._.)
    I have poked around and, even with debug cheats enabled, I cannot find any way to check a Sim's surname. The only time I know of that one sees it is when creating the Sim, or selecting one in your bin to be the Hero Sim for a newly placed structure, or when replacing a deceased Hero.

Why do you need their full name? If they are stuck, enabling debug cheats for your game allows a Shift+Click reset.
  • StChenceStChence Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, Sindocat, and thank you sm for the reply
    That problem is silly, I know. The sims are fine and I simply need to remember their surnames (buT IT'S VERY IMPORTANT)
    Yeah, guess I'll just kill them all and reload the game :sweat_smile:
    thanks again! <3
    I forget my Sims' surnames too. Well, not my blacksmith's, because it's Smith. And I think my minstrel's surname is Gallant. But I don't even remember the name of my ruling house, who have been monarchs of Kingland since I started playing. xD But yeah - check when you create them and / or select them as Hero for a new building. I tried and tried, even looking into my game files, and couldn't track them down anywhere.
    Adept Barnabus commands the thread to arise and hear him!

Q1XMP1n.jpg

Just a little thread necromancy, because I have discovered how to veryify a Sim's surname in TSM. Thing is, you need to be able to get them to a dresser to plan an outfit.

In dresser mode, if you mouseover the the character's portrait icon at the bottom of the screen, it lists their full name.

Not helpful if they are stuck in the forest, or in the stocks, or lost in the village and have not returned, but if you can get to a dresser, the info is there!
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I forget my Sims' surnames too. Well, not my blacksmith's, because it's Smith. And I think my minstrel's surname is Gallant. But I don't even remember the name of my ruling house, who have been monarchs of Kingland since I started playing. xD But yeah - check when you create them and / or select them as Hero for a new building. I tried and tried, even looking into my game files, and couldn't track them down anywhere.

I always give them surnames according to their jobs. In fact they don't use them, so I don't care much.
  • pxarapxara Posts: 1 New Member
    > @StChence said:
    > Hi there, I've got a bit of an odd question,,,,,so the problem is that I need to see the full name of my sim and the game only shows their first name + their title. Is there a way to view the full name?? 'cause I sorta forgot all their surnames (._.)

If you're using Windows, go to your Documents. Then check this location: Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/SavedSims
    If you saved your Sims when you created them, there are files with the Sims names.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    > @pxara said:
    > > @StChence said:
    > > Hi there, I've got a bit of an odd question,,,,,so the problem is that I need to see the full name of my sim and the game only shows their first name + their title. Is there a way to view the full name?? 'cause I sorta forgot all their surnames (._.)
    >
    > If you're using Windows, go to your Documents. Then check this location: Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/SavedSims
    > If you saved your Sims when you created them, there are files with the Sims names.

This only works if you saved them when you created them. For sims in the game you need to edit them in CAS like one of the previous posts described. But I don't give their full names much attention anymore because you never see them anyway.