Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forgotten Hollow is beautiful, but...

Comments

• DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    I wish that the world included vampire specific bars, nightclub or even a new lots that catered specifically to vampires and any mortal that dares enter.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I personally like it small, which is not to say that I would not welcome another neighborhood with open arms. But if it meant that the wonderfully detailed world was more like Newcrest then I'd pass. I will forever be ashamed about Magnolia Promenade being small, expansions are where no expenses should be spared for world creation, I feel more lenient towards game packs.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    The chess set in the center was a nice touch
  • TeoKnowsBestTeoKnowsBest Posts: 81 Member
    Forgotten Hallow is too small for my taste, but I like it too. And yes, sims just walk by and leave, kinda hard to even drink plasma from one cus they disappear too fast.

Origin: TeoKnowsBest
  • SanguiniRebornSanguiniReborn Posts: 26 Member
    That's exactly how I would describe it, lonely. I wish that there were more lots and maybe a vampire hangout with an increased chance of vampires or something. I was a bit disappointed that the other empty house filled with garlic didn't have a vampire hunter sim with a play on Hellsing or Harker living in it.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't need or want a larger vampire neighborhood, In one save, I moved the young vamps in with Vlad and used their lot for a "old church" vampire bar complete with an underground blood pool to revitalize any tired vamp.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I love Forgotten Hollow but I wish it was bigger. It's still one of my favorite worlds though I mainly use it for Halloween. Sometimes I'll send my sims fishing at that spot with the waterfall.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited February 2018
    I have a mod that removes all vampires from my save. I used to have a couple of single sims living in FH. I lose track of time sometimes living there because the sun barely rises.
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited February 2018
    Forgotten Hollow is perfect for Vampires and you can place more families there. In my game at night time there are plenty of townies walking by who to tease with Vampire powers and also bite them :blush: . It has very good atmosphere for vampires or any kind of darker themed challenges etc. It is small but feels cozy in a mysterious way. When I am not playing Vampires I use it as creepy place to visit with normal sims and it is easy to spot a vampire there when you go at night. It´s like the secret little place for remaining Vampires in the sim world and the Vampires who has abandoned it and are disguised as normal sims need to go there sometimes for plasma trees etc. which is cool.

The perfect setting is to place powerful Vampire families there and play as normal looking Vampires in another worlds and then they sometimes go to visit those powerful dark Vampire families. I have this background story for one of my vampire´s who want´s to be a good vampire and live like humans in human world but is possessed by the ancient evil Vampires and must visit the "elders" there etc :smiley: .

Then you can also replace some of the houses with community lots to bars, nightclubs or something like that. Great place for that goth themed cafe or bakery too.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It would be cool if FH was updated with whatever Supernatrual state came out, so that you could have Vampires, Witches and Werewolves all in the same world. After all, there is that bridge to nowhere. It would basically be a free update for Vampires, considering almost everybody who bought Vampires would be the kind of person who'd buy Witches or Wizards.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I only like FH for its dark atmosphere and Vlad s house which is were my favorite vampire sim lives..i dont think there is another lot in the game like that ( up in a hill with a cemetary and the fog)..but i do agree it too small...there is also a glitch in my game that when i click on a sim that passes through the square he doesnt stop but he cobtinues his route for quite sometime...so its pretty hard to have an interaction with a Sim on the spot...does anyone else have that in his game?
  • ButteredBiscuitButteredBiscuit Posts: 11 New Member
    what I would like to see added to the vampire pack is a new career called vampire hunter. and In said career there would be a 10% or so, chance of coming back dead, i'e drop dead at front door, and/or 8% chance of being turned into vampire. as well as adding a new state
    "staked vampire" confidence +3... or something like that. the career would need to require vampire knowledge, and you can't be a vampire, so ha!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    There is vampire slayer in this game. My sim is one - but he doesn't kill vampires per sec - he cures them.

I generally don't let him cure all of them - he leaves the nicer, good Vamps alone - in fact some are his friends and one is his girlfriend even. He just goes after the evil - feeding off of sims type vamps. But that is in the game. He even lives in their neighborhood. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• StefSimStefSim Posts: 37 Member
    well I don't play vampires / fantasy with my sims so I was trying to think of what to do with that neighbourhood so I decided to make it into a ghetto & place for criminal activity!!
    edited February 2018
    StefSim wrote: »
    well I don't play vampires / fantasy with my sims so I was trying to think of what to do with that neighbourhood so I decided to make it into a ghetto & place for criminal activity!!

I am surprised the 3 main Vamps have not reappeared yet as the AI is programmed to replace those 3 if they are removed and no other Vamps are there to take their place. I am not sure how long it takes to happen though. I just know a Master vamp does eventually reappear where Vlads house was.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I still don't play as vampires much .. just as a vampire slayer (no cures here @Writin_Reg hehe.. but great idea). I do use Forgotten Hollow for creepy themes though it's had the Adams family in it once never got around to putting the Munsters there. Right now I have a save with the Bates Motel... the Psycho house is on another lot. Eventually I'll get around to playing it as a vampire or witch community.
    egTcBMc.png
    @Writin_Reg yeah there is a vampire hunter'ish theme in the game...but sims don't get paid for it ;)
    edited February 2018
    @Writin_Reg yeah there is a vampire hunter'ish theme in the game...but sims don't get paid for it ;)

Well neither did Buffy or the Night Stalker. Guess there are many calls for a Vampire slayer occupation. LOL.

My fav tv show I never miss is Supernatural - and those Winchester boys kill every kind of monster there is - and never get paid. There are often people who just like to be Heroes - at least in games and TV Land. LOL.

My hubby did it for 22 years in real life as a Volunteer fireman - so there are real Heroes in this world that regularly risk their lives who never get paid to do it - and also have to have a real job besides their volunteer work.

In dreams - I LIVE!

yesss there are such things as volunteers.....but this is a game and my sim don't save people cause just he can, he has three littles at home and theres not a lot of choice for careers in game, so was just suggesting one. and in supernatural they don't need to get paid cause Dean steals saying "well, we need to eat too ya know that sammy"
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    yesss there are such things as volunteers.....but this is a game and my sim don't save people cause just he can, he has three littles at home and theres not a lot of choice for careers in game, so was just suggesting one. and in supernatural they don't need to get paid cause Dean steals saying "well, we need to eat too ya know that sammy"

How about making a klepto vampire hunter that steals things to sell so they can make a living?

I would actually love it if they'd made vampire hunter as an actual career, too. I was hoping Archaeologist would be a career with this new pack but I think they're focusing more on giving us the tools and letting us make careers out of those tools, if we want (other than vampire hunter cause I can't think of a way to make any money doing that). My favorite careers in TS3 were essentially self-employed ones (painting, inventing and selling those things), though I also liked the Architect career when they added that. But some of the entrepreneurial careers were a bit lame, in my opinion. The P.I. career (the one I was looking forward to most) was disappointing. At least this way we can take them in whatever direction we want. Would be nice if we could register the businesses with City Hall again, though--that was a cool feature.

It would be nice if there were an aspiration to rid the world of all vampires for the vampire hunters, though.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • iamsweetmysteryiamsweetmystery Posts: 250 Member
    I heard a rumour when Vampires first came out there would be vampire hunters in the game to add a challenge and keep the vampire populations in check, since they're immortal and harder to cull. However, in my first save I have dozens of vampires living amongst all the Worlds and I haven't seen a single sign that hunters even exist. I wonder if it was just baseless speculation, or if I just haven't triggered whatever makes hunters appear.
    9ndehwc.png
  • iamsweetmysteryiamsweetmystery Posts: 250 Member
    @ebuchala - I think Archaeologist should have been a Career too. I would have made a lot of sense. It could have even easily branched (Field Archaeologist & Museum Curator). That said, you can make a fair bit of money off the Archaeology Skill. If you build the Skill to 10 and get the Pop Up Archaeology Work Bench, you will be regularly sent artifacts in the mail to authenticate. After you authenticate them, click them and select "Mail Back to Institute" and you will be immediately paid typically 3000+ Simoleons per artifact. It's a nice supplement to one's income and pays well more than a day's work in most Careers.
    9ndehwc.png
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    There's nothing to do there.
    I appreciate why they had to make it a world with only 1 neighbourhood, but I can't help thinking if it had 2 neighbourhoods/10 lots total there would be room to place community lots and there would be more to do.

I get very few sims appear there and they just walk through from one side to the other and disappear; no one even makes use of the chess tables.

It seems like it would be a great place for vampires to live, but in practice it feels lonely being there.
    Does that make sense?
    I'm trying to come up with ways to give my sims more to do there but it's proving difficult.

You do realize that you can live in Forgotten Hollow and frequent locations in other worlds, right? In my opinion, the term “world” here is confusing. All the worlds, or more correctly, towns, all exist within your current game. Calling them worlds makes it seem like they are separate.

If you wanna go to a gym, click travel, then click the world icon in the upper left, choose the town and venue, and just go. When you think about it as if they are all cities in the same world, it opens things up creatively.

My main sim, Drucilla, frequently leaves FH looking for collectibles, goes to the gym, and goes on dates at the museum. Not every town needs every venue. I will agree though, it needed at least two more open lots. But other than that, I love it.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    If I'm using Forgotten Hollow I usually put a bar in the empty lot.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    If I'm using Forgotten Hollow I usually put a bar in the empty lot.

ooo, i really like that idea. always a good idea to have a neighborhood bar. ;)