Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They got the bubble blower all wrong

snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
Think back in the sims games that bubble blower was a hoot I spent hours watching my sims and their friends blow bubbles then float in the air and do flips then laugh they was so addicted to it, Now every sim has a negative reaction to it and isn't fun at all, who agree with me on this? I want the fun back in the bubble blower. They shouldn't act like that are smoking simweed it's a bubble blower for corn sakes
The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y

Comments

• Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Think back in the sims games that bubble blower was a hoot I spent hours watching my sims and their friends blow bubbles then float in the air and do flips then laugh they was so addicted to it, Now every sim has a negative reaction to it and isn't fun at all, who agree with me on this? I want the fun back in the bubble blower. They shouldn't act like that are smoking simweed it's a bubble blower for corn sakes

Anyone who remembers me from back in the TS2 days might recall that Bubble Blowers were the bane of my existance and banned on my lots for all of eternity. Their attraction to those things was ridiculous.
  • snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    @Uzone27 :) I loved them but yes you was right about it being ridiculous
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    I don't mind it being the equivalent of a good ol' J in the Sims world. What I don't like is how they don't seem to have a lot of fun with it anymore.

Also, why does every Sim have to cough while using it sooner or later ? Like if it's the equivalent of smoking pot I understand that some might do it when they first start or even "experienced" Sims when they overdo it.

But I feel like there's no progression there, it's always kind of taboo no matter how many times you use it and Sims will always act like they're new to it.
    If you read the last part of my post you would get the jest of what I meant they have the interaction more like they are inhaling simweed in stead of just blowing some bubbles
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    I don't mind it being the equivalent of a good ol' J in the Sims world. What I don't like is how they don't seem to have a lot of fun with it anymore.

Also, why does every Sim have to cough while using it sooner or later ? Like if it's the equivalent of smoking pot I understand that some might do it when they first start or even "experienced" Sims when they overdo it.

But I feel like there's no progression there, it's always kind of taboo no matter how many times you use it and Sims will always act like they're new to it.
    If you read the last part of my post you would get the jest of what I meant they have the interaction more like they are inhaling simweed in stead of just blowing some bubbles

Even experienced smokers will on occasion "over hit" a hooka
  • FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
    It's the war against bubbles, man
    q6goV2s.png
    Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    edited March 2017
    I hate how EVERYONE is against the hookahs and that no one uses it autonomously.
    Why can't there be a hidden trait of sims who like it and sims who hate it?
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    I was a little surprised when I saw that they made the sims have a negative reaction to the blower. It reminds me of how in TS3, they always booed the fish in the aquarium. I agree that there should be a fun factor to it. Do they even get a Dazed emotion with that thing? That would be hilarious.
    EiFlric.png
    I hate how EVERYONE is against the hookahs and that no one uses it autonomously.
    I'm not against it the sims just need to love it, I hate that all the good stuff just goes un used what's the point if they don't use the fun stuff without us making them use it
    ts1depot wrote: »
    I was a little surprised when I saw that they made the sims have a negative reaction to the blower. It reminds me of how in TS3, they always booed the fish in the aquarium. I agree that there should be a fun factor to it. Do they even get a Dazed emotion with that thing? That would be hilarious.
    My favorite was the helium where they would talk funny then float in the air and do flips
    edited March 2017
    ts1depot wrote: »

Actually I don't have the object myself...but this may be an inside joke.
    You could not get the Sims off the TS2 version and a lot of people complained about it (including myself)
    The fact that they have the complete opposite reaction in this game makes me a bit suspicious it was done that way on purpose.
  • LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    I know this is a little off topic but I remember when they showed the bubble blower in the trailer kids (I am guessing they were kids) in the comments were like "Are they vaping!?" I burst out laughing. :D
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited March 2017
    definitely annoying how everyone gets mad at it
    even more annoying when my sim coughs up the bubbles and gets everyone mad at him lmao
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I prefer to think of it as bubbles, otherwise I wouldn't be inclined to even have them in my game. :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    So what are the different flavors supposed to do?
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member

give different moodlets. Can't say exactly what does which but I can tell you that's how it works :)
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    I'm not against it the sims just need to love it, I hate that all the good stuff just goes un used what's the point if they don't use the fun stuff without us making them use it

lol not you
    By everyone I meant the actual sims
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

They give emotions

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hahaha. I remember a video I made for entertainment, where this hippy guy I created was running down the road chasing after his girlfriend's car, because in the video he tried to keep her happy with things, (gave her gifts in TS2) and a fur coat, etc. But he was addicted to the bubble blower, she would come in and find him using it again. Then she would start to lecture, he imagined her as the clown NPC (from ModtheSims) who was yaking, yaking, yaking. Alas, they tried to talk it out, but she left him. lol It was one of the best times I had making that video. My imagination seems to have worked better back then, and my skills. lol (He was always 'flying high', lol).

ETA: not only was my machinima skills better but so was that hookah. :(
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member

I have no idea about the bubble blower since I only had My Sims try it one time, it did not give Me a wow factor for them, so I never had them use it again, it was just weird for Me, :)
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I remove every bubble blower that comes with the apartments. It just annoys me. It should be fun. My sims even get the want to buy one, but what's the point? They're just going to hate it and cough all the time.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    I dont think I have ever used it in TS4, except for a couple times.
    In TS2, I would always place them at parties to increase the outcome of my parties lol it usually worked.

This thread cracked me up :D
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,582 Member
    The only problem I have with it is that if your sim is walking to somewhere else but past the bubble blower, they would cut their task just to "look at the bubble blower" and be like "ugh" or "cool thing is cool". And it was kinda annoying cuz my sim's actions kept on being cancelled. Ultimately, I had to delete the bubble blower in the house. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »

Anyone who remembers me from back in the TS2 days might recall that Bubble Blowers were the bane of my existance and banned on my lots for all of eternity. Their attraction to those things was ridiculous.

AND the attraction to musical instruments, too. My poor Sims 2 sims couldn't have anybody over, hoping for some social interaction without them being drawn to the instruments. LOL