Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No accidental Deaths - I'm being a reaper here hehe, but I want DEATH!

Comments

• trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    I'm with you. I never thought I'd wish for more death but here we are, LOL. I do miss that about Sims 2 and 3 as well. I don't know why but I thought for sure that the "Gremlins" lot trait would cause a few indirect deaths (Which, technically, it can if your sims tries to fix it but I'm lazy and just replace everything or call the repair man because it usually happens when they're just about off to work).

Actually here's a really cute video about death in Sims 2, 3 and 4.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    I'm bringing this thread back out in desperation.
    Besides what I'm doing right this minute which is locking my poor unfortunate Sim in a cupboard with no toilet, space to lie down or access to food. What do you do to kill them off so that it still looks like it was an accident?

Need ideas and excitement here people!

Must admit my simmie in the cupboard, all dirty and nodding off standing up is pretty funny, terribly sadistic but funny.
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    Get him bit by a vampire and then leave him out in the sun?

That's pretty quick and can be written off as an accident because being new to vampiring he might not realise the power of the Sun's rays.
    Don't feed the trolls
    He has been! It was a while ago now and that was accidental. I just found my sim passed out in the sun on his front lawn. It said he was feeling tired and he had bite marks on his neck, Nothing happened! >:) I actually didn't know they could die like that lol. So yup currently locked in a cupboard!
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    I would like more deaths, honestly. My Sims never starts fires, electrocute themselves, or do anything that could be fatal, even if I make them do things like repair a row of televisions at level 1 Handiness while extremely tired.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    @NoTalent, that's pretty much my gripe, too. It got so that even in Sims3, my Sims were rarely at risk. And Sims4 is no better in this aspect. I miss the actual ghosts who could 'scare a Sim to death'. Everything just can't always be so picture perfect, that allows for boredom to set it — rapidly.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    I've started operating kind of by a one-and-done method - I very seldom set out to kill a sim on purpose, but if they stupidly electrocute themselves trying to fix electronics? They get a second try. Similar with the cowplant. If they insist on doing their homework on an open patio in the bright sunlight (and they are a vampire), so be it. If they set themselves on fire (and I do have a "more frequent fires" mod) I just sit back and watch to see what happens. Sometimes they put themselves out, sometimes someone else helps, sometimes they don't. I usually have someone try to plead with Grim but I'm only about 50/50 on saving sims that way, even if the pleader has a really high relationship with the dead sim.
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    My sims only die when they get old, no accidents or anything else has ever happened (not even when i try).
    Once i tried to kill one of my sims via hunger, but i failed miserably because i wasn't paying attention and the sim got some food to eat while i was tending other sims...wasted good 20 minutes for nothing. I let the sim live :lol:
    Next time when i try to kill someone I'll just use walls to prevent any unnecessary throwbacks.

I really miss The Sims 2 and easy deaths when making food or repairing items :lol:
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    My sims only die when they get old, no accidents or anything else has ever happened (not even when i try).
    Once i tried to kill one of my sims via hunger, but i failed miserably because i wasn't paying attention and the sim got some food to eat while i was tending other sims...wasted good 20 minutes for nothing. I let the sim live :lol:
    Next time when i try to kill someone I'll just use walls to prevent any unnecessary throwbacks.

I really miss The Sims 2 and easy deaths when making food or repairing items :lol:

Same, I liked the unpredictability of it all. I don't want constant death, just at least a few surprises.
    edited April 2017
    Nooo couldn't even kill by locking him away!

I went into another household to fix something came back and somehow the little 'plum' had escaped stuffed himself full with food, had a sleep and gone to work. Could he be immortal after being bitten by the vampire?
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    It is too difficult for sims to die by accident! I love Sims 4, but I really miss accidents!
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Sablesasha wrote: »
    I've had neighbours kark it when there's been a fire, but never one of my own sims unless they are on their very last tottery old legs and almost need a walking frame or a wheelchair!

Not one of my sims has died of starvation, fire, electrocution. And aren't there deaths like die of laughter, sex and I'm sure there were others.

How do you do it? Or should I say how do you knock your sim off whilst it still is accidental?

I found the vampire powers to change moods can have a damaging effect to Sims on community lots :D
    knazzer wrote: »
    I found the vampire powers to change moods can have a damaging effect to Sims on community lots :D

Oh do tell!? What's been happening?

• TessaLee74TessaLee74 Posts: 278 Member
    Wasn't a sort of "death" pack one of the options for the pack we got to vote for? That would have been so awesome. But you know, I guess Eco stuff is cool too. :( I find the wishing well to be useful for causing deaths and drama. Gives literal meaning to death wish. :)
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Sablesasha wrote: »
    knazzer wrote: »

Oh do tell!? What's been happening?

Max out the Vampire power "Influence Emotion" and enable in a busy community lot and see what happens :)
  • Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    I 100% agree with having accidental deaths we NEED them to spice things up. My vampire sim died from being out in the sun, she was thin skinned times 3 and I loved every moment of it. I would have her go out at night but lose track of the time and before I know it she's burning up. I would always get her in the house just in time before she died and it gave me such a thrill because I wasn't trying to kill her. I would be yelling at the screen telling her to hurry up and get in the house lol but the last time she didn't make it and she was right at the door too. I thought about bringing her back to life but I told myself "She's gone now, just let her go."
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    Let your sim woohoo in a closet and put toilets around it and double speed through the day.
  • geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    Dev's this is what we talk about when we men Depth in game or the lack of it. yes please more Deaths and not stupid ones like dyeing of laughter fgs
    OMG OMG OMG! it finally happened.

Well sort of, admittedly my simmie was old but he was woohooing and he's karked it!
  • nettuenettue Posts: 2 New Member
    Funnily enough, the only accidental deaths for occurred in single households that I literally just started. In the Sims 3 I made a Witch who had a pug and she made it not even one day before she was hit by a meteor leaving my adorable pug being taken (cry). In the Sims 4 I created another Sim for City Living that I moved into an apartment. It was the gremlin apartment. Three days or so in she got electrocuted. Other then these I'm not experiencing any accidental deaths in my long game plays :( ... I installed Risky Woohoo so I get a few curve balls thrown into my stories but I wish some ideas like the sicknesses would have been worked out a bit further. So for being sick is nothing really top my sims because they so easily rake up so many other moodlets that one barely notices that they are sick unless they have stuff on their skin. Their should be more drive behind takign care of those illnesses. In the Sims 2 if I remember right they could actually die from them... I need more curve balls!!!
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    @nettue - you're right about sicknesses needing to be worked out further.

I got one of my Sims to make all the Herbal Remedies and then she was just stuck with nothing much to do with them.

It would've been great if a sick Sim could've phoned or texted and asked for a remedy.

That could work if one was playing either the sick Sim or the Herbalist.

A Herbalist could even start up a little online business that other Sims could order from.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    edited May 2017
    ratsrbest wrote: »
    Get him bit by a vampire and then leave him out in the sun?

That's pretty quick and can be written off as an accident because being new to vampiring he might not realise the power of the Sun's rays.

But that's not accidental, it's contrived and completely expected. In sims 2, things happened that were unforeseen. That made it interesting and once you knew how it could happen, you played your sims to avoid the problem next time, if it wasn't something you wanted to happen again. For instance, when I first started playing the sims 2, all those years ago, I didn't know a sim could die when trying to fix the dishwasher without many skill points in handy or what ever it was called back then. My sim died! I was devastated, but I kept playing and wrote to EA and learned that I could revive my sim with that phone to the Grimm reaper. It was FUN! learning how to get him back! It was fun trying to play strategically. That's why accidental deaths are a good thing to put into the game. I my opinion it's too bad they were purposefully designed out of this game.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • ImperialCircusImperialCircus Posts: 31 Member
    After watching a video of some of deaths from the Sims 2 and 3, I feel as if the Sims 4 lost some of it's creativeness in that aspect of the game. I mean, yeah, we can die by being too angry, too playful, and too embarrassed, but those deaths aren't really an accident. You have to try extremely hard to have that happen.

What I want is meteors that fall out the sky and kill you when you're cloud gazing! Or ghosts that scare you to death! The only thing I have to watch out for is abductions, which is sorta fun, but the only risk is potentially getting pregnant with an alien baby. I just want a bit more risk, excitement, and death in my Sims' lives.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    edited May 2017
    @windweaver, the purposeful designing began back in Sims3. I had a devil of a time experiencing any kind of accidental death in that game. For the first time, ever, I created a family for the express purpose of experimenting with the game, as opposed to playing my own Sims that I prefer. The dad was a 'couch potato' and was in the living room watching their very large screen TV. There was a nice crackling, cozy fire in the fireplace, which managed to catch the room on fire. I thought, oh no!. Nobody grabbed the toddler to take outside. :open_mouth: Nobody perished in the fire. It was so disappointing, I can't tell you. We need that edge of danger. That random illness that your Sim fights to keep (as in won't stay down, or in bed where your instructed them to go). The expectant Mom being in real danger of perishing from hunger, or simply taking out the trash!

@ImperialCircus, I've not even been successful orchestrating an emotional death! I was willing to sacrifice my Sim (knowing he's got a clone in My Library, helps) to see death by anger. I guess they're supposed to have a heart-attack, or something. I kept having him fulfill his anger whims, but alas, suddenly, he was over his fit. :disappointed: My Cantrell family is very important to me. I first created them for my Star Trek mini-series (see my siggie). When I decided to have some fun using them in the Sims games (I started out with Sims2) they became a staple of my simming, if you will. In Sims3, I was willing to sacrifice the eldest in that family. The dishwasher broke one too many times, and I decided, a-hah, Aaron has next to no handiness skills. I'll let him 'fix' the dishwasher and see what happens. Na-da. The next time it broke, instead of having him mop up the flood, first, I went ahead and had him 'fix', while standing in said water. Na-da. You can imagine my sheer shock and horror, some time later when his next younger brother, my favorite, went to fix his broken spa in his own home. Yes, there was water in the grass, but hadn't I just disproved that standing in water to fix something electric in this game, defies the basics of Physical Science? Of course, not. It's the Sims! I had panned the camera up to the third floor, where his new wife was busy broadcasting, when I got the ominous sound … As for trying to watch for satellites, my Sims had much better things to do, so that one goes unexperienced for me. As for the meteors, I did experience that in Sims3. I found out that all I had to do was have my active family move from house to house to house, as they upgraded (in the same save). Suddenly, during their toddler's birthday party the guests got quite a surprise. Happily, no one was killed, but one Sim had the presence of mind to call the fire department for help. Now, that's a birthday party! I do have my Sims cloud-gaze, however. So I'm very much in favor of your suggestion. Please, if you haven't already, place it in the suggestion box so that EA might give it a read. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    ARRRGGGGGhhhhhh!

The struggle continues. My Original sim who managed to woohoo her husband to death (finally! the first death in ever sooo long time I've been playing this) still hasn't died. The heir is never going to be able to take over at this point.

Shes PLUM 117! COME ON! She's surely got to die at some time... this is getting ridiculous. I've run her until she's faceplanted on the footpath. starved her... had her out and about the neighbourhood all hours of the night. I've tried micromanaging, not managing at all and leaving them to it. Nothing is happening. Maybe they're too healthy?

Yet there's another thread on this site about accidental deaths. Boy, that doesn't happen in my game.

Stomps of with and angry stomp like a demented mad sim.