Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Replacing an upgraded object

Just wanna know something. I have a stereo that's fully upgraded. It broke. If I choose to replace it, do the upgrades remain or do I need to upgrade all over again?
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    When ever I have replaced an object it loses all it's upgrades for me - I always have my sims repair the item. Did you not upgrade the item to not break. You should get that level of upgrade eventually if you have a sim with high handy skills and who has upgraded a fair amount of stuff.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I dunno. My sim was level 10 in handiness. I thought I read some place, things still break but less frequently.
    Well, at least I know not to replace them then (the upgrader died). Thanks :)
  • Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    Ive replaced broken items before and they have always kept all their upgrades.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    So which one is it? I haven't done replacing for a while, but would like to know :)
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited March 2017
    So which one is it? I haven't done replacing for a while, but would like to know :)

ditto :D
    (I called a repairman this time but would like to know for fututre)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I am not sure as I replaced several items when my sims handiness was low, he had no parts either to fix things - before we had repairmen - and I did not get the upgrade when I replaced said item. Back then I was fearful he would get electrocuted like past Sims games, so I replaced them and lost the upgrade. I cannot say though now if that may have changed since the game has repairmen as I don't usually do upgrades in my game to cheap price items like that stove was - it was a starter house and wait until my sims can afford the expensive stuff. By then they always have the skills to repair things themselves. So perhaps it changed since I had my early experience.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....