Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW AFTER PATCH: "Make Happy" Needs Cheat Bug?

So, it used to be you could open up the cheat window, type testing cheats on, and click the "make happy" needs decay cheat for every sim in the household and have them max out -- all without switching from sim to sim. Now, if I click "make happy" on each individual member in a household it only works for whichever sim happens to be active at the time, all the other sims' needs stay decayed. In order for the "make happy" cheat to work, you need to have each sim selected (aka, have the plumbob over each sim) when you click "make happy" or it simply won't work. This only started happening with this latest patch. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?!?

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hello
    I think that it has akways been that the "make happy" cheat has just been for the selected sim. On the Simsvip cheats page, the description of the cheat says
    Cheat Motive, Make Happy Fills all motives and gives the selected sim a happy emotion

https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Interactive

Edit : I just edited the above because i wrote the wrong word, I meant selected not active.
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • cbartsch69cbartsch69 Posts: 169 Member
    Thanks for responding, but I'm 100% positive that it hasn't always been that way. I use the cheat all the time and I've always been able to just turn cheats on, then click "make happy on each sim in the family with just one sim selected (plumbob stays over a single family member, but whole family can have their needs maxed with "make happy"). Now, I have to select each sim before clicking "make happy" on them -- it makes the process much longer to do!
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited March 2017
    The option to make a household or the whole world happy is to be found if you click the mailbox.

Edit for typos
  • geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    testing cheat click on mailbox choose make household happy or world happy ( not sure that's the exact path, but its on the mailbox)
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for responding -- I do use the mailbox to max needs for the whole household or world from time to time, but that still doesn't change the fact that the function of "make happy" has changed ever since this new patch was installed on March 23. It may seem like a small thing, but it matters to me because there are some households where I want to max needs for multiple sims, but not all sims.

For example, if I have kids/teens going to school, I might want to max them out in the morning, but if the parents are criminals or entertainers, I want them to sleep while the kids are in school, so I don't want to max them. SO, I would normally turn on cheats, then just hit "make happy" on those sims I wanted maxed without needing to move the plumbob over each of their heads before doing so. Now, in order to use the cheat that way, you have to take the time to switch from sim to sim before making them happy.

It seems like such a small change, you'd think they'd be able to put it back the way it was... I can't imagine why they changed it. And if it wasn't done intentionally, I'm hoping this post makes the developers aware so they can fix it in a future patch...
    Hello
    Do you use MC Command Center mod or use the advanced debug mod? If you do, and have turned on the debug setting in MC Command Center, there may have been changes made in the patch. The advance debug code may be different from the cheats that simmers use who don't have mods.
    No, I don't use any mods.

I'm noticing other small issues since this patch as well. For example, with lighting -- if you have candles in the home, the change color and intensity setting doesn't seem to function properly. You can change the color and intensity for all lights, but the second you use the "auto lights" feature for all lights, the candle light goes back to default color.

I've just started noticing this bug now, but I don't know for certain if it happened with the patch.

The "make happy" functionality, though, that definitely changed with the patch...
  • snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    No this is a mail box cheat for entire household, hold down the shift key then click mail box and select make household happy or hold shift key down and select to make happy on just one sim, however I do think you have something wrong because my cheat works in all the ways it is suppose to
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
    edited March 2017
    @cbartsch69
    I've just tested the cheat in my game. The options at the mailbox are all functioning properly.
    But before the last patch you could shift-click any single sim and make him 'happy' even NPCs or e.g. guests at your party if you had testingcheats enabled. This doesn't work any longer.
    @cbartsch69
    I've just tested the cheat in my game. The options at the mailbox are all functioning properly.
    But before the last patch you could shift-click any single sim and make him 'happy' even NPCs or e.g. guests at your party if you had testingcheats enabled. This doesn't work any longer.

Hello
    Thankyou for the feedback on the cheat. Is this affecting all sims that aren't the active sim?
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    @cbartsch69

Seems to be the same issue as the edit in CAS one. It makes the active Sim happy instead.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

Yes, it is. If you shift-click any inactive sim, only the active sim's needs are filled. It definitely worked before the patch, it came in really handy if you were on a community lot.
    Yes, it is. If you shift-click any inactive sim, only the active sim's needs are filled. It definitely worked before the patch, it came in really handy if you were on a community lot.
    It sounds like it is the same issue as the editing in cas issue for NPC sims.
    OP's issue sounds different though. I couldn't say if all Sims were made happy before but if it say in the description it's just for the active Sim then I would think it was rather a bug fixed than a new one.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

crinrict wrote: »
    OP's issue sounds different though. I couldn't say if all Sims were made happy before but if it say in the description it's just for the active Sim then I would think it was rather a bug fixed than a new one.

Hello
    I think that it may have been a bug fixed also. This is what written about the cheat on Carls sims 4 site
    Shift-Click the Mailbox to access the ability to stop need decay for your current household or the entire neighborhood (effectively make everyone happy). Disable Need Decay will make needs stop falling; re-enabling them is as simple as selecting Enable Need Decay. Make Happy will then fill needs to the maximum. You can do this on an individual Sim level by Shift-Clicking Your Sims. This will let you select to make only that Sim's needs static or make them happy by filling all needs.
  • MorpharMorphar Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2017
    @cbartsch69

You are correct. Do you happen to have the mods UI cheats by weerbesu and MCCC by deaderpole?
    I removed UI cheats and the functions are back to normal.

The answer from werbesu:
    It's actually impossible for this mod to cause this issue. That "make happy" cheat is controlled by the gameplay engine and a UI mod like this is unable to affect that (yes, I know this mod has a script component now but that only add new commands to the game so the old rule still applies).

Still it work as normal when I remove the mod.

How I tested:
    Make your sims very tired, low energy. Make a sim activated and check it's Need. Switch to something else like Skills. You can see that the plumbob is red. Now shift click the sim and click Cheat Need -> Make Happy and the plumbob is still red. Switsh back to see the Need. Energy is still red. Now shift click the sim and do Make Happy and you can see that all needs are at max.
    I'm not using any mods atm and I was able to duplicate what Gagea said.

So you click on the NPC and the NPC was happy afterwards ?
    AHQ Tutorial

edited March 2017
    cbartsch69 wrote: »
    So, it used to be you could open up the cheat window, type testing cheats on, and click the "make happy" needs decay cheat for every sim in the household and have them max out -- all without switching from sim to sim. Now, if I click "make happy" on each individual member in a household it only works for whichever sim happens to be active at the time, all the other sims' needs stay decayed. In order for the "make happy" cheat to work, you need to have each sim selected (aka, have the plumbob over each sim) when you click "make happy" or it simply won't work. This only started happening with this latest patch. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?!?

I have the same fault but I have mods. If I remove one of them it is back to normal. But you do not have any mods so some of my mods must have compensated for the fault in vanilla game. Strange.
    Hello @Morphar
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then test to see the issue is there. Then if the issue is there, by putting back your mods one by one, you could tell which mod was helping with the issue.
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @Morphar
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then test to see the issue is there. Then if the issue is there, by putting back your mods one by one, you could tell which mod was helping with the issue.

I started a new game from scratch and it works as normal. More and more confusing. I will add the UI cheats mod to see if the fault is back.
    edited March 2017
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @Morphar

I started a new game by just renaming The Sims 4 folder so everything is new.
    The problem did not show up. Strange that cbartsch69 have the problem without mods and I have it with mods.
    I will test now with only the UI Cheats mod.

Edit:
    Tested with UI Cheats: OK
    Tested with MC + UI Cheats: OK

I will test more mods but as cbartsch69 play without mods, can it be something with cache files?
    My testbench is now with a completely new The Sims 4 folder.

Edit 2:
    Now I have moved all my mods in and the issue is no more.

My advice is to create a new fresh The Sims 4 folder by renaming the old and start the game, Then copy folders like saves, Tray and Mods from the old renamed folder to the newly created. Remember to enable mods in the settings if you have any.

It may help to only remove cache files but....

Edit 3:
    I went back to my old game and installed back the UI Cheats mod and the issue is now gone. It may be a cache file issue. Something noticed that I removed a mod and refreshed something.

Post edited by Morphar on
    Wow, thanks for posting everyone! This is a lot to process and I'm working through it. If I understand correctly, other people are experiencing this same issue? That only the selected sim (the one w/ the plumbob) can have their needs maxed by selecting "make happy" on an individual sim, rather than using the household or world cheats via the mailbox. This is my issue, that you can no longer "make happy" anyone other than the sim with the plumbob over his/her head, whether it's another household member or an NPC or a playable household neighbor.

This is an issue that needs fixing, especially for when you're out on community lots! Say you're on a date at a restaurant with no mailbox to click on and your date is exhausted, you wind up getting walked out on in the middle of your date (or they just nap on a couch the whole time), because you can no longer make them happy if they aren't a part of your household yet (so you can't switch and make them the active sim...).

Since I always use this feature, I know this just developed after this latest patch.

Upon more experimentation, the lighting issue changing back to default color when you switch on auto lights is also new with this patch, but I'll find the appropriate thread to ditto that bug in! ;-)

And FYI, thanks for all the troubleshooting suggestions. I did as everyone asked and moved my folders in and back, etc., and the issues still persist whether running a brand new game or an old one.

Unfortunately, I can't test to see if Mods or CC have any impact on these as I don't use any for Sims 4 (which is odd, because I had a TON for sims 3 -- I LOVED NRAAS!). Perhaps once I have more time to play, I'll add in mods for 4... Right now, I just wish the non-modded game would work properly!

(Although on another note, I must admit I have far fewer issues playing Sims 4, I love that I can just play without worry -- I miss a lot about Sims 3, but it crashed on me ALL. THE. TIME. I don't miss that!)
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    The option to make a household or the whole world happy is to be found if you click the mailbox.

Edit for typos

Why click the mailbox? You can just use the parabol antenna.
    edited March 2017
    Hello @chartschenko
    Simmers are having the issue that they are unable to shift click another sim ( that you are not currently playing)whether a NPC or a member of their household, and press " make happy" to make them happy. I think that is your issue too.

I also edited the earlier post, to change a word that I had written from. active to select. I misundrstood what you meant earlier . I am sorry. I understand what you mean now, and it is an issue,