Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is my vampire grabbing a serving of food?

SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
Is this part of the human motives bug? Before the patch, they would put a serving in their inventory. Now they eat it, even if it's going to make them throw up. I'm talking about real human food. I have a mom that is a vampire but her kids aren't. The kids still need her to cook real food. What gives?

Edit to say that I was at a community lot and Lilith Vatore kept eating and throwing up. Eating and throwing up. So, it's affecting townie vampires too.
42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

Comments

• Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Ahh, Vampires take a while to turn its not instant like in other Sim Games
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Ahh, Vampires take a while to turn its not instant like in other Sim Games

True but she's been a vampire for quite sometime and Lilith has always been one.

• sweetbluekiana1sweetbluekiana1 Posts: 167 Member
    The same thing happened to me. My vampire sim actually didn't make food but when she had her child who was a vampire he would always make food and it was so annoying.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    I think it is because they changed this in the last patch:
    We have addressed an issue that could cause adults to take a serving from a group meal and just place it in their inventory. They should now, if hungry, take a serving, and eat it.
    Maybe they didn't think that it could affect thirsty/hungry vampires. :(
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    I have found this is from the latest patch fix addressing adults picking up a serving and putting it in their inventory. Although it works perfectly with my normal Sims, it really had weird consequences for my vampire Sims.

They will pick up to eat anything they cook that has a serving selection (the 1, 4 or 8 serving meals you have to choose). They will not pick up anything from automatic group servings (like cakes, cookies, gourmet breadsticks or grilled food) which tells me they aren't hungry as the patch specified they would only eat it if they were hungry. When they do take a serving, canceling them eating it makes that serving disappear. They never tried to eat food before the patch.

My vampires never cook on their own but they have a child they have to cook for. I can't have them cook a 1-serving meal as they will want to eat it, and of course, canceling it makes it disappear. I have found a workaround, but it's really a hassle to do.

I've never seen a townie vamp want to eat. I can't imagine Lilith having human cravings for food (she's a pre-made). I will invite her to the park next time and inundate her with food to see what she does in my game, or invite her to the next Spice Festival. Heck, I'll invite Caleb, Vlad and the one townie vamp I've seen also. Might as well check them all out while I'm at it, eh?
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I didn't choose the withered stomach negative trait for my one vampire. I want him to eat normal food as well as drink his plasma when he needs to. I didn't want him to get ultra rail thin from not eating.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited March 2017
    I had this happen with Caleb the other day;

He wasn't part of the active household - I was playing a different couple who went to the spice festival and he just happened to be there. I gave him the withered stomach weakness a while back and at the festival I saw him order and try to eat a curry (not the best choice of dish when you consider the spice burn on top of it being human food!)

Afterwards he went to play basketball and threw up on the court. He looked so sad and I suddenly felt like a mother wanting to comfort a poorly child. :'(
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    it's definitely annoying. having to cancel the autonomous "eat food" everytime they cook something so that they don't get sick.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    Is this part of the human motives bug? Before the patch, they would put a serving in their inventory. Now they eat it, even if it's going to make them throw up. I'm talking about real human food. I have a mom that is a vampire but her kids aren't. The kids still need her to cook real food. What gives?

Edit to say that I was at a community lot and Lilith Vatore kept eating and throwing up. Eating and throwing up. So, it's affecting townie vampires too.

That is the game doing the non played vampires because Lilith does not have the withered stomach trait and any other vampire that does not have that trait can eat food
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    This has started happening in my game too. Moira came over and cooked a pot of franks and beans. My vampire Sim keeps autonomously grabbing and eating a bowl, with the expected side effects. She may not be at a level to get Gaseous Form, but she's got the first part down pat.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
    This has started happening in my game too. Moira came over and cooked a pot of franks and beans. My vampire Sim keeps autonomously grabbing and eating a bowl, with the expected side effects. She may not be at a level to get Gaseous Form, but she's got the first part down pat.

OMG!!!! LOL!!!! Keep them out of the sunlight. One bum toot and they'll go up in flames for sure!

• CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    They're eating to fit into society lol
    It's weird but for the townies that I don't know are vampires, it's a nice surprise.

I think it's bad if they have a withered stomach weakness and still go out of their way to eat, I haven't dealt with that yet but that sounds like a bug
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Vampires can eat food like any other Sim. However, if they don't have the vamp trait to get sick when eating food, they do not reach for food since they are never hungry. They get 'thirsty' which the plasma pack doesn't actually fill them up and shouldn't as it's more of a 'snack' thing. My vampires can eat food in public at restaurants however, they aren't reaching for any food somewhere.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Vampires can eat food like any other Sim. However, if they don't have the vamp trait to get sick when eating food, they do not reach for food since they are never hungry. They get 'thirsty' which the plasma pack doesn't actually fill them up and shouldn't as it's more of a 'snack' thing. My vampires can eat food in public at restaurants however, they aren't reaching for any food somewhere.

What I don't understand is why Lilith Vatore, who obviously has the withered stomach trait, is eating food and throwing up in every toilet on a community lot. Why would she do that autonomously? I even had my vampire use the kitchen on the community lot to make plasma fruit salad, and she still chose to eat the human food that was making her sick.

What I don't understand is why Lilith Vatore, who obviously has the withered stomach trait, is eating food and throwing up in every toilet on a community lot. Why would she do that autonomously? I even had my vampire use the kitchen on the community lot to make plasma fruit salad, and she still chose to eat the human food that was making her sick.

Because she has the trait. My vampires who don't have the trait don't grab any food. It's a thing. If you give them the trait how would you know they get sick if they never try to eat food? It has it's reasons.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Because she has the trait. My vampires who don't have the trait don't grab any food. It's a thing. If you give them the trait how would you know they get sick if they never try to eat food? It has it's reasons.

That seems highly counterintuitive lol. Now I want to conduct an experiment with vegetarians. I'll put out food with meat and without and see which one they choose. I would expect the AI of the game to factor in the constraints of a sim when making decisions like that.

• TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    [quote="SageRainWillow;15645871"
    OMG!!!! LOL!!!! Keep them out of the sunlight. One bum toot and they'll go up in flames for sure![/quote]
    Too late. She wouldn't get out of the sun at the Flea Market last night, and went up in smoke.
    Now she's a vampire ghost with permanent heartburn.
    We'll see how she feels about franks and beans now.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg

That seems highly counterintuitive lol. Now I want to conduct an experiment with vegetarians. I'll put out food with meat and without and see which one they choose. I would expect the AI of the game to factor in the constraints of a sim when making decisions like that.

I never said the AI is that defined. Sims who have the weak stomach trait for food will try to eat food. Or there would be no need to not give them that trait. You must consider Sims eat the first food cooked always, if you pay attention to the game. It's a thing with the fridge, too. Sims will go for the oldest left over in there, first. It's so they don't waste.
  • TPMoriartyTPMoriarty Posts: 55 Member
    This is driving me crazy! Vampire mom trying to cook for non-vampire kids and she immediately grabs a serving for herself - which doesn't leave enough servings for the kids - unless she makes 8 servings, which then wastes 3. When she tries to call the kids to eat, vampire hubbie shows up and grabs a serving too. I understand vampires eating in public - but in the privacy of their own home?!
  • PureFusionPureFusion Posts: 6 New Member
    After jumping from one vampire to six, food was never really an issue back then but I started to get fed up with the plasma pack costs and decided to grow a plasma fruit garden instead, I figured it was killing three birds with one stone with the gardener aspiration, the chef aspiration and everyone stays happy. But then a couple of them decide to make twins (capping my household in the process) and now the kids are children so there's been a weird mix of plasma food and human food.
    Good call with maxing everyone's vampire lore to switch the withered stomach to guilty drinker. The chef/mother has a tendency to make human drinks at the bar too, would've been much better if she just spammed plasma Janes instead.
    Is it possible to filter with drinks sims/vampires can autonomously make?
  • CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    This has never happened with any of my vampires? I'm kind of gutted, it sounds hilarious.. If it ever does I'm not cancelling it. The idiots.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Short answer:
    Vampires have been bugged for about 12 months and Maxis don't give a crap.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek