Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The maid.

I feel like something is seriously not quite right, half the time I don't have my Sims get a maid because they come and stand there for quite some time don't clean a thing and charge a big rate then leave.. once they leave the sinks, toilets, and tubs/showers get dirty.. Why can't they just do a wipe on all those things and the counters where Sims cook to reset it to clean so that they actually are worth having as a service? Even my clean Sim doesn't have the option to clean house as often.. I know my sis gets free services all the time so its no biggie, but I don't want to do free services all the time for each Sim but it would be nice to be able to order the maid and have her/him come and do a clean that resets to clean on all things especially prior to an event or you're trying to keep their moodlets all Happy!

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    i've never really had a big issue with the maids. once in a while they would do a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 poor job but that wasn't a frequent thing..
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    You can check if any doors are locked and if the maid is just standing there try resetting them with testingcheats

Also maids and repairmen avoid bathrooms if your sim is using it. They won't wait if there's nothing else to clean (at least for me)

tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    It isn't just them cleaning what's dirty, but why can't they reset the item back to clean.. After all in real life a maid has to clean the sink whether its somewhat dirty or even clean looking because that is part of the service... Am I right on that? I just wished that they would clean the plumbing and counters no matter whether they are dirty or not.. I have had some skip some things and the doors were not locked and some things became dirty shortly after the maid left..