Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Isle of Midnlight sun Challenge question

EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
I want to know if you are allowed to collect things like gems, flowers, plants, in the Midnight Sun Challenge I am not using the reg world for this and have downloaded another worlds that I like that is very small, it does not have any other houses and no commercial, just beaches and a lake, it does not have very many things to collect, only a few, but does have some wild flowers, but don't know if you are allowed to make money this way. If someone knows can you let me know.
Post edited by Evalen on

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited March 2017
    Yes, you are allowed to make money this way. You can sell it in your sim's inventory or sell them at consignment store. Plants and fishes can also be sold in Supermarket and insects and butterflies at Science lab.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @EgonVM yea, but can you have those buildings in the Midnight Sun challenge, I didn't think so. Perhaps I did not make myself clear, as I am doing the Midnight Sun challenge, only using a different world. Sorry about that, I noticed I put the wrong name down and challenge. I am going to do the Midnight Sun challenge and wanted to know if I can collect gems, butterflies, and things.
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Hi @Evelyn,

I haven’t tried the Midnight Sun challenge myself, but the rules state that “Your sim is allowed to do whatever they want to in order to earn money, including painting, writing, fishing, etc.” So I’d take that to mean collecting would be allowed. Have fun! :)
  • Options
    @starguru Thanks, much appreciated.
  • Options
    Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
    I done that challenge a long time ago, It was fun! i went up to 10 generations on a island that only had one 10X10 lot on it :sweat_smile: I made money with painting, writing and fishing. I didn't have any spawners on my island so I'm glad someone else answered your question first.

Good Luck and have lots of fun with your challenge! :smile:
    My Sim, living her best life...
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • Options
    @Supersoph13 thank you, it does sound like a lot of fun.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    If you are playing strictly by the challenge rules, you should only really have your residential lot. If you are using an alternate world designed for Midnight Sun challenge, and it has an empty lot, I don't see why you couldn't build a little trading outpost with a consignment register of some sort, either normal or elixir. Keep in mind those lots are often there for spawners not really for you to add buildings since you are supposed to be alone with just your active family.
    Personally, if I really feel the need to consign stuff when I do that challenge I do one of two things depending on how much I feel like changing the gameplay. Most in the spirit of the challenge is just consign stuff in a vacation world or University when you go to find a spouse. Alternatively I like to sometimes add a dock and use the elixir store from mysimrealty which is a house boat.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @SimKeats I am playing in a alternate world called Esnamma
    Here is a picture of Esnamma
    33415zm.jpg
    I have added trees, plants etc. to make it look nice
    2lctsf6.jpg
    2ely3c6.jpg
    2hzmfro.jpg
    2u7osxz.jpg
    zjb96b.jpg
    2ezo2z6.jpg
    Here is Smokie a stray they adopted getting a bath.
    jh907a.jpg
    This island does not have very many spawners on it. I made the buildings commercial so that no one would move in, they do not have anything inside of them. They make most of their money painting and fishing, but there are some wild flowers, was not sure if they could pick them, but I guess it is ok.
    Smokie the dog is really funny and neat. I did replace the lighthouse, as the one there I could not put any steps to the top and I wanted that. I am having fun and trying to keep within the rules. I was thinking of having the lighthouse just about burn down after the parents die and have the young ones start anew.
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    Your pictures are awesome. Love what you did with the island. Hope that you have lots of fun with your challenge.
  • Options
    ValoisFulcanelliValoisFulcanelli Posts: 672 Member
    edited March 2017
    @Evalen Thank you so much for showing the 'before' pic of Ensamma! I've been looking for a small island world that isn't tropical/beach-like in nature, because I've been thinking about creating a game either for a crofter on a remote Hebridean island, or an old monastery in the same location. Ensamma would be absolutely perfect for that, once I've edited the buildings a bit.
    tfb.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @ValoisFulcanelli Thanks, yes this island is awesome and can be used many ways, I think a old monastery would be neat there. I am planning on using it for other things also. It is just the right size for no roads and I love worlds without roads.
    It was made by @Querbacker and I would like to thank him/her for this wonderful Island.
  • Options
    @Evalen That island is awesome and it looks perfect for this challenge. I think I'm going to have to download it now, seeing it has given me lots of new game idea's! :smile:

I would love to see a picture of your founder, if you're willing to share, and their partner/children when (or if you are already) at that stage? :smiley:
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @Supersoph13 Here are some pictures of my Dexter's I am using for this challenge

Here is Alex Dexter and his wife Holly
    20kspd4.jpg
    This is his son and his girlfriend his Imaginary Friend
    2zqbzvq.jpg
    this is his mother Holly who just turned elder, I think she looks good for an elder.
    2itoayv.jpg
    This is Brandon asking Annie his Imaginary Friend to marry him. Smokie is watching to make sure everything go well. He observes everything, he is so cute and playful.
    33bzh5e.jpg
    2qbgnxg.jpg
    Sorry but Alex is a elder now, but do not have a picture. don't know why I did not take one
    Brandon is the heir
  • Options
    One of my favorite worlds to use with the challenge is http://nilxis.tumblr.com/post/92082917071/welcome-to-sa-pineda-700-followers-gift
    The lighthouse has a tiny bit of furniture, its an actual lot, but very small. I like to make it into a little trade outpost sometimes.
    The player residential lot is pretty centrally located.

I believe the original idea of the challenge, collecting and fishing is really the only way you are able to make money, other than when you send your sim on one of their 3 vacations or to University.
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Don't suppose anyone has a link to the challenge rules? Would like to check it out.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @Surreal here you go - http://modthesims.info/t/442322 :smile:

@Evalen Thanks for sharing, they look like a lovely family. I'm looking forward to seeing the next generation! :wink:
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • Options
    SimKeats wrote: »
    One of my favorite worlds to use with the challenge is http://nilxis.tumblr.com/post/92082917071/welcome-to-sa-pineda-700-followers-gift
    The lighthouse has a tiny bit of furniture, its an actual lot, but very small. I like to make it into a little trade outpost sometimes.
    The player residential lot is pretty centrally located.

I believe the original idea of the challenge, collecting and fishing is really the only way you are able to make money, other than when you send your sim on one of their 3 vacations or to University.

@SimKeats I have always wanted to download that world but because
    It includes custom INI files and recolors by me and Gelina’s lightning tweaks
    I have always been worried about corrupting my computer or game. I do not like anything that would change my INI files, or lightning tweeks.
    But it looks very interesting.
    The rules do say painting, fishing etc. You can send your sim on vacation to find a wife, but only three trips, I will only send him there if he does not have a imaginary friend, I sure hope the when Brandon and Holly get married and have a baby that he has a IF. I always like my sims to marry their IF.
  • Options
    I could be wrong, but I believe when a world comes with its own weather and lighting INI files, that only is used for that WORLD.
    But when you install one manually say from brntwaffles, then it works on all your worlds.

Its more like how the weather looks different in places like Bridgeport and Monte Vista, blood red sunsets in Midnight Hollow. Having different weather in different worlds is normal and safe.

I'm some of the others around here who are more advanced users of such things could explain it better. :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, I will look into it. I kind of a stickie on not using CC and mods and not sure about INI files.
  • Options
    @Evalen - what world are you using for this challenge, if you don't mind my asking? Looks like an interesting challenge.
  • Options
    While waiting for @Evalen's answer, I went out seeking MSC worlds. This one looks interesting...

https://daturaobscura.tumblr.com/post/85805484618/follower-gift-mairin-by-daturaobscura-this
  • Options
    @Surreal — Thanks for the Mairin find! I think it looks like an interesting world too, and love that it includes diving spots. In addition to the Midnight Sun Challenge, it seems it might make a fun Traveler vacation world as well.

The world Evalen is using is here: http://ouerbackersims3stuff.blogspot.com/2012/10/ensamma-ljusets-o-island.html

@Evalen — Thanks for sharing pix of the world and your gameplay; it looks great! I may have to give this challenge a try sometime! :)
  • Options
    @starguru Thanks for letting them know what world I am using, it is a really neat world and you can do so much with it. I have been a little busy today. glad for your reply, yes the challenge is a lot of fun.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Pary wrote: »

Oh, I like that one too! Now I'm spoiled for choice! :lol:

But maybe I could have my Sims travel to these other tiny islands for their "vacations"... :mrgreen: