Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Darling Walsh

124...Next

Comments

• NamikoKawaNamikoKawa Posts: 64 Member
    I pretty much leave Darling as is for the most part...
    In one of my saves Darling is the girlfriend of my evil teen sim, they look good together he's kind of soft looking but still can tell he's a boy and she's a bit ambiguous but that's just how she is. I gave her more outfits not just the basic 5 which I kept most of as it, and some I changed the color of. I usually prefer to play the game with her room mates; I decided I was sick of how Miko treats Akira and decided to spilt them up; but that was only in one save since Miko kept flirting with every male young Adult that crossed her path.

I've always thought of Darling as a girl who is a tomboy after I realized she was a girl.... I wasn't really sure at first.

Although in one of my saves she turned into a young adult and I decided to give her a slightly more feminine look not too much because in my opinion after growing up a tomboy as a teen I thought she'd have a pretty tough time going full female look as a young adult since she's more comfortable as a tomboy. So she'd probably take the whole feminine look slowly so she doesn't wear make up besides a little gloss; most clothing still tomboy just more feminine and grew out her hair a little still attached to the baseball cap most of the time. She has two dresses rarely seen because they are number 5 in the outfit line up one for formal and one for party. She's just trying out feminine clothing a little bit sticks to being comfortable... no dresses or skirts in everyday wear.

Most times I barely change some of the premades but give the ones I like more clothing options so they have styles that are similar to there original style but still a little bit of a change. If I really like a premade household I might play them or just keep them from aging until I'm ready to play them....
  • trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    Wow ... at this thread. I don't even remember the original point because some of the commentary ... wow.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    asesina wrote: »
    Wow ... at this thread. I don't even remember the original point because some of the commentary ... wow.

Could be than Darling Walsh is the first (and only for now) where Maxis used the equality patch for a pre-made?
    Apparently is it
    leo3487 wrote: »

Could be than Darling Walsh is the first (and only for now) where Maxis used the equality patch for a pre-made?
    Apparently is it

Had no idea that was like a thing thing but I am so here for it.

Either way, I love Darling and I usually keep her as is because we don't have any androgynous/gender non-conforming sims in game (unless I make more but i'm so lazy lol.)
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Apparently is it

No, if you open Darling Walsh in CAS you will find that the new-last-year gender options are not used.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    So whether you are playing him as a boy or as a girl, who agrees with me that "Darling" is a name that just screams for the kid saying "Forget the sex change, go with a name change first!" ? As a surname there's nothing wrong with it, but as a first name it marks the child as bullying victim from their first day at kindergarden.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm not playing Darling Walsh, but here's what the game did. Awesome! My sim lives next door :blush:
    rNrDwX3.png
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I let Darling be. Walsh seems deliberately non-binary, which is cool. I like having that sort of thing in my world.
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    I deleted her because women with short hair are not allowed in my game.
    So whether you are playing him as a boy or as a girl, who agrees with me that "Darling" is a name that just screams for the kid saying "Forget the sex change, go with a name change first!" ? As a surname there's nothing wrong with it, but as a first name it marks the child as bullying victim from their first day at kindergarden.

I always think of it as some southern belle-esque name. Like it reminds me of something Blanche Deveraux would name her kid.

• Glitter_bugGlitter_bug Posts: 70 Member
    edited May 2017
    pSNX51h.png
    I just started playing his household! in my 'verse Darling's a gay trans-man. I plan on pairing him up with Johnny Zest :)

Post edited by Glitter_bug on
    Check out my ISBI Legacy Challenge here: http://ts4-townie.tumblr.com/
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    I kept her mostly the same. Just gave her a few small details so its more visible that she is a girl (at least in my game).
    I like how she is a big tomboy. Its very cute.
    o9BiIRZ.jpg

i like this sim she seems awesome! :)
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    As for her name I used to be a nanny for a woman named Darling, that was her first name and she was is American. I think it's an endearing name. a name my hubby calls me.

Apparently is it

No, if you open Darling Walsh in CAS you will find that the new-last-year gender options are not used.

Also no for clothing/hair/accesories?

Apparently is it

Not sure on that one - I didn't check that when I opened her in CAS, plus I changed a lot of her outfits in my game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    In one of my saves Darling changed his name to Darren and lived the rest of his life as a male. I always thought they picked that name for us to change it to Darren lol

Apparently is it

Not sure on that one - I didn't check that when I opened her in CAS, plus I changed a lot of her outfits in my game.

Im at job now, but compared against Sims VIP City Living guide, her default top is male

Apparently is it

Im at job now, but compared against Sims VIP City Living guide, her default top is male

That's just CAS categories, though. You can drop "party" out of the party category too, without going into gender options. The question had been about the gender options - body frame, default clothing preference, fertility options.

Apparently is it

That's just CAS categories, though. You can drop "party" out of the party category too, without going into gender options. The question had been about the gender options - body frame, default clothing preference, fertility options.

Well, also since that patch, clothes are unisex, before patch, there was gender restriction for clothes and hair and accesories
    Confirmed, Darling is a pre-made tomboy
    Her top, pants and hair are male
  • mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    I followed through Darling's unflirty trait. She went through the struggles of falling in love and married a man that understands her difficulty with PDA. They adopted a son and are dealing with his terrible two's. I didn't play up the tomboyish nature being more than her choice in dress in that save file. In my main save, where I play my favorite family the Daniels, MC Command created a marriage between her and a Daniel's granddaughter in the family line. Instead of dissolving the relationship I just played it through and they have a daughter. My Daniels family sims have strong genes and don't make ugly sims, so her kid is cute.
  • InnerHollowInnerHollow Posts: 6 New Member
    (not that it really matters, but this is my first forum post lol) After taking a quick peek at Darling in CAS, I have to say I believe they are non-binary. In their formal outfit in CAS they have on a masculine outfit but they also are wearing heels and a little bit of makeup, I believe. I haven't done anything with them in my game as of yet but I expect that to change in the near future :smile:
    Honestly, I have a question though. Maybe I'm just dumb, but I couldn't identify the outfit used for Darling's formal wear? I thought it looked pretty snazzy and when I looked through the outfits, both female and male, and I couldn't find it. I never saw that outfit in-game before.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    She's a good character to play, IMO. I simply played her as is. I liked the unflirty trait as it meant she wasn't distracted...zipped up the singing skill and now she is a top comedian slaying em in the club.

As for those that hit on her - well I wish we had a withering look interaction.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison