Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Darling Walsh

What have you done with her??? she is the tomboy from CL.
I uploaded and downloaded the family, deleted original and gave new triats to the clones.
here is my darling Walsh, she enjoys playing music and painting, The other two in the house I married them in CAS and gave them a toddler son. Darling is the sister of Miko in my game.
03-25-17_5-51-00nbspPM_zps7z4u4xkr.png

Please share your pics of her and tell what you did with her??

Comments

• itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
    I made my Darling Walsh into a transguy. I don't have any photos of him though and he's probably nearing elder age at this point in my current game.
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor%20Family_zpsujwo0a8f.png
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited March 2017
    I actually thought Darling Walsh was a townie guy. Admittedly, I haven't thought much about it and would just see Darling around town sometimes. Knowing about this, I will leave Darling as-is, not a part of my rotation but part of the merry array of townies.

Basically, I hadn't paid much attention to this sim and that won't change. You do you, Darling.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    RubeeSims wrote: »
    imo Darling is a transmale. Born female living as a male. The style and the description of the household back this up (only refers to Darling as "buddy", not she). I couldn't give Darling a "feminine" makeover, feels disrespectful to me.

Insightful. I don't play like that in my game. to me she is a pretty young girl who was handed her brothers clothes since she was small and is still getting his old clothes, So in my game she lives with her older sister who had a little savings and brought her a new wardrobe of clothes and a makeover. In my game darling loves being a girl finally. she loves playing with her toddler nephew and living with her sister. she can now be herself and not who she appears to others by the clothes she wears. In my game.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    It's a girl?

I put her in a club that gathers at karaoke bars, singing.
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    edited March 2017
    I just kept her as is. I figured she was trans/androgynous/or some form of non-binary. I believe it's to keep in the diversity theme of city living
    I don't play that household but I made one of my sims, Ren, her girlfriend.
    I was actually playing a different household and while my sims were at prom I suggested that Darling should hook up with Ren and they've been together ever since.
    jpEn7.png
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• RubeeSimsRubeeSims Posts: 560 Member
    RubeeSims wrote: »
    imo Darling is a transmale. Born female living as a male. The style and the description of the household back this up (only refers to Darling as "buddy", not she). I couldn't give Darling a "feminine" makeover, feels disrespectful to me.

Insightful. I don't play like that in my game. to me she is a pretty young girl who was handed her brothers clothes since she was small and is still getting his old clothes, So in my game she lives with her older sister who had a little savings and brought her a new wardrobe of clothes and a makeover. In my game darling loves being a girl finally. she loves playing with her toddler nephew and living with her sister. she can now be herself and not who she appears to others by the clothes she wears. In my game.

Well everyone can play how they want in their own game. I have a close friend who's a transmale and his behaviour and lifestyle was similar to Darling's as a teen so naturally I see Darling the same way. And I feel like there are plenty of cis-gendered males and female (people who are born and live their lives as the gender given to them at birth) premade Sims so if I feel like playing a girl, I'd choose one of the many other girls in the towns.
    Tumblr
    Add me on Origin: rubeelovegood
    I've never quite understood the point of making a premade sim into....an entirely different identity. Why not just make your own Sim?

because I play on a laptop and I don't want to overheat my comp by adding lots of sims. The premades come with skills and some with jobs, and some have a home so I can go straight in and play, I always change their clothes and sometimes play with clones, as i'm doing with this family. I find if I change their traits with Fulleditmode their previous traits still come through in their behaviour. and they still want things from their old traits. so a clone works great for me. I can completely redo them and not add any more sims to my game until they have children. I have one or two of my own made sims, but that's usually all. I completely redone the Munch family, but it didn't add more sims to my game.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited March 2017
    I don't do anything to her she's perfect the way she is.

Same here. And I imagine Darling's pronoun to be either "him" or "they".
  • itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
    edited March 2017
    I went in to see if I could get a picture of my Darling but I can't find him. I think he died.
    I'm legit saddened by this. :(
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor%20Family_zpsujwo0a8f.png
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    I went through all the premades a little bit ago and married them all off, gave them children and gave them makeovers once they became adults. It still fit their style and persona, but just more age appropriate. Darling dresses a bit like Ellen Degeneres and she adopted 3 children. She moved out of the house in San Myshuno and lives in the suburbs in Willow Creek. Her roommates married and had a child, they stayed in their home and now my legacy heir is their neighbor.

33607215236_9b77683ec4_h.jpg
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I downloaded the Grunts from sims 2. Military dad with 3 sons. One of sons reminds me of a hippie, Ripp. Anyway, Ripp befriended Darling because he thought she was cool. Then moved her in to his house because 1) she didn't have any parents and felt bad for her 2) make his dad mad.

But his dad likes Darling more than his own wimpy sons. So now she's happy being part of a family.
    @imhappy I haven't thought of them in ages. I'm glad she is happy.
  • FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    I pretty much kept her the way she is, just gave her some new cool clothes that would match her lifestyle (she's an athlete) and she hit it off with another female so I moved them into an apartment they are happy together. They are both in the LGBT group I made.
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,585 Member
    edited March 2017
    Tbh i never really paid attention to them but I really dig the transman view/perception.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I blackmailed money from her. She became enemies with my guy. :D
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    My vampire killed her lol.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    In my current game, I renamed her Ember because I really dislike Darling as a name. She stayed a tomboy through her teens and recently aged up, so I pulled her into CAS.

I went a Ruby Rose direction with her; she's sort of genderfluid to a degree and strikes that balance of being both beautiful and handsome at the same time. Within my story, she's a minor league basketball player trying to make her way into the SBL (Sim Basketball League) and models both men's and women's fashions for a budding agency in San Myshuno. Her wardrobe is pretty fairly split between feminine and masculine clothes, most of her feminine outfits tending to fall on the tomboy side of things still.

I think she's gorgeous, and she's looking for a lovely lady friend to spend some time with in my world.

I like the idea of Darling being trans, and will probably end up playing them as such in another save.

This thread is great! I love that everyone plays the premades in such diverse ways.
    Aside from my vampire killing her, I've never done anything with her in my other saves. She reminds me a LOT of an old ex-girlfriend I had. I never saw Darling as trans. I saw her as a butch or "stud". Like my ex, who would never want to transition no matter how "manly" she was because she thought male anatomy was gross and wanted nothing to do with it. But my ex always wore men's clothes, boxers, men's watches, and even had the short hair cut like Darling. I can't even fathom WHY they chose Darling as her name. I would think she'd choose to go by Dre or something else. My ex gf always went by an androgynous nickname and never by her girly first name.

And now that I'm thinking about it, I should make Darling friends with this butch I have in my game. She is a musician after all. They could pal around and do karaoke together:

33612016866_ddbe43f475_b.jpg
    32809965154_e5b55923c9_b.jpg
    32809965424_8dab9456de_b.jpg
    33612016826_499ee55c08_b.jpg