Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Invasive Vampires?

Today is my birthday and I was thinking to treat myself to another Sims addition. While I'm not super thrilled about vampires themselves I love the CAS and Build/Buy items. I do enjoy the occasional vampire gameplay, I could see myself with a gloomy writer with writer's block who moves to Forgotten Hollow and gets more inspiration than they bargained for. What I don't want is my current build Newcrest save to become populated with vampires. I've read a few posts that say that vampires are "triggered" by certain actions, but will adding them to a separate save cause them to invade Newcrest? I own everything except this and spooky stuff and spooky stuff just doesn't interest me much.

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've owned Vampires since day one and have never seen them outside FH. The only vampires that exist in my game are the pre-mades and no-one gets turned into a vampire without the simmer's instruction. However, vampires do have a habit of visiting your sims during the night to drink from them. This only makes your sims uncomfortable. Garlic will protect your sims.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    There is a couple of mods you might be interested in keeping out the vampires.
    I've had this one in the past, but decided not to because I don't mind the vampires walking around, but this one will keep them out.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589172

This one stops that first time visit that happens in all games.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589546
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    as someone who mostly just plays a vampire sim outside of forgotten hallow, I don't really notice other vampires. The only time is when they're breaking into my restaurant, which honestly happens quite often, but I believe you can add garlic wreaths to your home and businesses to keep them away? (i've never tried it myself, I just use my own vampire to command them to leave.)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    thereesespiecethereesespiece Posts: 614 Member
    Thanks guys! I think I'll just wait a little longer to get it
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2017
    Today is my birthday and I was thinking to treat myself to another Sims addition. While I'm not super thrilled about vampires themselves I love the CAS and Build/Buy items. I do enjoy the occasional vampire gameplay, I could see myself with a gloomy writer with writer's block who moves to Forgotten Hollow and gets more inspiration than they bargained for. What I don't want is my current build Newcrest save to become populated with vampires. I've read a few posts that say that vampires are "triggered" by certain actions, but will adding them to a separate save cause them to invade Newcrest? I own everything except this and spooky stuff and spooky stuff just doesn't interest me much.

When you first get the pack there is set up coded in game for Vlad to break in the first time with the first Sim you play after installing the pack. This is to introduce you to vampire pack. After that I haven't seen any vampire 'break in' or hardly visit (knock on door) at all in sixteen different households. However, the game made Vlad at least knock on door and my Sim let him in for a 'visit' he came back later. However, others reported he doesn't always visit first then visit later, but just come late that night on his own to bite your Sim. This may be due to they had a particular lot trait which will allow him to do that without first visiting as any neighbor tries to do.

They are rare to see in any other world unless you are playing them, creating them, and or engaging with them in some way, aka, best friend, boyfriend etc. But my own are not out anywhere at all so it's a little disingenuous to say they take over the game because they don't.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2017
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I've owned Vampires since day one and have never seen them outside FH. The only vampires that exist in my game are the pre-mades and no-one gets turned into a vampire without the simmer's instruction. However, vampires do have a habit of visiting your sims during the night to drink from them. This only makes your sims uncomfortable. Garlic will protect your sims.

The game does generate vampires for walk-bys in Forgotten Hollow and for competitors for friendly spars and the like. If you're playing a non-vampire family and a stranger shows up on your doorstep at 10pm or later, don't greet them or make friends with them or else you're bound to get an unwanted visitor late at night. If you go into Manage Households and check the first two or three single Sim households in the Not In World population, chances are you'll find those Sims are vampires; if you delete them the game will just produce more.

While I love playing vampire-based saves, I also want saves where vampires aren't in the mix -- I can use MC Command Center to humanize all the vampires, but then the game just keeps producing single young adult vampires instead of families. I end up going through and deleting all the single households generated by the game, since my Sims aren't in the romance mode anyway (both my current households have married couples). Some sort of on/off switch would be ideal for that sort of situation.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited March 2017
    That on/off switch is something me and many others are still waiting for! I don't like comments like "If you don't want them, don't buy it" because A] there are many other interesting things in the pack and B] liking them doesn't mean you want them in every save. I still hope they will produce an option for this, because now each time I load TS4 I get reminded that it is incomplete, and it annoys me.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    That on/off switch is something me and many others are still waiting for! I don't like comments like "If you don't want them, don't buy it" because A] there are many other interesting things in the pack and B] liking them doesn't mean you want them in every save. I still hope they will produce an option for this, because now each time I load TS4 I get reminded that it is incomplete, and it annoys me.

Maybe someone will build an any game starter mod where you can start a new game without certain packs being available. That way you can play a very modern world/game with no Victorian stuff in any build and no vampires. It was a great mod for TS2.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Maybe someone will build an any game starter mod where you can start a new game without certain packs being available. That way you can play a very modern world/game with no Victorian stuff in any build and no vampires. It was a great mod for TS2.

I'm not sure if that would be my preferred solution. Theres two problems with that that pop up in my mind immediately. A] I want the stuff from the pack! And B] Mods tend to get abandoned after a while. There are already mods that turn off vampires coming in other worlds, including the tutorial, but if that mod developer stops due to whatever reason and the mod breaks you are left with nothing. I'd much prefer an on/off switch for spawning vampires built in by the devs. For example, I am currently doing a legendary legacy, and that should not include anything other then human sims.

• Options
    Well I bought it lol my husband said now or Christmas and Christmas is just too far away lol
    Thanks again everyone!!
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I bought the vampire pack purely for the wall cracks/tears/holes, lol. As long as the vampires keep to themselves, I won't bother them. I'm not above torture and abuse if necessary though. :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Thanks for this thread. I was going to make one but the info here was good.
    I want the vamp pack and want to play a save with vamps as main characters but also want to keep another save I have relatively vamp free.. just really want all the build and CAS items in those saves. I also don't care if they walk around I just don't want them to be invasive in low profile vamp saves. I don't mind having the garlic plant on my lot as basically all my played sims garden at least a little.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Since I've started playing in my build Newcrest save the vampires visit but like everyone recco'd I just don't open the door lol. Only once did Caleb "break in" but my sim had no actual house at the time just living on the lot with a few items and he didn't even interact with her just hung around talking to someone on my sims lawn. Since building a house every few nights Vlad or Caleb will visit knock on the door but never actually come in and leave after a few hours
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I haven't really noticed it too much. In my current save, I have aliens & vampires as non-played households in all my worlds, & I rarely see any new spawned townie vamps. I have yet to have a break-in to my Sims home.

In my other save file, I had my Sims studying the vampire lore skill and doing research. That seemed to trigger a lot of vamps in that game.
    I notice that if I'm interacting with vampire things such as the vampire lore skill, I have more vampire activity & more spawned vampires. If I leave them alone, they aren't in my game as much.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I don't know why, but there are specific save files in which a human Sim gets the first night a visit from 3 vampires in a row, like literally one after the other starts knocking at the door. And then I have save files in which I do not see any vampires knock at the door, which is really weird. My recent Sim is not even a geek, the only thing she did was start the game with reading vampire lore LOL... Which probably brought the vampires to her home. It was really weird. One of them knocked, she invited him in, then the next knocked, she let him in and then... yeah the third one knocked and she let him in. All male vampires *cough* One is now her romantic interest. But then 8 days into the game a female vampire came in and bit her! Vlad however never arrived to start the vampire tutorial, it was only when this female vamp just came in that I knew it was still working. But yeah I didn't see any break-ins the first 8 days.