Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the bowling stuff pack really should have been put in city life expansion

13...Next

Comments

• GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    MissCherie wrote: »
    Why people assume that if it had been included in City Living it would have been less than what it is now?

I'm sorry, but when people think stuff packs are more complete than expansion packs there's a problem, it's not normal that people think stuff packs are better than expansion packs, it's not normal that people think the stuff in the expansion packs are not flesh out, but the stuff packs are...

Why people compare the bowling to the basket ball? Why pick the worse? Why not singing/karaoke? Do people feel like singing/karaoke was incomplete?

I feel like people will defend EA no matter what, if someone dare say City Living feel empty and incomplete people defend it saying it's amazing, but if we say that bowling should have been in City Living, oh God no, it would have been a waste cause activities in expansion packs are not flesh out.

Why do people assume that if it had been included in City Living, it would have been less than what it is now?

I can answer that, its called history.

Aliens in GTW vs Vampires GP.
    Retail in GTW vs Dine Out or Spa Day
    Babies in base game vs toddlers
    Basketball in CL vs Bowling SP

Each of those examples above are weaker and more of an afterthought than their fleshed out counterparts that have a whole SP or GP devoted to them. If bowling was included in CL, would we have got all the other decor that goes with it? We didn't with basketball, so why should we assume we would have gotten it with bowling if bowling was included?

As well as, most of the decor in the bowling stuff pack is Americana 1950ish, even the new radio station is retro. Vintage/retro decor doesn't really fit into the modern city living decor.

You also can't really say that stuff packs are more complete than an expansion pack. The stuff pack is focused on one detail, the expansion pack isn't.

And, I do think that the game packs released for Sims4 are better than the expansion packs released for Sims4. They are better than GTW and CL ... maybe not GT though, the club feature is something I hope they put in every sims game that comes after Sims4.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2017
    LadyJester wrote: »
    The gurus that worked on the stuff pack talked about how the people that worked on EP had no plans to put bowling into any of their packs so the stuff pack team decided to make it into a stuff pack.

Here is the tweets from Graham talking about it.

@DeservedCriticism I am sorry you feel like you're not getting your moneys worth but if other people feel like they are then whats the problem? You shouldn't worry about other people just worry about yourself. Theres a diffrance between saying "I feeling like I am not getting my moneys worth with the stuff pack." and "Why are people buy these packs? They aren't worth the money."

Thank you for posting Graham's comments. I'm glad the stuff pack team can take up projects the EP team may not ever do.
    ETA: but I still have one tiny request...kitchen curtains! But what he says makes sense to me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.