Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suddenly it's a ghost town

Comments

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I really think that this teen lot trait has affected every place. Seems like that @feetinstockings if they are walk-by sims and not "in" the actual lot.
    I looked for this new 'teen' trait and discovered it was a trait for a lot. I decided against using it. I already have three teens who live in that lot, two child Sims and one toddler. Like I need a house full of teens? Yikes, and not thanks. LOL

I think it is in working in our game, weather we put the trait on a lot or not! LOL

*not put the trait on any of my lots*
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I went to Widenburg to the library, it was evening time, no one came to the library and no one was where the chess tables are. I saw no one. I'm going to try in the day time. I don't have the teen lot anywhere in my game.
    But I think you are right @charlotteprice this teen lot trait is having an effect in the game even when not being used. I'm surprised only a few of us have this problem. I hope the Gurus see this thread.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member

@JimG72 No they're not from the same household. One lives in Willow Creek and the other lives in San Myshino. I haven't seen any others out since then. I think my game just had a glitch.

Wow, that's even weirder then. Definitely sounds like a glitch. I'm going to roam around some lots and see if I encounter any wandering toddlers, lol.
    ok I went in the day time to the library in Widenburg, sims turned up and at the chess park to. but still no one at the grill park at the back of my sims house.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    my new world, I took Darling to where Johnny Zest lives, sims are walking about but there are no sims where the grills are and its dinner time
    03-26-17_5-35-42PM_zpspqqigteh.png

I'll go to Widenburg park and see if anyone is there. My old world sims were in the park, But I'll see if there were the chess sets are.

I've never ever seen any Sims there autonomously. Well, except the community gardener.
    my new world, I took Darling to where Johnny Zest lives, sims are walking about but there are no sims where the grills are and its dinner time

I'll go to Widenburg park and see if anyone is there. My old world sims were in the park, But I'll see if there were the chess sets are.

I've never ever seen any Sims there autonomously. Well, except the community gardener.

I have seen sims there. nearly every time I take a sim there around lunch or dinner. its usually packed.
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    edited March 2017
    Weird, my game is often full of sims walking around and eating :/
    c7dsmvu4qadb.jpg
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member

I have never seen any sim but the gardener in this area as long as I've played
    c7dsmvu4qadb.jpg

this is what mine used to be until the last patch, now no one comes, no one except the sims I am playing go into that area.
    when I started a brand new world, I had two other sims in there, then nothing, I played for about four sim days, still no one. sims pass it but never go in. and as in my former world I had sims knocking on my door every day throughout the day, this new world I've only had the welcome wagon.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    c7dsmvu4qadb.jpg

this is what mine used to be until the last patch, now no one comes, no one except the sims I am playing go into that area.
    when I started a brand new world, I had two other sims in there, then nothing, I played for about four sim days, still no one. sims pass it but never go in. and as in my former world I had sims knocking on my door every day throughout the day, this new world I've only had the welcome wagon.

That actually looks kinda quiet; I could easily find 3 of those tables full of sims sitting down and about 5 or 6 more standing around next to them until the plate incident occurred. I'll find out later if starting a new save has helped at all.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    edited March 2017
    @feetinstockings I took the picture today (3 hours ago) while playing, this save is 1 month old and my game has the last update. Of course they leave when night comes, but i still have sims walking in the neighborhood during the night and the area is full again during day time.
    So i don't know why game reacts differently, but it's like that in all my save (and in most of my neighborhood, didn't check all of them)
    @BabySquare More sims came later ^^
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    @feetinstockings I took the picture today (3 hours ago) while playing, this save is 1 month old and my game has the last update. Of course they leave when night comes, but i still have sims walking in the neighborhood during the night and the area is full again during day time.
    So i don't know why game reacts differently, but it's like that in all my save (and in most of my neighborhood, didn't check all of them)

2 quick questions:

Have you tried cleaning up any gone off food from those areas? and are your townies making use of the nearby fishing spots?

I've found it's not just those park spaces that are suddenly deserted, locals used to fish all the time too - suddenly no one is.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    edited March 2017
    I did not repair my game yet. I went to OS and WC and no activity in the lot except the gardener in OS, and Mortimer visited in WC. There were walk-by sims but no children, did see a few teens while observing!
    25g5a8z.png
    1231pbr.png
    Edit: forgot to add, I was surprised there were people fishing though! Haven't checked the park out yet, but will repair and see how it goes next time I play!
    do04ep.png
    I also removed a few pics, I figured they were OT, LOL
    Post edited by FairyGodMother on
    edited March 2017
    BabySquare wrote: »

2 quick questions:

Have you tried cleaning up any gone off food from those areas? and are your townies making use of the nearby fishing spots?

I've found it's not just those park spaces that are suddenly deserted, locals used to fish all the time too - suddenly no one is.

Yep i had to clean up everything, it was a mess (i didn't see them coming back)
    Yes i have some sims fishing, but it's rare. (the only exception is in newcrest, the pond, where everyone came fishing apparently) But i do see sims fishing in oasis spring park.
    9zludd1dxw5k.jpg
    I do have some teens/child playing.
    63a4a3xrt4p7.jpg
    I did not repair my game yet. I went to OS and WC and no activity in the lot except the gardener in OS, and Mortimer visited in WC. There were walk-by sims but no children, did see a few teens while observing!
    25g5a8z.png
    1231pbr.png
    Edit: forgot to add, I was surprised there were people fishing though! Haven't checked the park out yet, but will repair and see how it goes next time I play!
    do04ep.png
    I also removed a few pics, I figured they were OT, LOL

where is that fishing pond???

i'm glad some simmers have play as usual.
    I had fishers before update, and a few after. but I haven't had any in my new save at all.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    What kind of lots are loaded when the public space is empty? Right now, I'm on a café lot in San Myshuno and it's packed full - 18 Sims. The only Sims anywhere else are two minding stalls (which they weren't last time I looked around). I haven't used the new lot trait anywhere yet.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @feetinstockings it's in newcrest, near the two 20*15 lots, lots of sims fish here in my game too.
    in my game it was my home lot, I cant remember what lot when going into oasis springs.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    in my game it was my home lot, I cant remember what lot when going into oasis springs.

OK. Sounds like it's not what I thought just then, that Sims might be crowding a nonresidential lot instead of being in the neighbourhood space.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    What kind of lots are loaded when the public space is empty? Right now, I'm on a café lot in San Myshuno and it's packed full - 18 Sims. The only Sims anywhere else are two minding stalls (which they weren't last time I looked around). I haven't used the new lot trait anywhere yet.

Mine is in NC on the right side, with the 20x30 lots and the 40x20 and 40x30. The fishing hole is right behind their house, not on their lot though.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I took out all saves and tray files and started a new game and still no sims around. :(:(
    edited March 2017
    So after i clean up the area, i didn't see any townie back, but 2 sims day later they came back (And i'm sure i'll have to clean up everything again)
    33y5jczy0j4p.jpg
    I really don't understand why it works in my game and not in other game. I play rotational, maybe it help ?
    Edit: typo

2nd edit: kidzp0r0k1yy.jpg
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    It may be a daily cycle thing. If Sims stop showing up after you clean the food, it might take til the next in-game day for them to come back. That'd be my guess.

I haven't seen any issues but I also don't clean the areas. The gurus have said the community lots clean themselves when you leave the loaded space for another.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.