Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suddenly it's a ghost town

Comments

• shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Huh I need to go out there and see what's up. One of my sims just went clubbing and I saw more sims there than I have ever seen before.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I haven't noticed if public areas are dead or not, I'll have to check my game next time I log in. The only oddity I noticed today was when I had Darling Walsh in Windenburg. It was after 9 pm. and I ran into 2 toddlers out on their own. Neither of them live in Windenburg. One asked Darling to read to her and when she finished reading, they walked off and disappeared. I've never run into toddlers before when I'm out with a sim. I imagine it was also a glitch, sadly.
    f3e92f28-c4de-4817-82fe-b544a102d43d.png

that is weird. But I don't have toddlers in any other household than the one I am playing, so I don't know if this is normal. if it is normal, it is very weird.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited March 2017
    The only oddity I noticed today was when I had Darling Walsh in Windenburg. It was after 9 pm. and I ran into 2 toddlers out on their own. Neither of them live in Windenburg. One asked Darling to read to her and when she finished reading, they walked off and disappeared. I've never run into toddlers before when I'm out with a sim.
    @ronnigirl67 Were the toddlers from the same household?
    that is weird. But I don't have toddlers in any other household than the one I am playing, so I don't know if this is normal. if it is normal, it is very weird.
    I've had toddlers in a lot of households and never seen them out on their own. Definitely not normal.

• ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    edited March 2017
    I love the community area in New Crest (top left) and I like to place a house beside it. My Sims always take advantage of the company and free food.

The community areas in Bedrock Straits, Oasis Springs, however, are always devoid of Sims except for the gardener although there are plenty of passersby.

I've just assumed that the discrepancy was down to who did the programming for each World and what their priorities might have been.

The person responsible for New Crest deserves smacked legs, though. The benches and trash bins on the above-mentioned community area are like a magnet to the Sims living next door to them. They keep going awol to sleep on a bench or use the bin.

I have noticed more Sims walking past the front of the house since the patch was installed.
    Don't feed the trolls
    @ratsrbest bedrock Straits oasis springs, I will check that out today.
  • ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    The only oddity I noticed today was when I had Darling Walsh in Windenburg. It was after 9 pm. and I ran into 2 toddlers out on their own. Neither of them live in Windenburg. One asked Darling to read to her and when she finished reading, they walked off and disappeared. I've never run into toddlers before when I'm out with a sim.
    @ronnigirl67 Were the toddlers from the same household?
    I've had toddlers in a lot of households and never seen them out on their own. Definitely not normal.

@JimG72 No they're not from the same household. One lives in Willow Creek and the other lives in San Myshino. I haven't seen any others out since then. I think my game just had a glitch.
    where is bedrock straits????
    I've been playing all day so far and still the grilling park is empty. I will have to move my sims into a new game.
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    In my currant game my sims live on the Umbrage Manor lot, near the Goths. Normaly there are lots of sims in the area knocking at the door, jogging etc. Since the patch no visitors no joggers not even the vampires come round anymore. The only sims that seem to spawning in the area seems to be teens, Its currently 10.45 am on a Friday in my game, outside my house I can see Darling Walsh talking to Hugo Villareal. The only other sims in the area are Luna Villareal and Yuki Behr. Obviously these teens should be at school but it seems everyone else has gone.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm not using the teen trait anywhere.
    @GalacticGal I'll try that now.

Is anyone else having this problem???

@CrazyboutTheSims I have sims walking past it, but none in it. are your sims walking near the parks??

@feetinstockings There was one playing chess in the park. The street where I normally have my sims live in Willow Springs will normally have quite a few sims walking by and some groups talking.. This time when I played that house there was not a single sim in site.
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    where is bedrock straits????

I'd guess from your next post that you found it, but just in case, it's the stretch of road where Johnny Zest lives in his trailer.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I don't think it's because of the plates. The area that is empty for me it's just a playground.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2017
    This is encouraging (I haven't installed patch yet) because this has been going on in my game for over a year. So, if it's actually noticeable in other people's games now and they see places are void of Sims, that means they may all come back to my game. Usually, that's how these patches have worked for me. If I had a problem (no mods or cc) others didn't, if they fixed something and I had never experienced the problem, I got it, so yay, I will try to test the new patch later today. This may mean my game is full again. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    I started a fresh new world and installed my sims into it.
    within minutes of play I found these sims in the grill park
    03-26-17_3-53-39PM_zpsfmqbi9fc.png
    I'll go to Johnny Zest later see whats going on there. But I fear simmers having these problems may have to start a fresh new world. I uploaded all my sims I wanted onto my gallery and installed them into the new world.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I have noticed that in prior patches, where people start a new game and it fixes it. What about the people who are invested in their game and don't want to start a new game? (this is not me though, I always start new games quite often).

Do you think "repair the game" would fix it in an older game maybe? (for those having issues)

Anyway, I haven't played in any parks, but I did play last night for about 5 sim days. I am in CL in the salt house. Walls down. Waiting on Dr. to have her baby. I have yet to see any children playing on the monkey bars or in that park/festival lot. I saw Darling Walsh one time at the food booth. I saw one teen on a different day at the ground mural. Those are the only two teens I have seen.
    I hadn't thought of repairing the game, that's a definitely must do first. I still have my old save, I'll do that and see if it makes any difference.
    I repaired my game after the last time I played, I'll see if that made a difference in a bit @charlotteprice
    I repaired my game. I played for nearly a whole day, no one there for breakfast or lunch time. it made no difference, still no sims came to the grill park.
    I'm going to continue playing my new world. The repair may help in other simmers games.
    I repaired my game. I played for nearly a whole day, no one there for breakfast or lunch time. it made no difference, still no sims came to the grill park.
    I'm going to continue playing my new world. The repair may help in other simmers games.

Thanks for testing it.

I am going to keep playing my old one and see if teens and kids are in the other areas. They have always been at my festival/park, so it surprised me they were not there at all.
    I've been playing my new world, its lunch time and no one is there. its empty.
    I've been playing my new world, its lunch time and no one is there. its empty.

So, for you, it's the same in the old world as it is in the new world? Wow
    I now have children playing. I repaired my game twice before coming back to this save.
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    I now have children playing. I repaired my game twice before coming back to this save.

Well, that is excellent news! Glad you have kids playing now. I am sure (?) you repaired it twice to be on the safe side?

This is good to know though! Thanks for getting back. I think I will repair my game before going back in because it is very odd that there are no kids in my park, or playing on the monkey bars!
    edited March 2017
    my new world, I took Darling to where Johnny Zest lives, sims are walking about but there are no sims where the grills are and its dinner time
    03-26-17_5-35-42PM_zpspqqigteh.png

I'll go to Widenburg park and see if anyone is there. My old world sims were in the park, But I'll see if there were the chess sets are.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    I looked for this new 'teen' trait and discovered it was a trait for a lot. I decided against using it. I already have three teens who live in that lot, two child Sims and one toddler. Like I need a house full of teens? Yikes, and not thanks. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/