Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teens are now slightly worse.

So yeah I just saw the patch notes and now teens can apparently live on their own. Seriously they already feel like adults with the only difference being they can not work full time jobs and have to go to school. Now they are allowed to go to live on their own that does not seem very realasltic on what teens are lol. My slight hope is that slight overall on teens is a sign of things to come because to be honest I feel like teens get less love in this game then kids and like I said teens are just adults who go to school instead of work full time jobs.

Comments

• sammielouis8sammielouis8 Posts: 1 New Member
    I LOVE this. I have always wanted something like this in the sims <3
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    I'm super happy about this. I thought it was silly that I could create a teen in CAS and move them into the world alone, but they couldn't move out of their parents homes through the Household Management screen. I don't see TS4 teens as being like 14-15 years old. I see them around 17-18, so I play them as younger young adults.

it just seems unrealistic and uncommon like alright thats cool i can seem them being 17-18 year olds sure except what about 13-16 year old gap and like i said i feel like the teenagers feel like teenagers played actors who are clearly adults in order to get away with teenagers doing teenager inapropriate things without actually showing teenagers doing inapropriate things if that makes any sense. like fine if you want to play that way it works out great for you but what about someone who wants real teenagers who are 13-16 is it really too bad for you if you do not like it do not buy the game or focus on everything else you like about the game and oh yeah you should stop complaining period since they realased the tolder patch and the vampire pack when they did not have to do those things be thankful for what you got and stop complaining right or just do not do not buy it and if you bought it you obviously like some stuff about it urgh.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Yeah, I see where you're coming from. Before the patch, teens were dependent on their parents to an extent. It wasn't the most fun in the world, but it made them unique. Now, they may as well be young adults.
    wJbomAo.png
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    They could already live on their own. All the patch did was make it easier to move them out in the manage households screen. But there were work arounds for it already.
    I remember prior to this you could already make a household in CAS with just teens in it.

So yeah, I don't see any fundamental gameplay change here. Just a QOL addition.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited March 2017
    I've already made a teen living on her own today in celebration. Many teens move out or even runaway while underage it's good for stories and challenges. I really appreciate what they do or think of to make it easier for us not to cheat. This is one thing those of you who do not believe in it don't have to engage with.. there are many simmers who will use this option now.
    I'm wondering if it might have something to do with schooling options in the future... and hope it does. I don't know whats coming down the pike but I can dream.
    egTcBMc.png
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    I'm super happy about this. I thought it was silly that I could create a teen in CAS and move them into the world alone, but they couldn't move out of their parents homes through the Household Management screen. I don't see TS4 teens as being like 14-15 years old. I see them around 17-18, so I play them as younger young adults.

it just seems unrealistic and uncommon like alright thats cool i can seem them being 17-18 year olds sure except what about 13-16 year old gap and like i said i feel like the teenagers feel like teenagers played actors who are clearly adults in order to get away with teenagers doing teenager inapropriate things without actually showing teenagers doing inapropriate things if that makes any sense. like fine if you want to play that way it works out great for you but what about someone who wants real teenagers who are 13-16 is it really too bad for you if you do not like it do not buy the game or focus on everything else you like about the game and oh yeah you should stop complaining period since they realased the tolder patch and the vampire pack when they did not have to do those things be thankful for what you got and stop complaining right or just do not do not buy it and if you bought it you obviously like some stuff about it urgh.

I think some players would be happier if the same amount of effort that went into toddlers also went into teens :wink:

no i get the feeling that some players actually feel like because they put so much effort into toddlers we should no longer expect much or want any more effort into anything. i mean that was the impression i got when i asked people how they felt about the aniversy celeberation stuff this year people were almost insulted i was expecting anything since omg we got tolders for free!
    Triplis wrote: »
    They could already live on their own. All the patch did was make it easier to move them out in the manage households screen. But there were work arounds for it already.
    I remember prior to this you could already make a household in CAS with just teens in it.

So yeah, I don't see any fundamental gameplay change here. Just a QOL addition.

i actually did not know that and yeah it kind of makes sense now but i still think teens a big overhall in general. teens right now may as well be young adults but forced to go to school instead of getting a fulltime job.
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I've already made a teen living on her own today in celebration. Many teens move out or even runaway while underage it's good for stories and challenges. I really appreciate what they do or think of to make it easier for us not to cheat. This is one thing those of you who do not believe in it don't have to engage with.. there are many simmers who will use this option now.
    I'm wondering if it might have something to do with schooling options in the future... and hope it does. I don't know whats coming down the pike but I can dream.

yeah i get that but here is my response or at least how i slightly feel. i feel like because we got tolders for free we should thank ea for going above and beyond for us for doing something that was so amazing and wonderful. and while tolders were an issue with the game i also felt like teens were an issue with the game except like i said everyone thinks because tolders were added nothing but eps that add weather and pets and maybe new locations should be expected from now on. when i think teens need to be seriously overhalled because the way teens are for me they may as well be young adults at this point. like for me i can not play a teenager to be honest because they just feel too much like a young adult and i do not want to play teens close to a young adult. i think teenagers need their own patch and or game pack. because there is just not enough content in this game to make them unique. i enjoy playing child sims a lot more then teenage sims.

yeah i get that but here is my response or at least how i slightly feel. i feel like because we got tolders for free we should thank ea for going above and beyond for us for doing something that was so amazing and wonderful. and while tolders were an issue with the game i also felt like teens were an issue with the game except like i said everyone thinks because tolders were added nothing but eps that add weather and pets and maybe new locations should be expected from now on. when i think teens need to be seriously overhalled because the way teens are for me they may as well be young adults at this point. like for me i can not play a teenager to be honest because they just feel too much like a young adult and i do not want to play teens close to a young adult. i think teenagers need their own patch and or game pack. because there is just not enough content in this game to make them unique. i enjoy playing child sims a lot more then teenage sims.

I understand and agree they are not like young teens to me.. they are more suited to 16-18 and nearing college age. I happen to enjoy them as they are. I do hope you get that younger version of teens. It doesn't change that I like the possibility of moving them out to live with a friend or they just decide to move out on their own though.
    egTcBMc.png

I understand and agree they are not like young teens to me.. they are more suited to 16-18 and nearing college age. I happen to enjoy them as they are. I do hope you get that younger version of teens. It doesn't change that I like the possibility of moving them out to live with a friend or they just decide to move out on their own though.

i wont lie that does sound a cool feature to me its just like i feel like its a cool feature if you enjoy playing those types of sims which you do. and i am glad you can understand how i feel. its not a mater of oh if you do not like do not play it its a mater of the features i do want do not exist yet. and yet i feel like eveyone will point out but tolders! lol. its also the same with city life. so many people say well think of it this way it makes no sense to be able to build an appartment if you do not own it. because a big complaint i have with city life is that you can not own and build your own appartments!
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I think what I'd have done if I was designing this game is I'd have gone back to having teens as a bit younger like they were in TS2, too young to drive or whatever, like up to 16. Then Young Adulthood I would start at 16 with them still in High School or college, and leave the player to decide when they wanted them to leave school. That would be like dropping out at 16 or going on to get their A Levels (graduate). The longer they stay in full time education after they become YA the better their qualifications and the higher jobs they can get. But at YA age whether or not they are still in education, at that age they are over the age of consent and can also drive and leave home.
    to be honest here is what i think they should do. they should create 1 or 2 other sub ages for teens. make 13-14 year teens who would young teenagers that are slightly above kids but can do everything teens can and act like teenagers then we have the 14-16 year old teens who are the teens from the sims 2 and 3 basically and then we have 16-18 year old teens who would be the young adults basically
  • simmerbrentleysimmerbrentley Posts: 203 Member
    They're probably working on teens I'm sure. All I want is shorter more recognizable teens, aside from additional interactions. Those can be introduced in packs though. Like I said, shorter teens would be great!
    I would like something representing 11-15 year olds. It could be vague but shorter would be nice. I can see sending the size we have now to college, teaching them to drive ect.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I really hope between April-Jun we will get a GP for all generations. :smile:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Most teens these days think they are young adults.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    So yeah I just saw the patch notes and now teens can apparently live on their own. Seriously they already feel like adults with the only difference being they can not work full time jobs and have to go to school. Now they are allowed to go to live on their own that does not seem very realasltic on what teens are lol. My slight hope is that slight overall on teens is a sign of things to come because to be honest I feel like teens get less love in this game then kids and like I said teens are just adults who go to school instead of work full time jobs.

I don't know so much about your thread title. I don't see how having options is ever worse, but I do agree with some of your thoughts on Teens in general. Toddlers weren't the only life stage missing in this game. They just disguised this one a bit better if I'm being honest.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I do want 15-16 teens. 17-19 teens are like adults not so fun !
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Well, I do agree that teens need to act more like.. well teens. That's why I loved the Generations pack in Sims 3, pulling pranks and being moody. However, the add on to move teens out and make it simpler is a big plus for me. Sometimes I want to start a young sim that needs to go to school, but also work and grow up all in one go. Which makes story telling a lot of fun!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I have a feeling we might see preteens sometime in the future, so teens being able to be independent doesn't bother me. Teens as they are now look 17-19 to me. 16, if I pretend hard enough, but not younger. And it's not so uncommon for 16-19 year olds to live independently.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm hoping the reason for this is because they see teens as almost as adults and they're about 17-19 years old and perhaps because of this they're going to create preteens.

I've got my fingers crossed for this and hoping that means there's going to be some teen updates/or pack coming out.