Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old Nostalgia

It feels like sims 2's end all over again. I've been gone since 2014, or 2013, I forget. I only came back to see what was happening and what I missed since having acquired Expansions I didn't have before. Naturally I recognize only a few simmers and it's a bit sad to see what was once a place full of familiar avis, be reduced to so little.

Hello to all the new, hello to all the old! Keep on simmin!

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Welcome back but...erm, I'm not entirely sure how some of us are going to feel about being described as if we were a bunch of museum exhibits. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Hello and welcome back... :)

I very vaguely think I remember you. Or I think I think I do. Either way, thank you!
    igazor wrote: »
    Welcome back but...erm, I'm not entirely sure how some of us are going to feel about being described as if we were a bunch of museum exhibits. :p

I think I remember you too! Ah well I'm an old relic of the Sims 3 days past ;)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2017
    (lol @igazor :D )
    Hi there OP, I know what you mean. Not on this forum, but another one that died; I have so many happy hours there with so many people. I'm not the youngest though, so I'm used to that. School, former job, a choir I used to sing in long ago, all gone ;) That's life and the good part: there always will be new groups and communities to be part of and the sweet memories will always be there. I'm having a good time here myself, it sort of replaced the other forum B)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    This is still the nicest, and most friendly part of the forums here, so don't be a stranger or anything :) I miss the old boards very much, it's a shame that we were tricked out of there, but it's quiet in this part at least, and the TS3 players in here are lovely still.
    Some of us relics are still around :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @SIMplified Welcome back to the forums :smile:

It is always sad to see that so many Simmers have left but a few of us are still here and a lot of cool new members as well :smile: I have been around since 2000 although I have only had this account since 2014 :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I started in the forums in 2013 and moved to this one when they closed the other one down.I've only been MIA for a few days recently because I had a full hard drive which stopped my play.I've been working on getting that fixed and should be back to normal again soon.
    @SIMplified -I remember seeing you sometimes in the old forums.I've got the full TS3 collection and my game is insanely overloaded with too many Mods though it dosen't slow the game down.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    I know what you mean - there are many names that no longer appear around here which I miss. But even though some of the players have changed, it's still the same game and we all still work to keep this a nice place to be. Good to see you on the boards again.
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    I am still here (waves @Surreal nice to see you about) I don't post often though anymore...mainly due to apathy and laziness not to mention losing track of posts. I am still happily addicted to TS3 even though I am kind of starting over after my hard drive went full toaster on me and I lost all my beloved sims. @SIMplified this is the happy bit of the boards beware where you stray as there some bits of the new boards that make hades look like a holiday camp. :)
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    igazor wrote: »

There is no shame about being an old museum exhibit, and still looking great after so many years... Old fossil pride ! B)

when+dinosaurs+ruled+the+earth.gif
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    "I'm a dinosaur...somebody's diggin' my bones..."
    -King Crimson.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Hi there! I'm old!
    *shuffles out slowly pushing a walker mumbling something about kids these days*
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hello back at 'cha. :lol:

I REMEMBER YOU AND ALL OF THE WORLDS I DOWNLOADED FROM YOUR EXCHANGE!! <3
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I started in the forums in 2013 and moved to this one when they closed the other one down.I've only been MIA for a few days recently because I had a full hard drive which stopped my play.I've been working on getting that fixed and should be back to normal again soon.
    @SIMplified -I remember seeing you sometimes in the old forums.I've got the full TS3 collection and my game is insanely overloaded with too many Mods though it dosen't slow the game down.

I really feel like I remember you too. If nothing else, that toddler avi brings back a lot!
    Pary wrote: »
    This is still the nicest, and most friendly part of the forums here, so don't be a stranger or anything :) I miss the old boards very much, it's a shame that we were tricked out of there, but it's quiet in this part at least, and the TS3 players in here are lovely still.
    Some of us relics are still around :D

Tricked out? Oh my I missed a lot. I was initially really, really confused because I went to the old Sims 3 site via the store. I was picking up registration rewards for my games, hit forums and wound up here. I forgot a forum move would be in order.
  • Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
    edited March 2017
    I understand what you mean, I've been a part of it since 2010 but I often come and go. And everytime I start making friends, life stops me from posting and when I return, months sometimes a year or two later, they've all gone :disappointed:
    I was once in a girl biker gang on here, haha, us against the biker guys - that was fun, I miss those old forum days.

I recognise quite a few names but I doubt they know me because I'm not always certain if I spoke to them or if I've just seen them around alot over the years :sweat_smile:

Anyway, welcome back!
    My Sim, living her best life...
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Hi there @SIMplified You won't remember me, but I remember you! I wasn't very active on the forums back then, more reading than commenting... And lots of the people on the forum frequently change avatars, which can be unsettling sometimes, but I'm sure you'll recognize a lot of "oldies" still active... *shuffles out after @Jessa_Dakkar *
    NymlADp.jpg
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    SIMplified wrote: »

Tricked out? Oh my I missed a lot. I was initially really, really confused because I went to the old Sims 3 site via the store. I was picking up registration rewards for my games, hit forums and wound up here. I forgot a forum move would be in order.

Yes, we were told that the old forums would be closed for one week for "maintenance" and then we could resume posting.
    Instead, all we got when we got back was an announcement that we'd all be forced to post over here from then on, if we wished to continue participating.

:disappointed:
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    SIMplified wrote: »

Yes, we were told that the old forums would be closed for one week for "maintenance" and then we could resume posting.
    Instead, all we got when we got back was an announcement that we'd all be forced to post over here from then on, if we wished to continue participating.

That is such an EA move. at least the store's still up and running, much luckier than what was given Sims 2 :(
    jillbg wrote: »
    Hi there @SIMplified You won't remember me, but I remember you! I wasn't very active on the forums back then, more reading than commenting... And lots of the people on the forum frequently change avatars, which can be unsettling sometimes, but I'm sure you'll recognize a lot of "oldies" still active... *shuffles out after @Jessa_Dakkar *

For some reason your avi seems familiar to me. I had to go to my Sims 3 page and save this one for over here, same old simself from 2013/2014 :D
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member

Sad, sad times. I miss the old forum and all my old friends. We used to have some great chatting going on on our 'my pages' before sims 4 came along and people left in droves :(

It is nice to see familiar names who moved across to carry on posting here, but there sure are a lot missing.