Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim 4 hidden secrets.

All sims games are full of secrets. This is either content that is rarely seen in the game, or content that is in the game files, but was cut from the final product but still lingers there.

Here is a cool secret I found when switching to a random child NPC

TS4_x64%202017-03-22%2012-52-48-52_zpsugqibtrw.png

This child clearly has a different aspiration that is not available in CAS. This aspiration is linked to karaoke so probably came from city living. Not sure how complete it is I could do some testing. The aspiration is called karaoke soul and the description is: The karaoke soul sing sweet karaoke to enchant sweet little audiences, and big ones too.

It seems to have unique goals to fulfill such as seen in the shot (practice singing for 2 hours straight and discuss vocals with 10 sims)

Anyway has anyone else found any secrets in the sims 4 or its packs.

True Love
Terrific Family Play
Too fun
The sims 2 forever

Comments

• Options
    PukingautotunePukingautotune Posts: 154 Member
    I would call this a glitch, not a secret and in terms of Easter eggs sims 4 has been lacking compared to previous installments.
    tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif
  • Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    Sorry, but I think this is actually a glitch.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I have seen somebody have something similar a while ago. Like, the issue itself happened much earlier, but I heard of it just two weeks ago.

The affected Simmer had a Sim with some kind of "alien ambassador" type of aspiration. Or "space explorer", I don't really remember what exactly it said. And the same question was asked: What is this aspiration, why is it not normally accessible in the game, and why did no modder try to find and unlock them yet?

If there are several hidden aspirations, then there might be some more hidden traits than we think as well. I'd love to learn modding TS4 right now so I could unlock them.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member

Not this one because you can't select it in CAS. Also strangely I can't find the string for this aspiration using sims 4 studio
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I have never seen that aspiration and I have City Living unless its a hidden aspiration you can unlock.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited March 2017
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    What kind of glitch would create a entirely new aspiration and how could I replicate it in my game?

^This made me choke on my tea lol :p
  • Options
    ShampuruShampuru Posts: 90 Member
    Interesting. Wonder what else is hiding from us in the code and was never implemented. I know there were a few CAS parts that have been hidden for whatever reason.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Are you able to complete said aspiration?
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Maybe it's some kind of NPC aspiration that will prompt Townies to get up and sing?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes, there is too some shoes hide.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    All sims games are full of secrets. This is either content that is rarely seen in the game, or content that is in the game files, but was cut from the final product but still lingers there.

This child clearly has a different aspiration that is not available in CAS. This aspiration is linked to karaoke so probably came from city living. Not sure how complete it is I could do some testing. The aspiration is called karaoke soul and the description is: The karaoke soul sing sweet karaoke to enchant sweet little audiences, and big ones too.

It seems to have unique goals to fulfill such as seen in the shot (practice singing for 2 hours straight and discuss vocals with 10 sims)

I have found a lot of secrets, secret areas and the Windenburg ghosts, who - when you revive them - and play them, will tell you a story.

• Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Could it be similar to the Grilled Cheese aspiration in that it is only triggered by doing something (singing karaoke?) a certain number of times?
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    This is very interesting, I would like to know more about this/how it got unlocked.
    I agree with mintycupcake. We need way more traits and fun aspirations.

Can you fullfill it/take more screens of it @peterskywalker ?
  • Options
    basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    I find it aggravating that there are aspirations that have been scrapped. They need to complete them and patch them it. There's so few aspirations (and traits) in this game. I feel like I'm just making the same Sims over and over.

I agree! I feel like all my sims have the same aspirations. It gets old!
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited March 2017
    @peterskywalker Additionally to what @Keks_Milch asked for, could you also take a screenshot of the aspiration's traits (the one you get for choosing it, and the one for completing it)?

Now that I know of two cases where a hidden aspiration just happened, I think I'll try adding some townies to my household to hunt for more. Maybe I can build an information databank for hidden aspirations out of this?

I find it aggravating that there are aspirations that have been scrapped. They need to complete them and patch them it. There's so few aspirations (and traits) in this game. I feel like I'm just making the same Sims over and over.
    @mintycupcake Especially aspirations. There is still quite a bit of variance within the traits, but none of the aspirations really feel that interesting. Having a family, being good at fishing, becoming the master of mixing, those all sound nice but not very amazing.
    And let's be honest here: Karaoke Soul? Alien Ambassador? Those are some pretty cool things, right? I'd love to have such Sims in my game! (the latter sounds perfect for my scientist Sim actually)
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I was reminded of this thread in CAS today. I made two sisters and one of them is a divorced mom. The Aunt/niece/nephew is automatically added while in CAS so why can't we add it ourselves?
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I could try maybe, however I can't find the talk about vocals in any of the sim interactions so don't know how to raise it.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member

I have found a lot of secrets, secret areas and the Windenburg ghosts, who - when you revive them - and play them, will tell you a story.

What story?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    What does the alien ambassador one detail?
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    It's so weird... I can't find any mention of it anywhere in the code...
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    simmerillesimmerille Posts: 8 New Member
    I got this aspiration too! An unpalyed child sim who was born through MC Command's story progression had this aspiration.
  • Options
    sallysimnamonsallysimnamon Posts: 81 Member

Oh gosh, yes. I agree with this one hundred percent. I sometimes find myself wanting to change townie traits that were already generated in game but then I realise there's really no point considering I'd just be creating a clone of every other Sim I've ever made. I'd love to get a nice new selection of traits and aspirations as we did in the Sims 3 (even with stuff packs, I believe). I guess we'll just have to wait and see what comes along in the new packs in the future but I'd certainly not complain if we actually got at least one or two new traits.