Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

did I miss this stuff in the patch notes?

aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
I skimmed through the patch notes and only saw ONE issue fixed that I have noticed in my game, which is a sim putting a dish of a served meal in their inventory.

What about the male kids having female voices when they age up? Or kids putting on makeup when not sitting at the vanity? These are two issues that drive me crazy. I shouldn't have to go into CAS every time I see a male sim with a girl voice.

Comments

• Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    I feel you. I too was hoping for the male-female voice bug to be fixed
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I skimmed through the patch notes and only saw ONE issue fixed that I have noticed in my game, which is a sim putting a dish of a served meal in their inventory.

What about the male kids having female voices when they age up? Or kids putting on makeup when not sitting at the vanity? These are two issues that drive me crazy. I shouldn't have to go into CAS every time I see a male sim with a girl voice.

That wasn't fixed.
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    It was a big download , 1GB+ I think , so there must be more than that.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Graham just tweeted that the makeup should be fixed as well.

Would be nice if you can confirm:
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    The main fixes for me were the dishes mentioned above. So far also:

- Teens allowed to move out alone
    - Sims are sitting when watching TV
    - I can click the undo button in CAS without the view resetting
  • Options
    philkewleyphilkewley Posts: 552 Member
    crinrict wrote: »

As far as I am concerned that was never a problem, it's cute to watch them playing at the vanity. The problem was when they started applying makeup at the dining table! And as that's an autonomous action it's hard to know how to test - the glitchy game is frustrating enough without having to sit for hours to catch whether or not their playing with makeup instead of eating their dinner.

02-03-17_8-20-25c2a0pm1.png

As the OP mentioned some of the most frustrating bugs were not fixed: kids growing up with squeaky voices, still not being able to swim laps, the executive desk chair still won't work with the executive desk - I also noticed a child sim standing behind a sofa to play the games console :(
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    My kids were doing that before the patch I haven't checked after it. But I did put 2 vanity tables in a community lot and my 7 kids all put makeup on without sitting at the vanity tables. I hope this is fixed.
    and they are still standing to play games.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »

I found this on the forum.
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    My most annoying issues are regarding restaurants. The bugs have existed for over 6 months and it's practically making owning a restaurant pointless. The food still comes out poor or normal even though the chefs are at max cooking/mixology and the customers still won't SIT DOWN. Therefore, the waitress will only take their orders sometimes. I haven't tested to see if it's fixed but it wasn't in the patch notes so I doubt it. :(
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I'm pretty disappointed that the voice issue wasn't fixed. I have to edit all my child sims just to make sure their voices are correct. As for the children playing with the vanity table while eating or watching TV, the children in my game are still doing that.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere yet, but the patch seems to have introduced an issue with the shift + click cheats. I use them pretty frequently (specifically the "make happy" one) on unplayed sims to ensure that they're in decent enough moods to interact with my played sim(s). Now, if you click on a sim you're not controlling (whether in your household or not) and select the "make happy" option, it maxes all the needs on the sim you're selected on rather than the sim you've clicked on. It's not a huge deal, but definitely strange in my opinion. I haven't checked to see if the "enable need decay" or "disable need decay" cheats cause the same problem, but I figured I'd mention it somewhere in case anyone else is having an issue with it in their game too.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2017
    Just about everything they listed in the patch notes today was a complaint I have had since toddler patch. No, it didn't say it was going to fix all my issues (performance etc.) however, it says it fixed a lot of things I listed as bugs on my many complaint posts, lol, so it's a good patch day imho, if it actually does fix all those issues because I had many of them along with many others. Including annoyed there was not a sock category for formal wear for toddlers. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    I tested the male kids having female voices when they age up issue in CAS.
    It's still there.
    So bad. I turned off aging because this...

@SimGuruNick @SimGuruArvin May you guys take a look into this issue please?
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2017
    philkewley wrote: »
    crinrict wrote: »

As far as I am concerned that was never a problem, it's cute to watch them playing at the vanity. The problem was when they started applying makeup at the dining table! And as that's an autonomous action it's hard to know how to test - the glitchy game is frustrating enough without having to sit for hours to catch whether or not their playing with makeup instead of eating their dinner.

02-03-17_8-20-25c2a0pm1.png

As the OP mentioned some of the most frustrating bugs were not fixed: kids growing up with squeaky voices, still not being able to swim laps, the executive desk chair still won't work with the executive desk - I also noticed a child sim standing behind a sofa to play the games console :(

I had them applying it while drawing too. I wouldn't mind, but the success of the makeup has varying moodlets which can mess up attempts to "Draw 2 pictures while inspired."

03-17-17_10-21-30_PM.png

However, Lucas Munch has now started transitioning to Lulu Munch in my game, inspired by this glitch.

03-18-17_1-58-35_AM.png
    Post edited by EmmaVane on
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    @EmmaVane That is actually really clever! It's nice seeing that bugs can actually inspire different gameplay :)
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Faberries wrote: »
    @EmmaVane That is actually really clever! It's nice seeing that bugs can actually inspire different gameplay :)

I also figured Mila won't mind, as she has 2 older boys :p