Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there ANY way to get Sims 4 in multiple tabs?

LuckyKittenCatLuckyKittenCat Posts: 4,640 Member
Hi, I am running Sims 4 in windowed mode, using origin, ON WINDOWS 10!
Is there a way for multiple sims 4 tabs to run. at once. and I am being specific or you may mess with me? I want to experiment with the idea of multiple sims being controlled at once.
I am undead! :smiley:
Post edited by LuckyKittenCat on

Comments

• LuckyKittenCatLuckyKittenCat Posts: 4,640 Member
    Hi, I am running Sims 4 in windowed mode, using origin, ON WINDOWS 10!
    Is there a way to run it in windowed mode? I want to experiment with the idea of multiple sims being controlled at once.

I don't know if I chose the right catagory
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    What do you mean? Like running the game in multiple windows? As far as I know, you can't run the game again once its already running.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited March 2017
    Aeriexo11 wrote: »
    What do you mean? Like running the game in multiple windows? As far as I know, you can't run the game again once its already running.

The only way to do this would be to play it on multiple computers at the same time and I don't think you can play in online mode with the game playing on more than one computer at the same time. You can't even open again if it is already running. You will get a error window pop up telling you can't open it because it is already running.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I think you're asking about multi-boxing. No, it can't be played like that. Even if you played on multiple computers it would have different saves unless you put them on a flash drive. But as others said it won't let you open more than one sims 4 program at a time.
    Ugh ):
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited March 2017
    Even if the game supported multiple windows, multi-boxing requires games to be played in real time on a server (like MMOs). Which Sims 4 is not. So even if you were playing two families at the same time and wanted them to meet, they would be standing in the same spot and wouldn't see each other.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    @LuckyKittenCat I love your signature Jack was so young in that clip. He's one of our favorite youtubers
    Dyrewitch wrote: »
    @LuckyKittenCat I love your signature Jack was so young in that clip. He's one of our favorite youtubers
    Lmao thanks. "Ours"?

also I love your grute (how do you spell his name -_-)
    and the two lonely img commands xD
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I play in windowed mode, its in the options. If you are talking about playing it in a browser then no because it isn't a web based game.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
    ladybreid wrote: »
    I play in windowed mode, its in the options. If you are talking about playing it in a browser then no because it isn't a web based game.
    you read the post wrong, but thank you for the uninformative info xD
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member

Wow, rude much?
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.

Wow, rude much?

I wasn't trying to be rude.. :|

Wow, rude much?

it is just kind of a fact.. :D
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Wow, rude much?

It is a fact that you were rude. Anyway, your post doesn't make much sense, so no need to get annoyed if someone misunderstands. You start off by saying that you play in windowed mode, then ask "Is there a way to run it in windowed mode?" Huh?
    IceyJ wrote: »

Wow, rude much?

It is a fact that you were rude. Anyway, your post doesn't make much sense, so no need to get annoyed if someone misunderstands. You start off by saying that you play in windowed mode, then ask "Is there a way to run it in windowed mode?" Huh?

so there is no way? I am still not getting info :/

Wow, rude much?

Can you play in windowed mode? Yes, it doesn't have to be full screen.

Can you play Sims 4 in multiple windows/tabs and control different sims by switching tabs? No.

And one more variation: can you play the Sims in one window while browsing the Internet in another? Yes, you can do that.

Wow, rude much?

Can you play Sims 4 in multiple windows/tabs and control different sims by switching tabs? No.
    wait.. you ...
    And one more variation: can you play the Sims in one window while browsing the Internet in another? Yes, you can do that.

YOURE MESSING WITH ME!!

Wow, rude much?

wait.. you ...

YOURE MESSING WITH ME!!

AHHHHHHH

Wow, rude much?

wait.. you ...

YOURE MESSING WITH ME!!

I gave you three valid answers. Other posters did the same thing. If you don't understand the differences between windows, tabs, and multi-boxing then I can't help you lol.

• mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member

Wow, rude much?

wait.. you ...

YOURE MESSING WITH ME!!

I don't see how you think you're being messed with...? The answers are pretty straight-forward and seem to cover what you're asking from every angle.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
    mariah6194 wrote: »

Wow, rude much?

wait.. you ...

YOURE MESSING WITH ME!!

I don't see how you think you're being messed with...? The answers are pretty straight-forward and seem to cover what you're asking from every angle.

y-
    nevermindnevremind
    -_-
    I am goingto
    postsomething
    ellsse
    edited March 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsgVYIGymx0
    is this a mod?
    how did they do that?
    Is this a troll?
    Editing, even?
    How did they get it in 2 windows..
    That was a modder trying to make Sims 4 multiplayer. To my knowledge, it wasn't successful and the mod isn't downloadable.

http://simscommunity.info/2016/11/15/modder-tries-to-make-the-sims-4-multiplayer/

• sallysimnamonsallysimnamon Posts: 81 Member
    Sometimes I think it would be useful to have the option to control two Sims at once because it really would get some relationships going a bit faster (I know mods can do this but I try and keep it natural, although it can feel one-sided with one or two particular Sims). Still though, I guess it just reflects real life if you think about it - you can only control your own actions, not those of others.