Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teen Hangout lot trait

Comments

• Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited March 2017
    One insight to this I can give here. EA/Maxis did put new code into ALL neighborhood walkby tuning files, which you guessed right are walkby Teenager Sims! These files control the walkbys for all Sims, even the vampires! I figured that one out yesterday as I checked my Neighborhood Protection mod for compatibility! It could be that this is exactly what it does! Spawn teens to walkby more often around those lots.

EDIT: oops SimGuruGraham actually confirmed it further up in the comments!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Oh well. Guess I'll just make a teen bowling club and set their hangout and then send my teens there.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Ok, I haven't played teens in a very long time. I usually played single sims. Since toddlers came out, I can't seem to get past that stage. I will have to age them up when bowling comes out though :D

So, the "parks" attract all the life stages. Do you think the "teen hangout" trait was brought out because of the bowling being considered as bars? I doubt that, because kids can actually bowl, right?

So, is the main purpose of the lot trait, so teens can get together? Because that is what GT is for? Unless it is for the one's who don't have GT yet?

I don't know, can someone shed some light on this? LOL
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I suppose they created this "trait" for all those people who complained about a die-off of Teens throughout the neighborhoods! Meaning many people commented on how their neighborhood somehow doesn't spawn teens for their own teens to hangout with!
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    I suppose they created this "trait" for all those people who complained about a die-off of Teens throughout the neighborhoods! Meaning many people commented on how their neighborhood somehow doesn't spawn teens for their own teens to hangout with!

@Tanja1986 could you tell from the code if it's just walkbys or is there a larger spawn rate of teen townies also?
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Bummer, I was hoping to build a lot that mostly attracted teens to actually hangout, not one where my sim has to go on a wild goose chase to get them to hangout. Ah well, I'll be using the group system then.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Then why named it teen hangout lot trait? LoL. Should be named teen pass by lot trait. :D

Yep. To me "hangout" means the lot, not the area around it. I can see wanting to use a teen walkby lot trait, but it wouldn't necessarily be on the same lots.

Question for @SimGuruGraham though: If I use this on a public (nonresidential) lot, will it increase the chance of those walkbys then coming to the lot? Or is that a separate spawn code?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I need a no young/adults or elderly allow trait. ;)
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    Bummer, I was hoping to build a lot that mostly attracted teens to actually hangout, not one where my sim has to go on a wild goose chase to get them to hangout. Ah well, I'll be using the group system then.

Exactly. I am not usually this negative but this addition really has me upset. This sounded like a very useful trait and to see how little it does makes it completely useless.
  • ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    I am so disappointed to read this.....I just wasted 8 hours building a teen hangout and teens just walk right on by. I almost cried. :(
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    The 'lot' though includes the neighborhood area you can walk around on without a loading screen. I don't see the issue. It's the items placed on the lot that attract the Sims, not the lot itself.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

Exactly. I am not usually this negative but this addition really has me upset. This sounded like a very useful trait and to see how little it does makes it completely useless.

Yeah, I was pretty excited for this because it reminded me of a mod I used for Sims 2 called 'Visitor Controller' that let you ban specific types of Sims from a lot. So I was able to make things like a Community College where I only allowed young adults. Here I was hoping to get a similar feature for Sims 4.
    I have no use for it either but seeing as how most are interested in an actual teen hangout lot trait, I hope the gurus will consider it,
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I'm still interested to know if it does anything else, like increase teen townie spawn rates. If anyone pokes the code with a stick and finds there's more to it, let me know. Otherwise, yeah it's rather useless.

At least with MCCC I can set townie spawn rates based on age. So unless it brings all the teens to the yard, it doesn't do anything for me.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

Yeah, I was pretty excited for this because it reminded me of a mod I used for Sims 2 called 'Visitor Controller' that let you ban specific types of Sims from a lot. So I was able to make things like a Community College where I only allowed young adults. Here I was hoping to get a similar feature for Sims 4.
    I have no use for it either but seeing as how most are interested in an actual teen hangout lot trait, I hope the gurus will consider it,

I remember the "Visitor Controller" mod and I loved it. I really would love that for Sims 4 too! I really do hope the gurus modify this trait to actually do what 99.9 percent of Simmers actually think it does. They are all in for a big let down.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited March 2017
    I also thought this would attract teens to the actual lot. I've not played yet, I procastinate on the forums instead, but I barely pay attention to the walkbys outside the house/community lot. Good thing most of my teens know each other.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Yeahhh sorry to the gurus but if that is all the trait does, it's plum patties. So much for my mall idea...
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I added the teen hang out lot to the park. I did notice a few more wander past. Ironically 15 sims on the lot and only one was a child which I thought was funny for a park!
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    @SimGuruGraham wow that was an exceptionally 🐸🐸🐸🐸 idea to make the trait like that.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I added the teen hang out lot to the park. I did notice a few more wander past. Ironically 15 sims on the lot and only one was a child which I thought was funny for a park!

Glad you checked that out. Could be different in other players game though. Seems people get some/alot of bugs and others don't.

My sim has been in the park (napping on the bench) before, and I would always see a couple kids there at 4 in the morning :o So, that does seem odd that there was only one child though, LOL
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Yeah, I mean what's the frogging point of the trait then, if teens don't actually go on the lot? Walk by sims are only annoying.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---