Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teen Hangout lot trait

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
edited March 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Is it working properly for anyone? I tried it for a cafe and only adults showed up. I do have a fair number of teens in my game. It was directly after school so maybe the time wasn't optimal. Will try a few other combinations, different time, different lot, etc, and see what happens.

ETA: Not a thread to bash the trait, just want to see what others have tried.
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I tried it not a single teen went to the lot in about 8 game hours full of young adults/adults.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    I have not had teens show up either. Must not be working properly?
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Do you guys by any chance use my old version of the "No Vampires in other neighborhood" mod? I had to update it because EA added Teen walkbys into these files! Or are you guys playing a Vanilla game?
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited March 2017
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    Do you guys by any chance use my old version of the "No Vampires in other neighborhood" mod? I had to update it because EA added Teen walkbys into these files! Or are you guys playing a Vanilla game?
    Only mod I'm using is pose player.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Is it working properly for anyone? I tried it for a cafe and only adults showed up. I do have a fair number of teens in my game. It was directly after school so maybe the time wasn't optimal. Will try a few other combinations, different time, different lot, etc, and see what happens.

It s not working it doesn't seem.
    @SimGuruNick can you look into this?

I suggest changing the thread to Is the teen hangout not working?
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    It isn't working for me either. I have a café that I built as an arcade and teens are actually showing up less. Not like they came much before, but still. @SimGuruNick would you be able see why it isn't working.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Has anyone tried this on a new game?
    Checking to see if the game spawns new one's?
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this on a new game?
    Checking to see if the game spawns new one's?

@Uzone27 Yes, I always do a test game with each new patch, as well as when I install a new pack. The test games are always fresh new game files without mods or CC. Then I do another with my mods and CC. There was no difference.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    That's a bummer. Hopefully they'll get it working soon. Have a couple kids I want to age up and play.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Do you think we have to wait till they actually release the pack, for it to work? Maybe that will trigger it?
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    I haven't tried using the lot trait in game, but the description of this lot trait actually says:
    "More teens will hangout around this lot. You'll spot them roaming the neighbourhood, as teens are known to do."

The way I read it, is that teens don't neccessarily do something on the lot that has this trait, but they'll be walking nearby- which for the game means they actually are on the lot.

So, has anyone looked around the neighbourhood? Because I haven't seen anyone mention that they have.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The Vampire Nexus trait doesn't work on that house in FH. Maybe it's because of the garlic?
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    This trait doesn't work at all for me either! This is very disappointing. I've had every age group EXCEPT teens show up. This needs fixed.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited March 2017
    I put the trait on my willow creek library. Took a teen there. She was the only one. But the game did spawn seceral single teen households.

No cc, no mods.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2017
    Has anyone started an EA Bugs topic? http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs (I haven't had a chance to play to confirm anything myself re. the lot trait.)

Also paging @SimGuruNick and @SimGuruArvin since this isn't in the Bugs forum.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    I haven't tried using the lot trait in game, but the description of this lot trait actually says:
    "More teens will hangout around this lot. You'll spot them roaming the neighbourhood, as teens are known to do."

The way I read it, is that teens don't neccessarily do something on the lot that has this trait, but they'll be walking nearby- which for the game means they actually are on the lot.

So, has anyone looked around the neighbourhood? Because I haven't seen anyone mention that they have.

This is exactly what the trait does.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I made a new lot specially for teens, had my teen sim make a teen club as that lot as their hang out. sent her there on her own, No teens came in. so I had her start her club, they all turned up. But no other teens came, didn't even walk by. So I thought maybe I don't have enough teens, so I went into manage world and gave some of the homeless teens, including a set I downloaded. still nothing. No teens came. only YA and adults. :(
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

This is exactly what the trait does.

Ahhh. Thank you. I think we were all assuming it was the lot itself. Still, this is useful. But the lot itself would be awesomer ;)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I'm not going to use it either, I would rather use the space for something that will actually influence the lot.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Yes, the name of it is misleading. I did think this would bring teens to the lot for the purpose of hanging out. I don't see using it for my game, but someone having trouble meeting other teens might find it helpful. Teens already do walkbys in my game quite often.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png